Planning with the Teacher

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

5:30 am.

Wow, Lee Sungyeol you are such a nice guy. Waking up extra early so you could talk the lesson plan over with your teacher so you could start tutoring someone you don't even like. Yup, that's me. I am Mr. Nice Guy.

I got up and started doing my morning routine. By 6:45 am, I was out the door. What a lovely day, I thought sarcastically. 15 minutes later, I was inside the school building. I started making my way to the staff room to find Mr. Shim. When I got there I was surprised to see he was the only one there.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Shim," I bowed politely. I stood in front of him. "Ah, Sungyeol just in time. I just finished printing the papers." He patted the chair beside him. "Come sit. This might take a while."

And so, for the next hour all we did was look over the lesson plan for this year. Apparently, we are focusing on Math and English because we are going on to college next year and Mr. Shim felt these subjects are the ones that are going to benefit us the most. "You may take the papers to review them further if you need to." He handed me the thick booklet. The bell rang. signalling the beginning of classes. I started heading upstairs.

I went to my locker and quickly stuffed my belongings and took out my mandatory classroom things. When I got to the classroom everyone was already sitting quietly. I hurried to my seat. Mr. Shim's not here yet. And neither is Mi Jin. Late again?  The second bell rang. The door opened and Mi Jin entered, along with Mr. Shim.

"Hello again class. I have plenty of announcements to make." And that was the beginning of another boring morning. When the lunch bell rang everyone immediately scurried out the classroom. My brain is so fried. I walked agonizingly slow to my locker. Sungjong was humming a very cheerful song as he was closing his locker. I took my lunch out and walked with Sungjong over to Myungsoo's locker. "Hyung, you look tired."

"Yeah, I had to go to school early so I could talk the lesson plan over with Mr. Shim." Sungjong patted my back. "I feel so bad for you." I shook my head. No, please don't. I don't need your pity. . . No wait, I do.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around. Kang Mi Jin? "Hi, I will be joining you for lunch today," she said, and with that she followed me into the cafeteria. I was confused. "Why?," I asked. "There's nothing wrong with hanging out with my tutor, is there?" I scratched my head. "No, but-"

"I said, there's nothing wrong with hanging out with my tutor, is there?" How dare she, she's trying to force her words onto me. "Fine," I said simply. We went to our usual table and she followed. We went to line up for food and she followed. We went back to our table and she followed. We sat down and she sat down. Okay, this is making me uncomfortable, I thought. 

Mi Jin cleared . "So, hi, uh. . .Sungyeol, Sungjong and Myungsoo. Nice to meet you." She held out her hand. We all took turns shaking our hands. I could tell Sungjong and Myungsoo were uncomfortable as well. "Hi, M-Mi Jin," Sungjong said, his voice shaking. Is he scared or something?

We started eating our food. "Now that that's done over with, I will tell you my intentions of being here." Mi Jin wiped . She cleared once again. "I am here simply because I want to be friends with you." She smiled. "Ah, I see." Sungjong's tensed shoulder loosened up. "You should have said it sooner." He went back to eating. Oh, Sungjong you are so naive.

Kang Mi Jin, you may have fooled my friends but you're not fooling me.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, naemiyoung here :3 I'm sorry for the short chapter :( I will be back again tonight for my second update. Look forward to it ^^