Reputation

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

The dismissal bell for the school day finally rang and I gave Sungyeol an apologetic wave as a my way of my way of bidding goodbye. I truly felt sorry for quickly dismissing our tutoring sessions, but he only rolled his eyes at me and shooed me away. By the time I got to the school gates, Kris was already waiting for me, his foot tapping impatiently. 

"Hey, babe what took you so long?" He said with a wide grin but with gritted teeth. The contradiction was highly disturbing but I merely chose to ignore it.

"I was in class, baby please don't be mad at me." I said, feigning sad puppy eyes. 

"Whatever, let's go," he said, holding out his hand. I quickly took it and off we went on our pretend date. 

We kept holding hands and acting like a lovesick couple until we were a fair distance from the school, after which we abruptly let go of each other's hands. He was probably disgusted with my irrationally clammy hands. Truth be told, I was intensely nervous for some reason. Kris may be wildly handsome, but the vibe he gives off is weird mix between harmless and almost animalistic. I don't know why but I just feel so uncomfortable around this dude. 

"So am I just dropping you off at your place or what?" Kris suddenly asked. 

"No way, I'm not paying you a decently large sum of money just for you to walk me back home, assshole. Let's go to a cafe or something and take pictures of our pretend date, so that this fake relationship is at least convincing." 

With that he merely chuckled and immediately grabbed my hand, leading me to the popular cafe that everyone from school always goes to after school. Upon entering the cafe, I hear gasps from the girls from school as they looked at us both up and down, almost in disbelief. 

"Holy , they're actually a real couple."

"I always knew they would somehow get together, they're both so good looking and popular."

I heard jealous murmurs all around, and that immediately boosted my self-confidence. I could tell Kris was enjoying the attention as well. We're such attention , I thought to myself. 

"Sweetie, can you please get me caramel macchiato," I looked at Kris with my puppy eyes. He looked a bit annoyed but agreed anyway, saying "Of course, anything for my honey. You deserve something as sweet as you, my sweetie." I mentally cringed to myself. Caramel macchiato isn't that sweet though

I quickly searched for a spot, and as I was walking around the aisles opened up as the girls from school made a pathway for me. I flipped my hair back and I pulled off my standard walking-as-if-I'm-on-a-runway walk that I always do at school to flaunt. I heard the murmurs again, but I dismissed it. I finally found a seating place for two. Perfect. Kris came right after, clurching a caramel macchiato and a simple Americano in his big hands. 

Right after sitting down, he motioned his finger at me. I leaned forward, and he whispered ever so lightly in my ear, "So when are you gonna pay me my money? This caramel macchiato is an extra cost, by the way." He pulled away and winked. What a jerk! 

"Do you want cash or e-transfer?" I asked, slightly annoyed. "E-transfer, please, my love." He winked once more, and I merely rolled my eyes at him 

Kris and I then proceeded to take pictures of together, with our coffees in hand, and posted them online immediately. We took our time finishing our drinks, while making small talk about nothing in particular. He made a joke which I can't seem to remember even though it was actually funny, and we both burst out laughing. Over that simple coffee date, I eventually loosened up around Kris. 

Throughout that whole week, we went on multiple dates around the city. We went to the arcade, watched a movie, strolled around the park, and pretended to shop for cute matching shirts. I almost completely forgot about my tutoring sessions with Sungyeol, which is a good thing, I guess. Not the tutoring part, though, just spending time with Sungyeol in general. I have to admit I still feel slightly heartbroken over Sungyeol's rejection at my confession. But nevertheless, he thought it was a prank and I myself wasn't completely sure of my feelings anyway. It doesn't stop me from feeling dejected though. 

Sungyeol kept texting me pestering me about our study sessions however, and I would almost always dismiss him by saying that I was working on something and I just needed some time for myself. I'm pretty sure he knows about my whole situation with Kris though because I can feel him giving me the judgey eyes in class. During lunch hours, I would sit in Kris' table, and my friends would sit at Sungyeol's table as per usual. I explained everything to my friends, and although Cho Hee is still upset at me, she forgave me and said to not be reckless with whatever situation I was going into. Min Hee, on the other hand,would keep asking for updates. Lina is unbothered as usual and just minds her own business.

On my last date with Kris, he dropped me off at my house for one last time. Just as I was about to go in the gates of my house, he grabbed me right back and gave me a tight hug. "Hey, I actually had a lot of fun with you this week. You're not as y as everyone actually says you are." I was taken aback. "Why don't we seal the deal actually make this into a real relationship?" 

I was tempted. Boy oh boy, I was really tempted, but I'm ultimately not in the right head space for a relationship. Well, not like I've been in the right head space since Chan Ho anyway. Kris probably sensed my wariness and stepped back. "I won't be offended if you don't want to," he said. "Well, if I actually agree then I'm gonna need a refund," I joked. He chuckled. "Alright, I'll see you on Monday then. Dump me in the middle of the cafeteria?" I quickly nodded while slightly laughing. He pulled me in for another hug, and grabbed my with both his hands. I was really surprised and really annoyed, but his grip was quite strong. "Maybe we can just have a physcial relationship next time, if you know what I mean." He finally let go and gave me another one his standard cringey winks. I firmly step back. " you, Kris." And with that I finally stepped inside my house. 

What an .

 

 

The princess soon started dating a handsome prince from a nearby kingdom. However, the blossoming romance ended abruptly just as quickly as it arose. What's in store next for this forlorn princess? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys naemiyoung here! Wow, has it been a long time since I updated LOL. I believe it's been 5 years or so? I can't believe it's taken me this long to write one chapter LMAO. First things first, I have a lot to explain. I started writing this fanfic when I was in grade 9 I believe, even though I've actually been formulating this story since grade 8. I'm in my third year of university now :) Time just flew by so fast. In the time span of 5 years in which I simply forgot about (more like didn't care) about this fanfic, this is what happened: 

-grade 10 I was just really busy with school. I was just taking a bunch of harder classes so I didn't really have time (2013)

-I started to lose interest in Infinite, and kpop in general around grade 11 hence why I didn't care about finishing this fic (2014)

-grade 12 I lost in interest in kpop completely (2015)

-year 1 + 2 of uni I was still listening to kpop here and there, but I was mostly interested in western music (mostly indie bands) (2016-2017)

-and now flash forward to today, in my third year of uni 2018 (almost 2019) I recently took an interest in kpop again, Infinite in particular. Like I dont' really know what happened but out of nowhere I listened to The Chaser by Infinite and I immediately fell in love. I started watching their variety shows, learned that Hoya left :( and just overall started listening to kpop again, mostly Infinite though LOL 

Now, if you happen to be an old reader or a new reader, please completely disregard they way I wrote in previous chapters. I wrote like a cringery koreaboo, but fear not I have learned my errors (I was literally only 14 guys when I started LOL) and I am aware and have learned that I shouldn't just slip in random Korean words because that is CULTURAL APPROPRIATION. I'm 20 now so I have definitely grown, and I am no longer the same 14 year old writer that started this. 

I read through the chapters and have started to enjoy writing again. Please look forwards to more updates! 

And I mean it this time :))))