You-aholic

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Terrific. Yoona pulled a face and mumbled at the girl who looked goofy in front of her. Goo Hara stared around confused. Then she brought back her gaze to Yoona and her looks became innocent as she encountered the captain showed her fierce look as if she wanted to eat her right away. Goo Hara snorted as she started realize the other cheerleader girls were beaming at them. The music was still going on but the cheering has stopped.

 

   “Well, what do you expect if you try to run on points in those shoes?” Yoona sighed as she held out a hand to haul her up. Nana approached the Im captain who looked different nowadays. She tried to stop the doe eye girl to go off beyond the limit.

   “Yoona…” Nana’s voice softened as she held Yoona’s arm. Goo Hara looked pale as sweats started to form on her forehead. Yoona’s glare was really terrifying her. She could’ve to run around the track once again for the third time perhaps.

  “Yoon-Yoona sunbae…” Hara’s voice trailed off. She tried to speak again but she seemed can’t find the words as the cold glare continued glaring at her.

  “This is the third time I’ve caught you doing the same mistake, Hara-ssi.”

Yoona her own lips, with her arms crossing and being cold-hearted. Hara tilted her head down, bowing for an apology from the senior.

  “How can you repeat the same mistake? You’re not new to this kind of thing. Why things are seem so difficult to you?”

Hara took a step back in shock. Yoona’s voice was so loud, so thunderous, that she couldn’t and each of them believed. Hara couldn’t concentrate on what she had said, only the tone in which she’d said it. Yoona had become a whole different person.

   Everyone was looking at their direction. Kaeun and Lizzy jumped off from the bench after they’ve done their warming up. Nana gave the girls signal to stop for a while. They backed off a bit and only watching what was going on. Tears escaped from the corner of her eyes and Hara finally cried. Yoona scoffed as she felt heated with her seething eyes.

  “Jaebal…Don’t cry in front of me. I hate it!”

  “Mi-mianhae, Yoona sunbae…I...”

  “Run now! Run around this track until you have your determination back.”

She wiped the tears off her face before leaned back. She nodded slowly as she turned her back around, leaving the captain and started to run.

   “Aigoo…that’s too harsh.” Kaeun whispered to Lizzy who stood frozen next to her.

   “What’s wrong with Yoona unnie? I’ve never seen her like this.” Lizzy said, shrugging down her shoulders. Kaeun shook her head.

   “Teen angst?” She blurted out.

 

   “Hey…why she has to run again? This is the third time, Yoong. I’m scared if she can’t make it this time. Plus, she’s a thin girl.”

Nana talked to the captain. Yoona sighed, as she walked towards the other girls, totally ignoring Nana who tailed her from behind.

   “Girls, we start again!” She called out, clapping her hands and all the girls immediately putting themselves into their own lines.

  “Start from the very beginning. I want no mistake, not even one or half. Arraso? I want to hear the English chant!”

Her voice echoed throughout the basketball track and she turned her look again to Goo Hara who was still running around the track.

 

“Aha…we’re Soshified!

Excuse me, miss and Mr now spell it right

S to the O to the S, we fly high

H to the I F I E D

We get ya’ SOSHIFIED!”

 

    “Louder please!”

    “And watch your steps too!”

 

We bring em’ out (Go girls!)

Knock em’ out (Go girls!)

We Soshi girls gon’ make em’ cry

 

   “AGAIN…!”

  “Repeat the first verse. I can’t hear you!”

 

“Aha…we’re Soshified!

Excuse me, miss and mr now spell it right

S to the O to the S, we fly high

H to the I F I E D

We get ya’ SOSHIFIED!”

 

 

It had been a worst week ever. Yoona unnie is always coming around with her moody face. I don’t think it’s because of the period, but, maybe. I’m not talking to her often but I wanted to. What breaks my heart is, she seems to avoiding herself from me. Hyomin unnie shouldn’t have and it’s not that I don’t like it, but I feel sorry for her every time I see that sad and angry face of her. She seems quiet nowadays and I’ve been caught her spacing out these few days. Every one of us is concern about her because we love her as a captain of Soshified cheerleader. – Ham Eunjung-

(isn't she cute?? XD)

 

   “Nana-yaa…can you watch the girls for me? I want to take a rest.”

Yoona said as she placed her right arm on Nana’s shoulder, looking bitterly at the vice-captain. Nana stared back in stunned silent. She steadied herself on Nana’s shoulder and put the back of her hand to her forehead in a mock swoon.

   “Aishh…” The vice-captain snarled. “Yeah…you should have a long rest though; it’s scary to see you being terrible like this.”

   “Aniyah…I just want to be alone, Nana. I just want to…”

   “Wae, Yoongie? It seems like you have something in your mind. Are you really okay?”

Yoona stared down on her own feet whilst the girl beside her squeezed her shoulder, soothing her friend at her very best. Nana smiled.

   “Dae, Yoongie. Kayo…you should take a rest. Let me handle the girls.”

Yoona nodded slowly and she walked towards the changing room. Nana sighed heavily as she threw her pity look towards the friend. Then she stepped outside the basketball court and she stood at the edge of court, waiting for Goo Hara. The thin girl looked really pale and it was surprise to Nana when the girl was still running around the track and she’d forgot how many round Hara has made.

Nana grabbed her arm when Hara was passing her. Goo Hara was startled and she stopped running, looking tiredly to Nana. Nana dragged the girl close to her.

   “Stop running. You’ve done at your very best.”

Nana said. Hara was gasping hard for air and her face ashen, sweats streaming down on her forehead. Then she fell into the court with her wrist still on Nana’s grab.

   “Neo gwenchanayo?”

“Yah…Goo Hara?”

The pity girl lifted another hand, signalling she was still okay but she seemed really short of breath. Nana knelt down facing her, lifting up her chin and staring into her eyes expressing her sympathy.

   “Wh-where’s Yoona sunbae?”

  “She’s taking rest inside the changing room. Waeyo?”

  “I want to see her and I want to tell everything…”

  “Anio, Hara. I don’t think right now is the right time. She’s still struggling with her own feelings. When she’s okay, you may see her.”

   “But…Nana unnie…I…”

Goo Hara whimpered and she struggled not to cry. Nana shook her head, patting the girl gently on her back. Hara looked away as her face turned red and her lip was quivering. Her eyes eventually became overly-bright and her chin trembled. Her face contorted into a terribly beautiful, yet heart-breaking expression as her eyes welled with tears.

   “Hara-yaa…gwenchana. Yoona unnie wasn’t really angry with you. She was just need time for herself and you know how stressful she was right since she’s the captain, perhaps Miss Park Bom always giving her hard times.”

   “But I still can join the cheerleader team right?”

Nana chuckled. Hara leaned closer and Nana pulled her into her embrace, soothing the girl who was crying like a little baby.

  “Who says you’re disqualified from the team, huh? You’re still the part of Soshified Hara-yaa…”

  Hara has gotten hiccups. Her sob went along with the hiccups.

  “Jin-jinjayo?”

  “Dae. Now stop crying and wipe your tears. Aigoo…look at your face.”

Nana chuckled and she fixed Hara’s fallen bang on her wet forehead. Hara flashed a smile when Nana offered her hand to her.

   “Come with me. And you should take a rest.” Nana grasped the little hand in hers. Goo Hara was smiling to her cutely, which anyone couldn’t possibly resist.

  “Dae, unnie!” Hara answered her cheerfully. Both of them walked together towards the bench.

 

...

 

 

Yoona was sitting alone down on the floor inside the changing room. She pulled up her knees, resting her chin on it and her both arms wrapping around her legs tightly.

 

   “Yoona...I’m sorry I can’t make it because I already have an appointment with someone else.”

   “Jinja? I thought I want to bring you out for dinner. It has been a while, Yul.”

  “Mianhae, Yoongie. I don’t have time tonight.”

  “Yul...I...”

“It’s okay, Yoong. We can make it another time. I need to hang up. Bye!”

 

    “Why she lied to me?”

Yoona’s eyes welled with tears. She couldn’t hold back her tears anymore and she cried alone.

   “I saw them at GG Restaurant but why Yuri didn’t tell me that she was actually going out with Tiffany?”

   “Is she hiding something from me?”

   “Why can’t she tell me she was only going out with her step sister?”

 

Great drops fell from her eyes; the heavy rainclouds in her mind let loose their turbulent nature. The blank, emotionless expression swept over her face as the realization of the moment gradually seeped in. The fear and sadness seemed to rise behind her eyes. Like a caged animal, she still sat there. Paralyzed by the tragic feeling of isolation, she closed her eyes and gazed into fields of nothingness. She felt the water creep out of her eyes, and she gently whispered to herself, “I will die.”

The crying girl was so into her own thoughts that she failed to hear the soft padding of footsteps approach her from her right side. Ham Eunjung reached out her hand to touch her. She was in the same time, feeling afraid if she would startle the captain. She had the white handkerchief in her hand. She leaned slowly and patted Yoona’s shoulder gently.

When Yoona felt someone was patting her, she quickly had her eyes peeked through her folded arms and she saw someone was giving her a white handkerchief. She lifted her head up slowly and Eunjung showed her delighted smile. Yoona stared at her back in puzzle but Eunjung knew she was really surprise.

   “I hope Yoona unnie won’t reject me this time...jaebal...” –Eunjung-

   “Yo-you?”

Her lips trembled. Yoona quickly dragged her right hand towards her teary eyes and she wiped the stains with her shirt. Eunjung leaned closer and she gave the handkerchief to Yoona but the doe eye girl seemed refuse.

   “Take this unnie. It’s okay. You can’t wipe your tears with it. Your eyes...are swelling.”

Eunjung knew that she was risking herself but she was being sincere with the leader. But Yoona smiled to her back which making her heart suddenly fluttering. She smiled nervously as Yoona took the handkerchief from her hand. Eunjung smiled again showing some relief on her expression.

  “I’ve no idea why every time if I need that person, she would come around. Ham Eunjung, who are you?” –Yoona-

  “Thank you, Eunjung-sshi.”

 “You’re welcome, unnie.”

There was a silent between them. Eunjung tried to talk since the situation became more awkward. Yoona was only sat frozen on her position, once again into her own thoughts.

   “Yoona unnie?”

Yoona lifted up her head to face her.

  “Dae?”

 “Are you okay?”

 “Dae...I’m...I’m okay...Eunjung-sshi.”

Eunjung curved her lips and turned them into a sweet smile. The fact was she was damn nervous as her crush was totally in front of her, talking with her and surprisingly to the innocent latter, Yoona took the handkerchief that was given to her.

    “Erm...I think Yoona unnie wants to be alone. I...should get going then.”

Eunjung bowed down and she slowly stood up. She turned around and walked away.

   “Eun-Eunjung-sshi!”

The junior cheerleader was taken aback when she heard the flattened voice. She turned around again and the doe eye girl stood up. She walked to Eunjung who seemed frozen at her own disbelief.

   “Thank you.” Yoona said with a warm smile. Eunjung nodded happily.

   “Unnie-ah...” Eunjung gulped down, clearing down as she felt her stomach was growling. She ran her thumb on Yoona’s cheek bud which turned red instantly.

  “Please smile unnie. Don’t look frown. I’m not a fighter. I usually smile and then go into my room and cry my eyes out...”

  “You haven’t lost your smile at all, it’s right under your nose. You just forgot it was there.”

Eunjung giggled. Yoona gazed down, hiding her blushing face away from the younger girl.

   “Oh? You’re smiling unnie?”

Eunjung clasped her hands and Yoona chuckled. Then both of them giggled together.

   “Tch! I can’t believe she made me smile.” – Yoona-

   “When I see her smile, the feeling is more than amazing. It’s different from what I’ve thought. Actually, I’ve missed her smile, her cheerful looks and her exciting voice. It gets me alive when I’m about to die. I guess I’m falling for her...though I know she won’t feel the same. It’s worth trying than not trying at all...” –Eunjung-

  “Yuri-ah...you’re the one that I need. You’re the one that I hope for. You’re the one that I’m longing for.”

  “Why are you doing this to me?”

 

 

...

San Francisco, California, USA

 

The blonde girl stared at the ceiling, wondering what to do next. She then stared on her pink luggage which she’d dragged close to the edge of her bed a while ago. She smiled while pampering her tired body by lying down on the comfortable bed.

   “I just can’t wait to be there...”

   “A week left...”

She mumbled to herself. Her smile got wider when she saw a picture of her and Yuri which was taken three years ago inside her phone. She kept the pictures in a secret folder. Jessica took a look at the pictures one by one.

  “Kwon Yuri, do you know how much I’ve missed you? I miss you every day, every minute, every hour, every second...”

  “I really miss you seobang. I’ve missed to call you my seobang.”

  “I miss everything about you...”

 

 "I...I love you, Sica."

 

 Jessica started to reminiscing back all the moments she had together with Yuri. It was the day when both of them secretly escaped themselves from the hustle bustle of city life. Sowon Beach had witnessed everything when the two sixteen years old girls spent their times together.

 

“When I turned around, she was already sleeping. I thought I can put myself to sleep because it has been a tiring day for us. I really like this place. I saw her right hand was on my waist while her leg wrapping mine, I slowly tossed around, facing her amazing face and the irresistible lips of hers. I stared every inch of her face, caressing her jaw line and I thought nothing else except hearing my own rapid but silent breath.

“Seobang...” I called her in a low voice. Her soft snores responding me and I gazed at her as she slept. Her hair fell across her face I brushed it off to reveal her sharp, beautiful face. She looked kinder in her sleep. Almost like a child, and I had to wonder if she wasn’t all ‘bad’, if somewhere inside of her there was a soft place where I could stay. Will she betray me?

Okay. I must stop this thinking of the future, back to the present time, back to her flawlessness. Her breathing pattern was unsteady, and deep, yet relaxing and somewhat fascinating. The only movement in the room was her body slowly going upwards, then back down again as she took deep breaths in and out. The soft breathing making the world seemed to stand still.

I removed her hand slowly and putting the pillow in her embrace. As I left the bed, I inspected every inch of her body, taking in all her beauty, she was so different, and it amazed me.

As I walked alone around the beach, I was thinking back of the things that I’d thought earlier. Among many girls, why she’d fallen for me? Well, she is gorgeous and she’s everyone’s dream girl, rich and famous, bad girl too. Then I heard a voice was calling my name and I knew it was her, looking for me. I took the chance to give her a little dirty prank as I hide myself behind the wall. I took a small step forward, approaching the tanned girl and I hugged her waist, giggling as I hide my face when she wanted to turn around. I pressed my body against hers and placing my chin on her shoulder, whispering something to her ear and she was frozen, her neck stiffening as my hands wandered around her abs.

 

“Yuri, don’t worry. I’ll always be with you. Just wait for me. I promise.”

 

That moment when I told her, I was uncertain of my own feelings. But she made me fall for her even more though I didn’t know if I should.

 

Jessica lifted up the bed sheet and she pulled a blue box, dragging it onto her lap. She casted away the dust on the surface and carefully untying the red ribbon. She took something out from the box and it appeared to be a basketball jersey. That red black jersey belonged to Yuri.

Kwon Y. Number 5.

 

“Seobang, are you sure you want to quit from the basketball team?” She just nodded, and then dragging my hand so I can stand close to her.

“Dae, Sica-yah...It’s your request since you don’t want me to be taken away right?” She was laughing and playfully brushing at the back of my hair. I smiled happily and pecked her lips.

“It’s because...” I planted a kiss back on her lips and I can see the sly smirk on her face.

“...I don’t want you to be with other girls. You are mine, seobang. Kwon Yuri, you are mine.” I told her and she leaned forward to kiss me.

 

When Jessica heard the front door clicking, she immediately kept the jersey back into the box. Park Jiyeon walked inside to their room, with a tired face and the blonde was wondering if her lover ever noticed her presence inside the room. Then their gaze met but Jiyeon looked away, putting her bag on the dressing table and then grabbing her towel.

   “Jiyeon-ah...where was you last night?”

 

                    PARK JIYEON

Jiyeon’s step has stopped once she heard the tense voice of Jessica. Jessica remained sitting on the bed, watching her lover ignoring her. Jiyeon turned around and she tried her best not to meet Jessica’s cold gaze.

   “I need to take shower, Sica-yah...we’ll talk about it later.”

Jiyeon said, simply ignoring the blonde but Jessica quickly grabbing her wrist and Jiyeon was startled.

   “Are you trying to ignore me again?”

Jessica took a step closer and Jiyeon was sighing with annoyance in her expression. Jiyeon started the conversation again, “I’m sorry for what I did. I made a mistake. I messed up. Big time...”

   “But, please, just talk to me so we can try and work this out.” Jessica cut her off. She sighed and continu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter