Flood of Tears

The Game

Jieun's POV

I looked over to find Kai in between sobs, grabbing hold of Kris' hand. Kris' little sister, Mei, had come in and out of the room. She tried to comfort Kai, but he kept pushing everyone who got close to him away. He even got overly protective to who got close to Kris. I had never seen Kai interact like this, especially for Kris.. someone he barely knew. I shrugged, and turned to Chanyeol who was happily playing with the remote, trying to figure out what to watch.

 

"Chanyeol-sshi.."

 

"Yah! There isn't a single thing to watch here.. There's nothing interesting–"

 

"Chanyeol-sshi.." Chanyeol looked over to me, and I couldn't help but feel something eating away at my heart. It hurts to see you like this, "I need some air.."

 

He nodded, and quickly got out of bed, reaching out for his IV pole. I tried to get up, but a wave of nausea hit my head, like a quick blood rush. I almost toppled over, until Chanyeol came around to support me. We walked out, and I turned around to find Kai still sobbing quietly to himself.

 

"Don't worry. Kaja.." Chanyeol whispered, slinging his arm around my waist.

 

---

 

"It was so stuffy in there.." I bit my lip and just nodded. Chanyeol and I, were able to find a peaceful, bench to sit at outside. Why is it that every time I meet someone, I pull them into a deeper mess? This is all my fault, "this isn't your fault, ya'know?"

 

My eyes started to water, and I looked over to find Chanyeol painted with bruises. Each arm had at least a number of cuts, and he had a purple bruise right below his eye. No matter how hurt he physically looked, the boy continued to radiate this never-ending surge of happiness, "but if I hadn't.. met you.. If I just–"

 

"Jieun-sshi.. Please don't blame yourself anymore, it makes me feel bad." Chanyeol pouted, and wrapped his free arm around me. He hugged me tightly. I pushed him away, and he took the sign by giving me space.

 

"I was so close to losing you.." Tears started to run down my face, and I could feel Chanyeol's hand wipe them away, "I was so close.."

 

"Jieun-sshi.. it's okay.. I'm fine. Look at me!" He smiled pointing at his legs, "I can walk! I can talk.. I can still smile! I still have you! Isn't that right?"

 

I tried to smile, but it quickly faded away as more tears continued to pill up and spill. Chanyeol shook his head, and tried to wipe the tears off my face. They continued to fall like an ongoing waterfall.

 

"Jieun-sshi.. it really wasn't your fault.. It was mine–"

 

"Chanyeol-sshi, no it really was my–"

 

"No listen." His voice thundered loudly. I've never heard you raise your voice like that.. I became slightly frightened, until I felt Chanyeol's shoulder slump back after rising. "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to yell so loudly. It's just.. Kris, he's in there because of me. Kai is in there crying because I couldn't protect my own friend.."

 

"But we don't know that! We don't know why Kris is in there–"

 

"We don't.. we don't know that. You're right.." He was trying to hold something back. Whatever it was, I didn't want to hear it. I refuse to hear anymore worse news. I just want everything to be peace and quiet.. My heart started to pump louder, and I felt the urge to hear what Chanyeol wanted to say.. Do I want to keep playing in these games of lies, and secrets? There was no middle ground in this game, I would get hurt, or even worse be in Kris' situation. There was no higher ground, there was no place where you could be happy in this game..

 

"Chanyeol-sshi, you ought to get back. You have an appointment with the doctor to see your physical progress.." He nodded, and was trying to pull me up, as he got up too. I shook my head, and did not budge from the seat.

 

"I want to continue sitting here." He smiled and nodded. He started to walk away, and when he was quiet far away, he waved.

 

"Jieun-sshi! Fighting!!" I smiled, and waved back at him, before he disappeared out of sight. Why did Kris do that? It had only been two days, and nothing was clear. Kai and I had rushed to the hospital to find Kris completely knocked out, and Chanyeol bruised from head to toe. Baekhyun was in the office supposedly for questioning, but no one had contacted Baekhyun so far, and no one was able to ask him anything without getting into deep trouble. Chanyeol had refused to reveal anything to me, afraid to hurt me. Kai hadn't said anything, but he just sat there sobbing all day. The only piece of information I held was that they were all involved in a physical fight.. What is wrong with all these boys.. is it because I am a women they are hiding the truth from me?

 

I heard someone clear their throat, "excuse me, may I speak with you?"

 

"Unnie!" Shocked, I was staring at Eunmi who was dressed in a light pink blouse, with a pair of beige, rolled up pants. I motioned for her to sit, and she bowed politely before sitting down, "what brings you here?"

 

"To visit Kris.. and you… I need to speak with you." Her voice was very hoarse, and much more rough than what you expect a girl's voice to be. When I had met her at Shio Ramen, she sounded like a rough, stern older sister. Someone who was very protective, and took charge of the scene.

 

"About what, Unnie are you in trouble?" She smiled.

 

"No, it's not me. It's about this.." I gulped, trying to push the fear clogged in my throat down. At the back of my brain, there was an itching sense that made me want to know more. Why is it that everyone knows something about this problem but me? Where was I? Why am I this missing link?

 

"A while back. Kris used to attend Mapo-gu, until he came across this problem."

 

"What kind of problem?" I hadn't known Kris attended Mapo-gu.. This had explained why he knew Chanyeol so well. He must know D.O then! The story felt like it was getting heavy, as the happiness of Eunmi's face washed right off. Her face became stern, and completely stone hard.

 

"My brother, D.O. was in love with a girl three years younger, a junior. Su-Hyun. But Su-Hyun, did not like D.O. Nor did I like her when I first met her. She was too clingy, often hanging out with him. It wasn't until one day, an incident happen.. Kris got very drunk supposedly, and there were pictures floating around of him sleeping with Su-Hyun." She stopped talking, what? Kris? Wu Fan, the amazing basketball player at our school? Could the rumour be true, that he really was a player? Did he really get the girl pregnant? The moment I met Kris, the two were exactly the same. Kris and Kai seemed so identically.. like  a mirrored image. However, people always associate trouble with Kai, but he's not even what people truly see.

 

"Kris.. slept with the girl?" Eunmi's expression did not change, and she continued to talk.

 

"No. I believe Su-Hyun set this up to make it look like she did. I don't think Kris would have even touched a single hair on the girl, he didn't seem very interested in her either. D.O. was devastated, when he found out. He never wanted to see Kris' face ever again, and he didn't have to. Suddenly, Kris transferred over to Kwangsan Academy.."

 

"But.. are you saying D.O. had something to do with Kris being in the hospital?" Eunmi turned to me, her expression had changed. I noticed at how tired she looked. With the amount of stress she had of keeping her family restaurant alive, and knowing her brother's friends are in the hospital.

 

"No. I don't think D.O. had anything to do with it. D.O. is at home, and he's completely struck with grief. He hasn't said a word, and he won't move.. I feel like this was just something Kris internally did.. I have no clue who's hand was involved in Kris' problem–"

 

"But why did you tell me this? Why did you come here and tell me this–"

 

"Because I want to protect you. I want you to know that.. even though whether or not, how you feel for Chanyeol.. or even for his friends of that matter. You are getting into something far much more than you could imagine.. The more you are with Chanyeol, the more he's going to try and protect you from this. The more he's going to try and avoid revealing the truth. I know for a fact only Chanyeol, Kris, and potentially the other student who was involved, know what happened." I gulped, and yet I was only returning the same favour, "I wanted to come and ask you the truth.."

 

"The truth.." I whispered..

 

"Do you love Park Chanyeol, or do you love him as a friend.. as a brother.. Not as a lover?"

 

"I–I–" I started to stutter and Eunmi placed her hand on my shoulder.

 

"Whatever the answer is, I don't need to hear it. I came only to ask you, but it is only you who needs to know the answer to that.. Listen to me now, if you take Chanyeol to be your lover. He will be completely faithful to you, but if you leave him.. He will be hurt, however he will continue to be by your side. Whatever is your choice, it is up to you, and no on should persuade you whatsoever."

----

Wahh so it's true! D.O-sshi was friends with Chanyeol & Kris until Su-hyun screwed things up. What do you think should Jieun fall in love with Chanyeol, after all that has happened? Or should she be friends with him? I want to try and finish the fic in these next couple of weeks, but with AFF always going offline for me, and my house being re-done. I barely had any time to get on the computer, so hopefully I will update more! Thanks again~