No More Lies... Just The Truth

The Game

I didn't want you to become close with me. No matter what my feelings were for you. I didn't want you to come close to me. I didn't want you to know who I was, or who I am. You kept getting closer, and I had no control over you. I didn't want you to fall in love with me. I hate how stupid you were for falling in love with me. I hate how crazy I was over you.. I didn't want you to get hurt.. Why were you so stupid? Why was I so stupid to have let you fallen in love with me.. Why was I so stupid to have loved you?

 

Kai's POV

"Yah! Where are you taking me?" Kris shook his head as we took a bus towards a certain destination. Where was he taking me? Usually when we are going uptown, it was code for going to Myeongdong. But we were already in Myeongdong, so why would we have to jump on the bus?

 

Kris' arm was around my neck, and he leaned over, "you're so demanding. Don't worry. If you're sleepy, fall asleep on my shoulder."

 

I looked at my watch slung on my wrist, it flashed 10:08 P.M. I watched as the lights on the streets flickered in the distance. I noticed that the bus was now travelling on the road, following the Han River. I felt the bus slowly come to a halt, and I could feel Kris stir around  in his seat. I looked over and noticed he was preparing to get up. He nodded, and motioned for me to follow him off the bus.

 

"Cheonggyecheon?" I looked around, there were still some people around. The small lights danced across the water, creating patterns of light blue specs. Some children were running across the steps and stones. I turned to see Kris already making his way down the stairs, and I quickly darted after him. We were able to find a seat near the edge of the water.

 

"Why did you want to go hear?" I heard a deep sigh from Kris.

 

"I wanted to show you this place. I come here a lot, when I need to think. Especially after basketball practice, I will come here and then go home.." I noticed a large group of high schoolers. They were talking, until suddenly a girl and boy broke off. Both holding hands, and continued walking down the stream.

 

"It's relaxing coming here.. It makes me more comfortable then home.." I looked at him, and I could see his eyes glisten. Even though it was a simple park, to him it meant so much more than that. For some reason, this park seemed to deeply inflict him. But I couldn't understand how. I could only sense the feeling of how great this river impacted him.

 

"I wonder how.. Chanyeol and Jieun are doing." I noticed Kris' face harden, and his hand clench into a fist.

 

"Is everything okay?" I asked worried, it was like a sudden snap of movement. Suddenly Kris was harmonious and calm, the next he seemed to look furious once I mentioned the two names. He let out a deep sigh, and his hand opened up. I took my hand and entwined it with his. He was stunned, as I could feel his eyes dart onto me, and then off. I wasn't paying attention to him, instead I looking at the teenage couple who were still walking hand-in-hand.

 

"I don't understand.." Kris mumbled lightly, as I continued to hold his hand. I wanted to hold his hand to know that everything would be okay. reassuring him.. But reassuring him of what? Of me? I felt this tense emotion within the air that Kris had emitted, and I wanted to make him feel more clam and relaxed. "Do you like Jieun?"

 

He's jealous. He believes I love Jieun. "She's like an older sister.. And I an older brother to her, regardless of age. I've always been there to protect her."

 

I didn't know how to respond. Do I love Jieun? Are my feelings for her more then I had expected? No.. They can't be. It was never like that. We were all just friends, until it all suddenly happened that day. Until suddenly, we all split apart. It was all because of me she lost everything precious to her.. I looked at Kris who seemed deep in thought.

 

"So you don't like her.."

 

"No.. She's just a close friend." Why was he asking me this? Why did he want to know so bad? Does he love her?            

 

"You seem to worry over her a lot.." My mind instantly darted to the rumours kids were spreading around at the academy. Kris must have been bound to have come across this rumour. No wonder he didn't react when he saw Jieun.. He must have known all along. He must have heard all the lies, and terrible truths everyone heard. But shouldn't he be feeling bad for her? Why did he have a sudden hatred against her?

 

"She's been through a lot these past months, it's because of me she doesn't have as many friends.. What about Chanyeol?" I felt Kris release his grip on my hand, and slip it into his pocket. It wasn't a partially true, nor half a lie. Just more so.. avoiding the full answer.

 

"What about Chanyeol?" He asked hoarsely. It seemed just as much as a touchy-subject as Jieun. Can I trust him? Can I really trust Chanyeol-sshi with Jieun?

 

"Well, I didn't get to know much about him–"

 

"There's nothing much to talk about." Kris said with a quick snap, and got up. Stretching, as though he was prepared to leave. He yawned a bit, and was about to walk off before I got up and grabbed his arm.

 

"Kris.." He looked at me, and was trying to pull his hand out from my tight grip.

 

"Why are you being like this?" Kris stopped and looked at me. He looked at me with innocent eyes, unable to keep eye contact with me for very long. He looked away.

 

"I'm fine–"

 

"No.. You aren't. You keep asking me questions about Jieun, and you aren't talking at all today.." Are you afraid of me to see who you truly are?

 

Kris looked at me with bits of defeat, "I just.. After transferring here from China, it's hard."

 

I let go, as Kris walked back and sat down. I took a seat beside him, as I watched him bury his face within his hands.

 

"It's hard for me to make friends. I've only had Chanyeol, and some other friends. Just.. to be with you.. It's different, do you know what I mean?" Is that why we always hide ourselves at school? So no one can see that we are friends.. Whenever I'm with you, it's different. It's not like Byun Baekhyun who is burying his face in his girlfriend's hair. It's not like Jieun, who makes me feel guilty for all I've done. You don't know who I am, and I don't know who you are. We get to have a fresh-start relationship..

 

"I mean, it's just.. I'm so comfortable with you, unlike other people. I can be me." I kept nodding along, unable to say anything.

 

"Kris.." I managed to croak. Why was there this large lump in my throat? Why is it I feel so weird? Why is it I feel like I want to cry? I feel like a fool, for wanting to cry in front of him for no reason, "we are friends.. But I want to know, if we can be more truthful about one another–"

 

"We can't hide any more lies, okay?" Kris managed to finish off my sentence.

 

"Of course.. We'll be good friends, only the truth will be spoken between us.." I saw Kris break off into a smile, and I couldn't help but catch on too.
--------------------------------------
There you have it Kai and Kris' chapter. Now you get a good insight of Kai's feeling towards Jieun. We still have some touchy subjects such as Kai and Chanyeol, but hopefully with this whole new oath they've both taken with each other.. We get the truth, and no more lies. Once again I would like to thank everyone for reading and subscribing. It means quite a lot! I also have another story called 'Syringe', it's a lot more 'angsty'? And it's very science-fiction based, check it out if you wish to read more about it. Anywho, I hope you'll be excitied for Friday's update, because it's going to be very interesting! :3