A sad fate part II

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          “Im Yoona!” Yuri’s voice interrupted when Yoona was talking to Sooyoung and Hyoyeon.

“Yul…? You’re here?” Yoona was surprised when Yuri appeared there in their classroom with her furious look.

      “We need to talk.” Yuri grabbed Yoona’s hand and she dragged the girl out from the class. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were looking to each other.

    “What’s going on here?” Sooyoung grumbled. Hyoyeon shook off her head. Something was really out of her and Sooyoung’s expectation had happened.

……

     “Yuri, why are we here?” Yoona asked with her voice a bit stammered. She squeezed her wrist. It was already red and painful. There was no body at the swimming pool.  Yuri slowly turned her back and facing Yoona. She faced the girl straight onto her eyes. The stare was so unpleasant to look at and Yoona was pretending like she was comfortable.

   Yuri took out something from her pocket and she walked to approach her best friend.

“Look at this.” Yuri opened her fist and she showed Yoona the tiny thing on her hand. Yoona was remained silent. The tiny thing that made Yuri sleepless at night but no one had any ideas about that except Yoona herself.

     “It’s-it’s beautiful…” Yoona said all of sudden. Her voice was deflated.

“Tell me exactly who had saved my life.” Yuri gave her sharp stare to Yoona.

“What’s with the pearl earring?”

“Don’t try to get off the track. Tell me, Yoona, who saved my life. You know everything, don’t you?” Yuri tried to hold back her tears. Yoona was occupied with guilt.

   “I-I…I don’t know..”

“Don’t lie! You know everything. Tell me, Im Yoona!” Yuri’s voice was echoing throughout the place. Yoona shook her head in disbelief when her best friend raising her voice to her. It was the first time she saw Yuri was mad like that. Her eyes were teary.

     “Yul…if you really want to know who saved you, you better see your sister and ask her right now!”

Yuri startled and she leaned towards Yoona.

    “What? Does she know everything? Come on, stop your stupid joke, Yoona!”

“I’m not joking! It’s because….the one who saved you is your step sister, TIFFANY HWANG!”

    Yuri fell into silent and she stared at Yoona with her disbelief look. She lowered her eyes and nearly buckled beneath herself.

    “What you’d say? It was not clear enough.”

“Yoona, what you’d say? Please tell me you’re just making a stupid fuss around here.” Yuri held both of Yoona’s shoulders. Yuri had her eyes teary. She tried to gather back her strength to stand and to talk to Yoona. She stood, but her shoulders were stooped and she suddenly looked so exhausted.

   “I said Tiffany Hwang was the person who saved you from drowning.” Yoona answered back in tears.

  “No! You are lying to me!”

“You lie!” Yoona stepped back forward.

“I’m not lying to you. It’s true!”

“No, you lie! You-“

“Ne! What Yoona told you is the truth. Tiffany Hwang, your step sister saved you.”

   It was Kim Taeyeon. The dorky swimmer approached Yuri.

“Wae? Aren’t you going to believe it?” Taeyeon said as she gazed up her head to face Yuri. Yuri grabbed her collar shirt.

    “You…Kim Taeyeon, what’s eating you up?”

“Kwon Yuri, you don’t have to mad at me like this. Your own step sister saved you. Is it clear enough?”

   Yuri slowly released her grab from Taeyeon’s collar shirt. She trembled into the floor.

“Andwae..andwae..this is lie…no, this can’t be!”

     “Think about the one who had saved you. She had sacrificed herself to bear your sick words all this while.”

    “You owe your life to her, Kwon Yuri! You better ask forgiveness from her!” Taeyeon bend down her body and held Yuri on her shoulder. Yuri looked so helpless but she slowly stood back. And she ran away to left the swimming pool.

 

[Yuri’s flashback]

- “I said Tiffany Hwang was the person who saved you from drowning.”

-“I’m not lying to you. It’s true!”

-“Ne! What Yoona told you is the truth. Tiffany Hwang, your step sister saved you.”

……

 

      “Yuri…mianhae…”

     “Tiffany, mianhae…”

Yoona cupped her face with her palm. She started to cry. Taeyeon turned her back and left Yoona alone at the swimming pool.

  “Even it’s hard for me to do this, to let you free, I’ll do it for you. It may take me a river of tears. Yuri, for you to be happy, I’ll bear. “

    Yoona wiped the tears off her face and she narrowed her vision just to make her vision clear again. Her eyes were attracted to something shiny and glittering. The sun light was penetrating through it. Yoona stood up and she tried to reach her hand.

    “What’s that thing?” Yoona move approached the tiny object  that have made her to be so curious.

 

A shiny tiny object on the ground captured her eyes.  When her hand was about to take the tiny object, she pulled her hand back.

    “Ti-tiffany!”  Their eyes met. Tiffany’s eyes were swollen. She looked like she knew everything.

“I’m, I’m sorry,Tiffany.” 

     She was obviously regretted for what has happened but she still smiled.

“It’s okay, Yoona.” Tiffany was bitterly staring at the tiny object on her right hand. Then, she cupped it in her fist and put it inside her pocket.

……

    “Anio! This is ridiculous.” Yuri glanced over the rear mirror when she finally realized that she was driving along a busy road. It was quite a long queue of vehicles except on the left lane. Yuri turned her steering to the left and she managed to escape from the long queue.

    “This is such a pain in the neck!” Yuri grumbled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter