Why why love?

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29: Why, why love?

San Francisco, USA

2:30 am

“Yuri!”

“Yuri-ah….”

“Come back here!”

     “YURI!!!”

“Sica-ah, are you okay?”

“……huh…”

“Sica…wake up!” Jiyeon sat up on the bed right after she woke up when she heard Jessica’s grumbling beside her all of sudden.

    “Sica-ah..wake up. You’re sweating.” Jiyeon caressed her lover’s face gently and wiped the sweats on Jessica’s forehead. Jessica opened her eyes slowly and she was panting.

    “Wha-what time is it?” Jessica’s voice stuttered. Jiyeon glanced at the clock.

“It’s 2:45 am. Did you have a nightmare?” Jiyeon placed her hand on her shoulder. Jessica looked away from facing her lover’s face. She pulled her blanket to her chest and she lied down on the bed facing her back to Jiyeon.

   “Arraso. Let’s get back to sleep.” Jiyeon said. She switched off the lamp and they continued back their sleep.

 

……

 

“Yoona-ah.”

   “Wake up!” Her mother shouted at her ear.

Yoona moaned as visions of twisting pelvises swirled through her head.

   “Yoona? Are you alive?”

“Mng.” She gulped.

   “Yah…get up and wash yourself.” Her mother removed the blanket. Yoona felt her eyelids were heavier than usual. Her headache suddenly .

   “Umma…my head.”

   “You were drunk last night. I just can’t believe this.” Her mother stared at her. Yoona caressed her head and she was struggling to lay her back on the bed.

   “Mianhae, umma. I was just-“

“Get up from the bed now and take shower. After that, go downstairs and eat breakfast. Arrasso?”

    “Aigo…umma. Give me a break. My head is still hurt.”

“Okay. See you later.”

 

……

 

 [Tiffany’s POV]

“A week passes. But every time I see Yuri unnie, my heart races and I’m seized by a queer sense of dread, as if my life is in danger. I do my best to avoid this feeling, which means I’m constantly watching out of her, scanning the halls for the top of her long and straight black hair…”

……

 

[Yuri’s POV]

“I know Tiffany so well-her walk, the way she waves her hands next to her face when she’s making a point.”

“Even so, on two occasions we’ve inadvertently ended up face-to-face. Each time I gasped and we both quickly looked away, sliding past each other like silent icebergs.

……

 

 

 

      Yuri sat down on the couch. The television was switched on but she was not concentrated on any of the TV shows.

   “Aishh! This is boring.” She was pointlessly pressing the remote control, changing channel to another channel.

    “All boring!”

    Yuri slammed her back on the couch. And she groaned all of sudden.

“Oh, no. What’s happening to you, Kwon Yuri-ah?” Yuri talked to herself fretfully.

 

[Yuri’s flashback]

Taeyeon grabbed her hand and they walked passing by Yuri and Yoona. Yuri slowly released herself from Yoona’s embrace.

   “Let them be, Yuri-ah. You know that Kim Taeyeon likes your sister so much.” Yoona said.

 “A-ni-yaaaa!” Yuri groaned again and she bit her lower lip.

   “Unnie?”

Yuri was interrupted by the voice. She stared blankly to the familiar figure in front of her.

  “Oh…Ti-Tiffany. When did you get in here?” Yuri asked her nervously. Tiffany took another step and she sat beside Yuri.

  “Unnie, are you okay?”

“Ah…ye..I’m okay. Waeyo?”

    “Looks like something bothering you.” Tiffany stared straight into her eyes. Yuri looked away and she was cursing deep inside of her heart.

   “Then, why are you here?”

“Mm…I-I just want to talk with you.” Tiffany answered her cutely and she spontaneously giving out her eye smile. Yuri gulped. And she had lost for words.

   “Oh, my… Damn! I should set myself far away from her but now…aishh!” Yuri mumbled in her heart.

   “Unnie-ah, why don’t we play a game?” Tiffany said. “I feel so bored.”

“Game? What game?”

   “Mm…what if we play TRUTH or DARE game?” Tiffany smirked. Yuri was silent and she had no idea what to do.

     “Mwo? ”

“Unnie, you know that game right?”

   “D-dae. But why must that game?”

“Then? What game should we play? I know you’re bored too.” Tiffany knuckled her elbow. Yuri nodded.

    “Arrasso. You begin first.”

Tiffany nodded and she took a plastic bottle. She spanned the bottle and the bottle stopped spinning at Yuri’s position. Tiffany shrieked in excitement.

   “Unnie, the bottle stops spinning at your position.”

“Er…then?”

    “Mm…do you want TRUTH or DARE?”

“Er…TRUTH?” Yuri was waiting nervously. Tiffany pulled out a box and she passed the box to Yuri.

   “Ok, now pick up only one piece of the paper from the box and open then read it.”

Yuri stared at the box and she sighed. She had one piece of the paper on her hand and Tiffany smiled to her. Yuri smiled too, nervously opening the small piece of paper.

    “Are you in love with someone at this moment?”

Yuri scoffed and she felt like she was choking. Tiffany looked at her sister suspiciously but then she suddenly took the small piece of paper from Yuri.

   “Yah…” Yuri’s face reddened. Tiffany stared at the paper and she looked back at Yuri.

“Are you in love with someone at this moment?” Tiffany said back the words she read from the paper. Yuri was remained silent.

    “It’s the challenge you want, unnie. Speak out the truth.” Tiffany smiled again, revealing her adorable eye smile. Yuri seemed helpless. She snorted.

    “Er…ye-yes.” Yuri felt it was embarrassing and she was just stared at the floor. Tiffany peered down.

   “Yah, unnie. Are you really in love with someone right now?” Tiffany teased. She giggled.

“Yah! I don’t want to play this game anymore.” Yuri frowned and she stood up. Tiffany looked up and she pouted. Yuri looked away.

    “Unnie-ah…” Tiffany touched Yuri’s index finger and she was pouting like a little child. Yuri was frozen in her position. She felt like a thousand butterflies flying inside her stomach.

    “Mi-young, why are you acting like a little child?” Yuri gave her stern gaze. Tiffan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter