Mei Wu (Part I)

The Game

It was a sticky hot mess. I just wanted to help you and him. I knew you wanted to save me, I knew everyone did. But it was too late. It was only I who could resolve the issue now. I'm a big girl now. I'm not that little baby anymore, you can't just keep holding me back. I know I'm going to get hurt, I'm know I'm going to break into pieces.. But you will be there, right? You will be there to glue me back together, right? Don't leave me.. Please, not this early. He loves you so much, don't leave me.. Don't leave him.. He's here to save you, like an angel called from heaven. He's here to save you.. Stay just a little longer, okay?

 

Kai's POV

It's been days now since I've last seen Kris. He kissed me, and I was to stunned to have done anything. I knew he was drunk, but could he have been so drunk to notice he kissed a guy? I walked out on him after that. I let him sit there in the cold, unable to turn back. I knew it was a bad move, but I couldn't face him again. He kissed me. A boy kissed me.. Might I remind myself, that I am a boy as well! Was I gay? I don't ever recall saying that, but was Kris gay?

 

"Kai!" I heard his familiar voice as I started my way down the hallway.

 

"Kai!" I heard it again, the footsteps getting louder as he gained more distance. Damn my short legs to his. I was pulled back to find him staring at me with his eyes on fire. He was fuming, not just from running to catch up, but he seemed so angry as he stared at me ,"Kai, let's talk.."

 

"I don't want to talk to you.." I responded bitterly. I didn't know what else to say to him. I knew the right thing was to sit down and talk it out with him, but who ever does the right thing? Is he really expecting me to erase this from my memory, or to 'start over' again?

 

"Kai please.." He pleaded but I shook of his hand.

 

"Leave me alone.. I don't want to ever see your face ever again.." I turned away from him and continued walking to class… And just like that I disappeared out of Kris' life again..

 

---

 

There was so much to him that I didn't know.. He told me about his father, his sister.. And what did I have to tell him? Nothing.. I didn't tell him about my life, I didn't tell him I was an only child. I didn't tell him that I was involved with Baekhyun, Jieun, and Eunhyee and their relationship. For God's sake I told the child nothing.. And I would like to leave it like that.. But there was this dark urge, tugging at my heart. I need to help him.. He needs me..

 

"No he doesn't.. He's fine.." I whispered lightly.

 

"Is something wrong?" I looked up to find Baekhyun smiling at me, taking his seat.

 

"Nothing.. just tired.." I said brushing off Kris' off my mind.

 

When class started to commence, my mind continually itched for Kris. I wanted every little part of him. I wanted to wrap myself around his warm, tall, finely-built structure. I wanted to hear his deep, warm whispers against my ear. Those lips… I thin pink lips, that crashed against mine. They tasted like alcohol, but they also lingered this feeling of sweetness. I need him.. I lust for him..

 

"Hey do you want to come to the party tonight, it's at 9:00 P.M. It's going to be at Jinwoo's house–"

 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun.. I have to go.." I rushed out of class, gathering my stuff. I need him.. and he needs me.. I'm coming to save you Kris, please.. Wait just a bit more.

 

---

 

I leaned against the brick wall, as the gates open. Adolescent girls rushed out of the gates, heading for home. Many stared and whispered at me. The smell of raging hormones washed about in the air. I could feel their need and want to get closer to me. Some tried to take photos of me.. I wasn't trying to act smug, I was just busy looking for someone else in the crowd. She has to be here somewhere. I remember.. She wore the exact same uniform that day.. She has to be here..

 

"Jisook!" A tall girl's head popped up from a crowd of girls to stare at me.

 

"Kai-sshi! Why are you here? Where's Unnie?" I shook my head, how do I tell her this.

 

"I'm not here with Jieun.. I'm looking for someone.." Her eyes peered at me. She's so much like Jieun, it's ridiculous. I looked to find her shaking her head, confused whether or not to help.

 

"Who is it?" She quickly made up her mind, and I smiled.

 

"Her name is Mei–"

 

"Mei Wu?" I nodded and she bit her lip. She must know Mei. She shook her head again, and put her hand on my shoulder. I noticed her friends were far away waiting for her.

 

"I'm not going to ask.. But she's still probably by the bike racks." I smiled and held her hand, gently squeezing it. I was about to go until she grabbed for my shirt, "whatever it is.. Please, just don't get into more trouble than you already are in.."

 

"Don't worry. I'm not dragging Jieun into this either.." She nodded, and I waved goodbye as she made her way towards her friends. I darted my way towards the bike racks, and was able to make out the familiar figure. A tall, lean girl bending down trying to unlock and grab for her bike. When she looked up, her wavy hair bounced against her body.

 

"Mei Wu?"

---

Pretty short update, but the next chapter will be up in a couple of hours. Originally Ch. 17 was really long, so I had to split it up. Part 2 will be up very shortly, and I will also place a summary statement in the next chapter. Toodaloo~