She's Still Mine

The Game

** WARNING PLEASE LOOK BACK AT THE PROLOGUE BEFORE YOU READ THIS TO GIVE YOU A BETTER UNDERSTANDING ;D THANK YOU!

 

Baekhyun's POV

It's been six months now that we've gotten together. It was here that we had our first couple of dates, not to mention Kai was often trailing along. But with six months we got sick of each other, we didn't talk with one another.. Hell, we are sitting across from one another, we aren't even sitting beside each other like a typical couple. There was no more holding hands, no more hugging, no more kissing.. Just constant yelling. Did I really love you? Or was that game just some sort of lie? We both were just to naïve and immature.. We lusted love, we wanted it.. But we both knew we did not need one another to obtain our goal..

 

"Two strawberry smoothies.. please.." Eunhyee replied to the waitress, whom just quickly dashed away. She flipped open her phone, texting people of the unknown. There was this lifeless actions to what we have done so far. Every day we would come here, and it's the exact same thing. She would avoid speaking with me, and was to 'busy' texting someone else in front of my face.. Am I jealous? I didn't want her attention, I just wanted her to at least tell me the truth.. I wanted it to be her.. I wanted it to be her, where she would always constantly pay attention, she would always be so curious about me.. regardless of how I felt. She was always there..

 

The waitress came by and dropped our orders, this is when her eyes finally flickered away from her phone for a moment before returning back to the bright screen. I miss her.. I miss her laugh, her sweet smile. The way I used to tangle my fingers in her hair, how small she was.. How much she loved to read, like this vast library of my own. She was always available when I needed her.. I want her back, she's still mine.. Not his.

 

"Eunhyee.." I broke the silence, trying to shake the memories out of my head.

 

"Hmm? What is it.." Still to no avail her eyes were glued to her phone.

 

"Eunhyee." I said more loudly, and then she looked up at me. She tilted her head with this innocent look on her face. You betrayed me, and everyone else. You are not as innocent as you say-so.

 

"Did you do it.." I asked quietly, unable to gather the courage that I had mustered, which quickly melted away.

 

"Do what?"

 

"Sabotage.. everything–"

 

"You are accusing me!?" Her eyes widened in shock, and I shook my head burying my face into my hands.

 

"Eunhyee.." I said trying to look at her, but her face turned to a scorn disapproval, "just tell me the truth..why did you do it.."

 

"Why do you keep saying I did it–"

 

"Because I know you did!" I slammed my hand down on to the table, and turned to find a lot of the customers staring at me. Even the waitress behind the counter was staring, now whispering to her worker. Take a deep breathe Baekhyun.. I in as much air, and then let it out in one gasp.

 

"You did it.. But why.." I hissed quietly, "wae.. wae–"

 

"Baekhyun, look at me please..." Her eyes were b with tears.

 

"What are you talking about! Can you not see? I am staring at you.." You stupid fool.

 

"No.. you don't love me.. If you looked at me, you wouldn't see her. You would see me, your eyes would be different.." Please, don't fool me. You didn't love me either, you never did.. I never loved you, it was just this false imagery we produced! "You love her.. You never loved me.."

 

I winced at the pain. She was perfect, she was me and I was her. There was nothing that could have separated us, we were ultimately born to have loved one another. We were exactly identical, twins.. Everything we did, we did together, everything we loved, we shared together. The day I met that small little girl in kindergarten, I watched her blossom into a beautiful young girl. She's still mine…

 

"Can't I say the same for you.." I responded boldly, she gulped and placed her phone back into her pocket.

 

"Baekhyun, you loved her. Why did you even bother with me! Why did you even kiss me that night–"

 

"Because we were all drunk! Kai just wanted to play that stupid spin-the-bottle-game… And it so-happened to fall on the both of us–"

 

"That didn't mean you had to kiss me–"

 

"Might I remind.. You crashed your lips on me! If you hadn't done that Eunhyee, nothing like this would happen. Jieun wouldn't be hurt, and we would all still be friends. You were a complete idiot for kissing me that night! Being drunk is no excuse.. You knew Jieun liked me, and you decide to kiss my anyways." She was completely red, and at this point she was crying. I knew people's eyes had fallen on us, and people were starting to whisper. Good, let them.. I have no way to prevent this from happening, it was bound to happen..

 

"Tell me Baekhyun, do you still love her.. Do you still want her, do you love her so much you can just watch her be happy with someone else!" She was right.. If I let Eunhyee go, I have nowhere to go. Jieun loves someone else. In my eyes. She pushed us all away, and disappeared through the majority of our lives.. Regardless, I knew she was still mine. Jieun is still mine.. we are bounded by blood. Jieun is still mine…

 

"I don't understand why you would sabotage the whole café.. You hurt more than just us. You hurt the whole school–"

 

"Do you know how hard it is for me to watch you? Do you know how hard it is that every time you kiss me, every time you hug me.. You picture her.. I know you want her, I know you just want to her! Don't you? You don't see me, I'm just this useless body that you've been using.. All you wish for is that I am Jieun.. Isn't that right?" I bit my lip, and now she was sobbing. She kept gasping for air, and I watched her walk out on me. She quickly grabbed for her stuff and left the café in a quick snap. I felt this cold empty gust of air rush past me.. I have no one.. Not even Kai, not even Jieun.. Not even Eunhyee.. They all left me..

 

"No, you never even loved me…" I whispered quietly. It's been six months since the incident.. It's been six months since I last saw you smile, and I last saw you cry because of me. In these last six months I watched you hold onto someone else.. I watched you find a new prince charming, your new knight in shining armour.. She was mine..