King of Ramen!

The Game

I didn't know who you were until I finally realized that all of it was true. The rumours were true. Yet you kept denying it, why? Why did you hide me from the truth? You were afraid. weren't you. You were afraid just like I was afraid to show you who I was. I wouldn't have hated you one less bit. I still loved you for who you are. You kept pushing people away, you kept pushing me away. I kept thinking you hated me, I'm sorry. I was wrong for whatever I did. We were just two dark knights trying to ride into the light.. But instead, we were stuck on this empty dark road, and somehow our paths intertwined.

 

Jieun's POV

"Shim–Sh–" I attempted to read the Hangul on the billboard above a shop. I hadn't brought my glasses along, so the majority of the characters appeared very fuzzy.

 

"Shim Kyung: King of Ramen!" Chanyeol exclaimed, as he swung his arms wide. He grinned, and I only shook my head. Ramen. He thought he would bring me to eat ramen? Just ramen? Not even Kogi. Ramen is only 10, 000 won. I looked around to find a number of Ajusshis, and Ajummas hobbling around. Some little kids running up and down the street, playing with toys that lit the roads. I knew we had gotten off the subway at Hongdae, but we took a long bus drive to a smaller area in Hongdae. There were no students seen around, nor many noraebangs with typical high-schoolers.

 

"Come on!" He wrapped his arm around my stiff shoulders, and pushed me inside.

 

"Ahh Chanyeol-sshi!" I noticed a boy who's eyes were very similar to Chanyeol's. They were just as round, and you could see the whites around his pupil. The only difference, was their height, weight.. and pretty much everything else was different. He was a lot more chubbier than Chanyeol, and he was more or less closer to my height.

 

"D.O'ssi! For two please!" I giggled slightly as Chanyeol said the boy's name in his rough English accent. He kicked my foot, trying to shut me up. 'D.O' the boy was named, peered at Chanyeol with suspicious eyes. Before leading us to a table.

 

"Here you go, choose anything you like!" Chanyeol said, as he showed me the menu and the arrays of dishes they had. D.O. was still standing in front of our table, while the other waitress hovered around to get others seated.

 

"D.O-ssi! I need your help." D.O. disregarded the female waitress, struggling to maintain the traffic flow within the restaurant.

 

"Are you going to–"

 

"This is Jieun. This is D.O." Chanyeol said without any last though, as he continued to flip through the menu. Once again the waitress continued to yelp for help.

 

"Araso! Araso!!"

 

"Shouldn't you go work–" Chanyeol looked at D.O, who was too busy staring at me. What the hell is wrong with boys? Why do they always stare at girls like this? It's extremely awkward.

 

"Araso! Araso! I will be back.." D.O. left, and Chanyeol could only let out a large sigh.

 

"Sorry, that's just.. D.O. He's weird.." Once again I lightly giggled, as he said 'D.O'.

 

"Why do you keep laughing? Is there seriously a bug on my face? Or am I that ugly–"

 

"You're just that ugly.." I grinned, as I closed the menu.

 

"Ouch," he laughed, and I noticed him scrunch up his nose. How cute, "what are you ordering?"

 

"Hmm.. The Shio ramen." Chanyeol nodded, and got the female waitress to ring up our order.

 

"So tell me about yourself Jieun.. I only know your name, and the fact you think I can't speak English. And you think I'm ugly."

 

"Well.. that's all a fact," And a partial lie. You aren't all that ugly, "Umm. Well I go to Kwangsan Academy–"

 

"Oh? With Kris? Wait, so you must know Kris well?"

 

"I don't. I'm only acquainted with him, it wasn't until today that I had actually talked to Kris." Besides, I don't talk to many people. I'm only 'acquainted' with the majority of the students. Even then, every day at school. It seemed like I was walking around with a bunch of strangers, all of them had many of the same thoughts. Many admired me, but some felt deep pain and sorrow for me, "Umm. I'm on the student council committee. That's how I know Kris, since he's the basketball captain."

 

"Ahh~ Chinchae?" Chanyeol took a sip of the cup of tea, that D.O had brought out to us, when we were seated at our table.

 

"You're turn," I said with a grin, "I only know your name. You play the drums very well, and the fact that you can't speak English well."

 

Chanyeol gloated over the fact I complimented his skills in drumming, "I go to Mapo-gu Science Highschool. I'm am in the same year as Kris and you–"

 

"Wait you go to Mapo-gu?!?" I felt like this rush of wind pass over my head. This dorky kid, who can barely speak English, goes to Mapo-gu? I was contemplating over the name, as it was one of the top names of the schools I was hoping to transfer to.

 

"Why, what's so wrong with that? Is it my poor English that astounds you?" I shook my head, to be honest.. Everything about yourself  astounds me bit by bit.

 

"Here is the Shio Ramen, and the King-sized Ramen you guys ordered." D.O.-sshi gently placed both bowls onto the table. He darted me another suspicious look and slithered out the words, before walking away, "enjoy.."

 

"I don't know whether or not I should be worried about eating this.." Chanyeol was already busy mowing down on his food, to notice me staring at mine.

 

"If you can't finish I will eat it for you!" And what if D.O poisoned this food! The kid seems like a creep. I don't want to be another victim, nor do I want to start off on the wrong foot. I couldn't help but have my feelings wander off to Kai. What could he be doing with Kris? I noticed Chanyeol looking at me worriedly, and I started to eat. Instantly, I noticed Chanyeol brightened up as I continued to eat very quickly.

 

"This is very good!"

 

"Told you!" Chanyeol was trying to mock me, trying to give payback for how I had handled him in front of Kris.

 

"But wait.. You go to Mapo-gu?"

 

"Yeah. But I hate it there–"

 

"Why! It's one of the top schools for science! Only gifted students go there! No matter how rich you are, you have to have the wits to get into that school." Chanyeol shrugged, and continued to eat. Stuffing his mouth with food. He's trying to avoid the conversation.

 

"I just don't like it.." I could hear him mumble, as he was chewing on bits of ramen. I decided not to ask anymore questions, seeing as Chanyeol's mood had instantly plummeted, "what about your school? Is it.. fun there? I hear Kris says I should go transfer there instead."

 

"I guess, I mean we are one of those 'prestigious' academies. It's not that interesting, but then again, I guess you could say it is. The students are mostly rude though.." Don't transfer here. I don't want you to realize the type of person people truly are. I don't want you to come to realize who I am.. or who I was.

 

"Maybe I should transfer! Besides, it wouldn't sound that bad to hangout with Kris.. and you.." I was shocked by his sudden answer, until I noticed D.O. walking by. I looked around to find the restaurant slowly clearing out. Many had finished their bowls, and I noticed the female waitress taking her time as she cleaned up each table. D.O. grabbed a chair from another table and seated himself onto my left, while Chanyeol was still sitting in front of me, with his head in his bowl.

 

"So Jieun-ssi. How do you know Park Chanyeol?" D.O. rested his face on his hands, staring at me like a little kid.

 

"We just met today.."

 

"Today?" He peered at Chanyeol, who didn't bother making eye contact. Typical boys, always thinking with their stomachs. Chanyeol was now slurping the last bit of the contents in the gigantic bowl, "where? When? Why?"

 

I chuckled awkwardly, god is this kid creepy, "Umm our friend Kris introduced us to one another. Chanyeol was playing a gig, and we just met through Kris really.."

 

"Kris, huh?" D.O.'s face seemed to harden from the name. Chanyeol was now done, and he had placed the bowl on the table.


"AHH~ Hyung! That was jjang! Never do you fail to amaze me!" He was now rubbing his stomach in satisfactory, "stop harassing this girl, eh!"

 

I noticed D.O. crack a smile, and turned to me. "Mianhae, I don't mean to sound rude.."

 

"It's okay, can you please excuse me?" They both looked at me, "I need to go to the washroom."

 

They both finally understood, and D.O. stood up to point to and direct me to the washroom, "just walk straight down, and turn right at the first door."

 

"Kamsamnida." And with that I left the two of them alone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like I promised, an update on Friday! How do you like it-so-far? Hmm we got a bit of a touchy subject for Chanyeol, and how is D.O? What are your feelings on him so-far? Now that the two boys are on their own, what do you think they will talk about? We seem to be digging a bit closer to both Chanyeol and Jieun's personalities, and history.. However, there is still some touchy subjects yet to be revealed ;)! We have yet to see the club Kris and Kai went off too.. so many events to reveal~ I probably will be updating this weekend, so watch out for that~ Thank you again lovely readers ^^!