Thank You!

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

It's been two days since we did the test and just like everyone else, I was curious on what score I got. I tapped my foot impatiently on the car floor. We had just picked up Cho Hee and Lina and we were on our way to Min Hee's house. Mr. Shim said he would post the results today on the board and I couldn't wait to see my score. 

The car stopped in front Min Hee's house and as expected, she was late. Five minutes later, she hopped on to the car. "Took you long enough," I grumbled. "Well, I'm sorry. I woke up late," Min Hee said, eating a granola bar. "You're always late." I rolled my eyes. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," she said in a sarcastic tone. "Whatever." 

It was awfully quiet in the car on the rest of the way to school. Cho Hee and Lina kept glancing at each other and I knew instantly what they were thinking: She's been nervous wreck since the day of the test. What can I say, tests aren't my thing. Well, at least, not anymore. I sighed. How long has it been?, I wondered.

"Mi Jin, we're here," Cho Hee tapped on me the back. "What- oh." I was too consumed in my thoughts that I didn't even notice we were at school already. Adrenaline rush instantly filled my veins. Today's the day. I thanked our driver and got out of the car. As soon as we entered the school gates, everyone's eyes were on us. 

"Look, it's Mi Jin the b*tch and her crew." 

"Mi Jin sunbae has arrived. Quick, hide everyone." 

"Isn't she the one that threw water on that girl a few days ago?" 

Murmurs of all sorts were heard throughout the school entrance. It's always like this everyday so I don't even really care anymore. I'm used to it. It's been like this ever since junior high. I flipped my hair and slowly entered the school doors. "See you guys at lunch." I parted with my friends. I went to my locker and quickly stuffed my things. A few lockers down the row was Kim Myungsoo's, one of Sungyeol's friends, as usual he was quiet. I walked past him. 

When I got inside the classroom, everyone was crowded around the board. Okay, this is it Mi Jin, time to see your score. I was about to walk over to the board when Sungyeol came over to me with a smile. He shook my hands and congratulated me. "Good job, Mi Jin!" Okay, what is going on?

"Move out of my way," I said, pushing past all the people crowding around the board. I quickly scanned the list. Then I saw my name: Kang Mi Jin- 26/50. My heartbeat quickened. I passed. I PASSED! I think this is the first time I passed a test since, well, I don't know but who cares! I have to admit, I didn't think I was going to pass even after three grueling hours of studying. But to be quite honest, I tried to do good. I really did.    

I smiled triumphantly. I owe this all to. . . Sungyeol. That's right, I forgot. I gave myself a mental slap in the face. I tapped Sungyeol. "Hey." He looked up. I smiled at him. "Thanks." He smiled back. 

I think this might be the beginning of something new. 

 

 

It's only been a few days since the princess and the poor man met but already the princess is slowly changing because of him. The princess must be right, this might be beginning of something new. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, naemiyoung here :3 Sorry for yet another short chapter *bows down* I'll try to update again tomorrow but I can't really guarantee anything lol. Good night guys. See you in the next chapter ^^

btw, comments are appreciated. Let me know if you're enjoying the story or there's something you're confused about or anything :D 

Thank you *bows down*