This Thing Called Love...

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A sunbeam streamed in through the glass, dazzling their momentarily. It was still in the middle of autumn and just coming up to nine o’clock. Yuri and Tiffany were now inside the car and they were about to the leave the place.

    “Cheer up my little muppet…”

Yuri beamed, her eyes glittering brightly as she held Tiffany’s hand. Tiffany tipped her head to the side. But Yuri held her chin and made the girl facing her. Tiffany’s eyes were stained by her tears.

   She nodded. “Okay…my cuddle bunny!”

Yuri shrugged happily and sighed. Tiffany then pulled her into her embrace. The immediate feeling was a deep sense of numbness in the pit of Yuri’s stomach while at the same time a despair for which she had no explanation. Her hand gently rubbing her little muppet’s back. She thought her lover would cry but Tiffany was silent while having Yuri in her embrace. The scent of Tiffany’s hair jabbed her soul.

   “Fany-ah…promise me, no matter what will happen you won’t leave me.”

  “I promise my dearest…it’s because I am yours.”

Both of them pulled away from the hug, staring at one another and smiling. Yuri had been intoxicated by her smiles, her scent and her touch. Yuri’s heart beating against the inside of her chest as if struggling to be closer to her, a hand slipped into her hair, a tender reminder of their bond as she pressed them into a kiss, begging and claiming with , fingertips grazing over Tiffany’s side with absolute fondness.

“At that moment she tilts my jaw towards her and she kisses me. It is amazing, butterflies fly through my stomach and she presses harder, her gentle lips moving with my lips, making an amazing bond.” – Tiffany-

Their lips finally unsealed as their breath grew short. Both were fought for more oxygen and Yuri flashed a smile to the girl who was still had her lips close to hers.

   “Oh god…is this…real?”

Tiffany said in a low voice and yet husky. Yuri’s feeling was kicking inside. She smiled again to convince her that their moment wasn’t likely a dream.

   “You want me to kiss you again to make sure if it’s real?”

Yuri gave out her nasty smirk. Tiffany hung her head low in embarrassment. The weather was cold outside but she was feeling heated. Yuri playfully messing up with her bang and the eye smile girl yanked Yuri’s hand gently.

   “Let’s go to school now. We’re already late.”

 

    “Hold my hand my mushroom.”

Yuri said once they exited the car. Tiffany jogged to get her and they walked in hand by hand together. The situation was safe as no one was there except for the two girls who came late on that morning.

   “Let’s go my baby Yul.”

 

 

   “Kwon Yul…”

That was Park Hyomin who ran into them at the hallway. Yuri released Tiffany’s hand right away.

   “Hyomin-ah…what are you doing here?”

Yuri asked, slightly stammering. Tiffany shoved her both hands into her blazer’s pocket, without even saying a word, she was just smiling.

  “We don’t have class this morning, Yul. All the teachers are going for their annual big meeting. So, today is the happiest day for everyone.”

  “Jinja? That’s so good!”

  “Aigoo…what the…anyway, I should get going now, Yul. Mr. Woobin wanted to see me.”

  Park Hyomin bid them goodbye and both of them started to walk again.

  “Oh…Yuri!” Hyomin returned to Yuri again when they almost parted.

  “Before I forget, Mr. Woobin has a message for you. And he wants to see you within next week. It’s regarding your injury last time, Yul.”

  “Okay. Thank you, Hyomin.”

 “You’re much welcome, Yul. Bye, see you around!”

Yuri’s expression changed. Tiffany eyed her and she grasped her lover’s hand tightly. It was because of her broken right arm; Yuri had to cut down her practice hours. Taekwondo was part of her life and her father would always very proud of her.

   “Hey, chill my Darlington.”

Tiffany said, winking as she snuggled closer to Yuri. Yuri smiled reluctantly and she reached her hand out to pinch Tiffany’s nose and gave a fake smooch.

   “It’s not like I’m surprised, or even disappointed.”

Yuri said, holding his right hand up in defeat. Tiffany then stood on tiptoe, trying to steal a kiss from Yuri. The taller girl jerked away before she was being pulled back. Yuri felt a sudden vibration that came from her blazer’s pocket. By that time, Tiffany successfully planted a kiss on her left cheek. They stopped walking and Yuri immediately took her phone out.

   “Huh?”

   “Wae?”

  “It’s Sooyoung. She said, just come to the cafeteria. They’re lazing around there.”

  “Okay, let’s go there.

 

 

Yoona’s eyes were widened in panic when Yuri showed up. Every eye was looking at her and she prayed hard that they wouldn’t round her. Sooyoung waved her hand to the Heiress president. Yuri felt a huge wave of relief when she saw her friends. And Kim Taeyeon was there too. Taeyeon was looking at their direction and Yuri slowed her pace while having a quick flash back of the night where she and Taeyeon had a fight. Both of them settled down into a seat but parted when Sooyoung dragged Yuri to sit with her, opposite to Taeyeon while Tiffany sat next to Hyoyeon.

   “Aishh…I think they’re up on something.” –Yuri-

Hyoyeon glanced at Yoona and she nudged Sooyoung gently. Sooyoung smiled back impishly. Taeyeon looked away and she sighed heavily. Sunny noticed her face in annoyance and she grabbed the girl on her wrist when Taeyeon wanted to go away.

 “Where do you think you’re going, Tae?”

Sunny’s voice startled her which making Taeyeon slumped her back on the chair when the grip became stronger. Yuri was silent for a moment. Yoona looked at her and then back to Taeyeon. Both of them were trying their best to avoid meeting one another’s gaze. Yuri looked down at the table, trying to hide her face beneath the curtain of her hair. Sooyoung tangled in.

   “Kwon Yuri, Kim Taeyeon…can both of you settle this down? I just don’t want to see you guys hate one another like this. We’re members, good friends and sisters!”

Sooyoung said, frowning. Both of the girls didn’t even bother to look up and they were silent. Sunny groaned and she glared at Taeyeon who sat at her left side.

   “We should’ve just imprisoned these two girls in a room together maybe for a day or two…or weeks. I don’t mind as long as they will forgive one another.”

Hyoyeon chuckled silently. Sooyoung crossed her arms but then she took Yuri’s right hand and stretched it out towards Taeyeon’s direction.

   “Sooyoung-ah…” Yuri hissed. Sunny did the same thing as Sooyoung. Taeyeon snarled, trying to release herself from the sudden grip.

  “Shake hands and apologize. Ppali!”

Both Yuri and Taeyeon were hesitated.

   “Yah…ppali!” Sunny yelled. Hot colour crept up her neck. Hyoyeon noticed Sunny was a little harsh. She grew hot with anger at her patronizing tone. Yuri was unwillingly stretching out her hand as she met Taeyeon’s gaze finally. Both of them staring at one another with their hands finally engaged.

   “Oh gosh…what I’ve done? I can see the bluish bruise on her face and the cut on her lips…thank goodness, the plaster hides everything.” –Taeyeon-

   “I didn’t mean to beat her up. Tae, we’re both look terrible with the small plaster on our faces. Your lips little bit chapped. I hope it does not hurt anymore. –Yuri-

   “Say something to one another, you two!”

 

   “Come on guys…”

 

   “Look, I’m not trying to make both of you feel worse but at least try to make up with one another.” Sunny added quietly, leaning in to both of them, her both hands on their shoulders. Sunny flicked their foreheads without expectation from those two and they groaned in pain. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon smiled to one another. Tiffany met her gaze up with Yuri. She nodded with a smile as if she tried to tell Yuri they should forgive each other.

 

   “Yuri unnie…Taeyeon…please…?”

 

Tiffany pleaded. Both of the girls turned their looks to her. The eye smile girl smiled with a guilty on her face. Taeyeon’s heart sank when she saw the smile. She knew she was being concern.

   “I don’t know if I could forgive Yuri now but when I see the smile, I feel more than just okay. That is why I fall for this girl but I don’t know if she ever feels the same.” –Taeyeon-

  “If it’s not because of Tiffany, I will not forgive this midget easily. Tiffany, you’re such an angel. But I know I was wrong and I was too sensitive. Kim Taeyeon, it’s for the sake of a girl that I love so much, I’m willing to forgive you and for the sake of our friendship too. I hope you can see it.” –Yuri-

   “Tiffany, please do something. I’m sick of waiting for them to speak.”

Hyoyeon said, smirking at the two girls. Sooyoung just nodded.

   “…Unnie…Taeyeon-ah…you guys are good friends. Please forgive each other, huh?” Tiffany was really hoping that the two good friends would really make up once again. She didn’t want to hurt either Yuri or Taeyeon. Again she nodded encouragingly.

 

    “Taeyeon-ah…I’m…so sorry.” Yuri finally spoke. Taeyeon frozen still in her position, with her lips stammering as if she had to say something in return; she knew Yuri so well when she looked into the pair of pearly black eyes, her heart told her to accept the apology. Taeyeon stretched a smile, from the reluctant one to the friendliest smile ever. Yuri’s eyes sparkled and she tightened her hand in Taeyeon’s grasp.

 

   “Yuri, I’m sorry as well. Are we…friends back?”

Yuri chuckled. She kneaded Taeyeon’s forehead for being dorky. The petite girl whined in pain. Meanwhile the other girls burst into laughter.

   “Of course we’re still friends, babo!” Yuri said.

   “This is the first time, the quickest one we ever made up.” Taeyeon said as she rubbed her forehead, grinning at Yuri. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon giggled along.

   “Yeah…I think we should do this often.” Yuri joked as she squeezed her arm fondly. Taeyeon nodded, agreeing with Yuri. Sunny shook her head and she leaned again, twisting Taeyeon and Yuri’s ears.

   “If you guys arguing and beating each other up again, I’ll make sure you two marry one another!”

  Both Yuri and Taeyeon looked at her, shocked. Then they stared at each other sarcastically. The other girls were just laughing. Taeyeon’s face turned red while Yuri staring at Sunny. Taeyeon shook her head and finished the rest of her drink. They wondered whether Sunny and the other girls were either of these things right now, yes indeed, they were-as they thought. It’d brought sudden clarity to their actions and made them realize what a mistake they had made.

  “Guys, for the sake of our friendship…” Yoona said as she raised her orange juice glass. The rest of them were raising their glass as well.

  “Geonbaeeeee…!”

  “Congratulations to Taengoo and Kkabyul for making up!” Sooyoung said happily.

 

Hours passed but all the girls were still lazing around at the cafeteria. They were having random chat with one another which earning attention from other students who passing by their table. They had argued all the way of the conversation especially Sunny and Hyoyeon, no one able to edge ahead. Hyoyeon sank back against the chair rest and closed her eyes. Sunny was giving her too much pain in the .

   “You two should marry each other as well.” Taeyeon said when she had enough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter