The Epitome of Sorrow

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 32: The Epitome of Sorrow

 

Early autumn in 2008

 

[Yuri’s POV]

I head back to my own room after I settled down Tiffany into sleep. My room, the place I would love so much when I feel like I want to be alone, instead of accompanied by other people. When I look out of the window, I see the leaf falls down to the ground. It’s not a particular night ever.

Suddenly, I remember what Sooyoung did to make Seohyun to become her girlfriend. Finally they are able to get together. It was such a wonderful moment when I saw they had their first kiss. Well, Sooyoung deserved her and Seohyun wouldn’t be able to find other people as nice as Sooyoung.

Then, Tiffany suddenly popped into my mind. Now, I’m smiling again while staring at my phone’s wallpaper. I put our picture together without her knowledge. I took all the chances I had back then when I was able to get her by my side. But Taeyeon would always come around as if she knows my feelings as well. I can’t blame anyone because this is might be the fate. I can’t blame God because of this kind of fate.

I keep falling and falling. Who knows, I, Kwon Yuri would be head over heels again. But I’m such an idiot. Sometimes I think I make fool towards everyone. I just can’t stop this now and I guess nobody can stop me this time. I know I shouldn’t have this kind of feeling.

I glance at the watch. 11:00 pm. I couldn’t put myself to sleep yet. This fate is so cruel. Oops! I’m blaming the fate now. Lie down on this bed is just making me breathless! I want to get back into my sense and I have to stop this fears.

Huh!

I step out from my room but once I’m out, I forgot and my mind is messy. Am I going nuts? Then, I turn my head to the left. I don’t know if what I’m doing now is right. I notice tonight that my world has been turning while I’m still stuck here dithering around though I know I said I’d wait around ‘till you need me.

And I can’t slow down for the motion keeps my heart running.

I’ve no idea where I got this courage when I head back to her room. I thought when I got back to my room, I can simply fall asleep but now I’ve found my answers were all wrong. I open this door quietly otherwise I would wake her up. I barely can see her face but when I get closer, I smile widely to my ears and I’m controlling myself not make a huge noise. She has an angelic face and this one, I’m give up and I cannot defeat this. My hormone couldn’t defeat this. I just can’t resist this cute face.

Omo…she’s sleeping tight. I just can’t believe I’m doing this and I’m scared what would happen next. Don’t get me wrong, I won’t do anything bad. I just want to watch her sleeping face. Maybe this is the reason why I can’t sleep. She keeps coming back and forth inside my mind. If I keep bearing it, my brain will explode!

Yeppeun…

Tiffany, why are you so beautiful? Your smile is beautiful and it can kill everyone when they see it. I can’t speak to you right now but it’s enough by seeing you sleeping. I know you’re fine and I’m glad for that. I promise I will protect you no matter what will happen.

As I start to feel sleepy, I think I better leave before I get caught. When I spin around, I feel a grab on my wrist. Tsk! I get caught finally. I couldn’t move as if I had no legs to stand on. My neck frozen and I’m occupied with nervousness. 

 

     “Unnie…” Tiffany called out with a sleepy voice. Yuri slowly turned around but fortunately Tiffany didn’t see her expression on that time as she was still closing her eyes.

    “She’s such a weird girl. How does she know I’m here?”

“Ti-Tiffany? Are you awake?” Yuri gulped. She was startled by the voice.

   “Unnie-ah…” Tiffany opened her eyes slowly and her hand was still grabbing Yuri’s wrist. Yuri slowly sat down beside her.

   “I thought you’re sleeping.” Yuri was slightly annoyed. Tiffany moved a little closer to her. She simply put Yuri’s arm around her neck then she laid her head on Yuri’s lap.

  “Omo, you’re such a slick, Fany-ah.” Yuri chuckled. “You better close your eyes and SLEEP. Okay?”

   “Please sleep with me.” Tiffany pouted with her eyes closed. Yuri bewildered, but somehow she felt like she wanted to scream her lungs out. She kept thinking what good it would do and what bad would it do if she agreed.

    “Aniyah! It’s a normal thing between sisters. I shouldn’t have thinking dirty.”

“It’s normal when the younger need the eldest. Come on, Yuri. It’s nothing!”

      Yuri was hesitated. But once again Tiffany gave her a long stare with her puppy eyes. Yuri chuckled.

   “Unnie-ah, what’s with flustered face? Come here.” Tiffany said as she dragged Yuri to lie down beside her. Yuri made a move and she had to forget all those dirty minds inside her brain. She was really on the same bed with Tiffany. Yuri was quiet all the time.

    “Fa-Fany-ah, I-I can sleep on the couch, anyway-“Yuri half grinned. She removed Tiffany’s hand but the younger girl managed to grab her back into the bed.

    “Unnie, why should you sleep on the couch? This bed is enough for two of us. So, don’t think you can sleep there.” Tiffany gave a smooch on Yuri’s cheek. Yuri had goose bumps. She squealed a little inside her heart.

“Omo…this girl is’ torturing’ me!”

    Tiffany put herself into Yuri’s embrace and snuggled into her chest. When Yuri saw the younger girl had closed her eyes, she decided to release her hand until the girl really fall asleep. She had a close look at the sleeping Tiffany. Now that she was in her embrace, Yuri decided just to stay on the bed.

   “So pretty.” Yuri muttered under her quick breath. She touched Tiffany’s hair and ran her finger on the angelic face.

 

[Yuri’s flashback]

 

Tiffany cupped her sister’s face. “Unnie…”

“Unnie, do you still remember what I said back then?”

“I said, I won’t give up on you and I will wait.”

    “Tiffany-ah, once again, I’m so sorry and please forgive me…”

Tiffany pulled Yuri into her embrace and she buried her face on Yuri’s shoulder.

     “Tiffany, I won’t go anywhere and you won’t go anywhere too. Just be here with me till we get old.”

   “As long as I’m still alive, I’ll make sure that I’m the only one you need.”

 

[Tiffany’s POV]

“Why unnie is not sleeping yet?”

Unnie, I heard what you said just now. You had just whispered it into my ear. You’re making me cry in excitement. I’m so much in love with you now but could it be possible for us to be in love?

I’m so much in love with you now!

 

Tiffany then closed her eyes again with a smile. She felt Yuri was moving as the bed bounced a little. When she turned around, Yuri was facing her back to her. Tiffany suddenly wrapped one of her leg over Yuri’s and sliding her arm around Yuri’s waist. Yuri was taken aback.

“Aiih..jinja..How could she do this to me?”-Yuri-

Yuri was sweating and she could listen to her own nervous breath as Tiffany tightened her embrace. She was helpless and her bones weaken.

“Oh my… tell me this is not a dream. I really miss her touch. I miss her hug recently and now she’s hugging me. I can smell her scent; the scent that made me gone insane ever since.”

 

Generation Elite Girl’s School

 

    “Who knows the difference between integral calculus and differential calculus?”

Seohyun raised her hand. “Doesn’t it have something to do with how you use the differentials?”

   “That’s getting there,” Miss Jang Nara, the teacher, said.

“Anyone else have theory?”

   Kim Hyoyeon raised her hand. “In differential calculus you take an infinitesimal small point and calculate the rate of change from one variable to another. In integral calculus you take a small differential element and you integrate it from one lower limit to another limit. So you sum up all those infinitesimal small points into one large amount.”

[Sunny’s POV]

“Geez, I think. How the hell does she know that? I’m never going to be able to get through this course. It will be the first time math has failed me. Ever since I was a kid, math was one of my easiest subjects. I’d do the homework and ace the tests, and hardly have to study. But I’ll have to study now, if I plan to survive.”

“Hyoyeon-sshi, you might be annoying sometimes but today you’re so cool. I guess behind your odd characters, there’s a genius side either.”

    Sunny sneaked a glance at Hyoyeon from her right side since Hyoyeon’s desk was at the middle of the classroom. There was someone who truly came from another planet-a planet where all humans are perfectly formed and have amazing hair.

   Kim Taeyeon who finally realized that the girl beside her was acting strangely; she peered down and followed Sunny’s eyes.

   “Yah, Lee Sunkyu. Why are you looking at Hyoyeon like that?” Taeyeon caught her sneaking at Hyoyeon. The girl who famous with her aegyo startled and she was acting as she was busy studying. But it was too late because Taeyeon had just caught her in action.

Taeyeon laughed with her disbelief look. “Omo…jinja. Sunny-ah, what is going on between you and Hyoyeon?”

Sunny was pretending she didn’t hear her dorky friend. Taeyeon elbowed her.

  “Yah, Kim Taeyeon! What are you talking about?” Sunny snarled. Her face suddenly went red and she rubbed her nose pointlessly. Taeyeon clutched her own stomach and practically fell over laughing. It was distracting other students who were concentrate writing down their notes. Sooyoung’s head peered out soon after she heard the loud noise.

   “Yah, what’s happening to Taeyeon?” Hyoyeon stopped writing. Seohyun and Tiffany were both snickering. Yoona’s laugh appeared after them.

Miss Jang Nara turned her back to the centre of the class. She squint her doe eyes before she started to piss off.

   “What’s happening at the back there?” Miss Jang Nara’s voice was slightly tense. Kim Taeyeon immediately got up from the floor and she sighed. She lowered her head down due to embarrassment.

   “Kim Taeyeon, what did you do?” Taeyeon looked her straight in the eye, unfazed. The teacher crossed her arms, giving her the look don’t-even-try-to-mess-up-with-me. At the same time Taeyeon felt it was funny. Sunny was controlling over her laughter.

   “I’m, I’m sorry Jang songsaenim. It was a small accident just now.” Taeyeon said calmly. She clenched her fist and glared to Sunny who were still snickering at her. When she looked at Tiffany, the eye smile girl was just only half grin.

    “Aiihh. This is embarrassing! I don’t care if the rest were laughing at me but not for Tiffany.” –Taeyeon-

“That’s because you’re always daydreaming.” The teacher answered with her furious look. Taeyeon gulped down.

  “Sit down and do your work now!”

“If I catch you doing the same thing again, you’ll stay back for detention class. Arrasso?!” Taeyeon just nodded and then she sat down. The class became silent again. Sunny covered with her hand and she couldn’t even bear to look at her dorky best friend.

“Pabo! That was your entire fault!” Taeyeon hissed and she grabbed Sunny’s neck. She smacked the girl and Sunny screamed a little in a low voice to avoid being caught again.

   “Yah! Knock it off, Tae. I don’t want to be in that stupid detention class.”

Taeyeon smirked. “Says who? We’re going together. That’s fair.”

 

...

It was lunch hour. All classes started the dismissal. The routinely noise came back again filled the school’s environment. The students ran here and there, shouting and scowling.

     “Thanks goodness it’s finally lunch hour.” Sooyoung gave out a long sigh and she patted her stomach.

   “Surely you’re starving to death,huh.” Hyoyeon teased. The shikshin laughed in an odd manner.

   “Yes, of course. And that Miss Jang was really- hurggh!” she snarled.

“He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter