The Beast & The Innocent

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "Umma! Umma!" 

The girl was crying in fears. The mother was in tears too while both of her hands were on the steering wheel.

   "Umma, stop driving crazily fast like this!"

"Anio, Yuri! Umma must chase them. Do you want your appa be with another woman and abandon us?!" 

The mother pulled away her daughter's hand from holding her. The innocent girl was crying. She was confused. She was scared. She was hurt. And when she saw another vehicle came from their opposite site,....

 

"Umma...!!!"

 

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Present times...

  "Um..Umma! Anio..!"

 

The teenage girl grumbled in her sleep. She awakened when she fell from the couch.

   Yuri slowly opened her eyes but she felt like her eye lids were heavy. And there were tears on her eyes too.She gave out a long sigh and slowly crawled over her bed.

“Umma, I saw you died with these two pairs of eyes of mine.”

“Umma, mianhae…”

The tears slowly rolled down and she cried regretfully.

Yuri was with her mother during the car accident. Her mother died in the hospital without her father by their side. Her hand caressed the scar due to the accident. She was experienced the worst nightmare ever in her life. When she thinks about it, she would be weak and felt regret.

“Huh… I dreamed about it again.” Yuri glanced at the clock. It was almost the dawn. She tried to comfort herself on the bed as she was having short of breath.

[Taeyeon’s POV]

“TIFFANY-HWANG-MI-YOUNG.” (smiling Taeyeon)

“Hmm…when it comes to her, I will go blur. This girl is really something.”

“Hwang Miyoung. She has a very beautiful Korean name.”

“Should I asking her to go out sometimes? I’ve never been able to ask her because Sunny and Seohyun always around.”

“WAIT!”

“I’m still wondering how Yuri and Tiffany knowing each other? I’d seen them together several times.”

“Are they lovers?”

“Anio! Because….aassihh!”

“I hope they’re not and I hate it when she with someone else. We’re close friends but I still feel the gap widely opened between us.”

“I-I just…want to be with her.” (Sighed)

“Maybe I like her. Maybe I’m falling in love.” (Blushed and grinned)

[Yuri’s POV]

“Aigoo..my desk. I don’t even know where I should put all those books. It’s so irritating to look at.”

“Damn! I haven’t finished this assignment yet. (Going through all the pages)

“The due date is tomorrow!” (Sighed regretfully)

      Yuri walked back and forth inside her room. Then she slammed herself on the couch. Several minutes later, she immediately got up from the couch and rushed to the study table.

“Haha. I know who I should look for.” Yuri smirked and she went out from her room with books on her hands.

“Oh? Yuri? Where are you going with those books on your hands?” Madam Kahi asked. Yuri startled and she grinned.

“I-I…er..these books-“

“Are you going to study with your sister?” Madam Kahi cut off. Yuri gulped down and slowly shook her head.

“Hm? If you’re not going then why are you standing in front of her room?” Madam Kahi smiled. She could see how ashamed Yuri was.

“Eh? Er…it’s n-not like th-tha-“

“ Okay. Just go now.” Madam Kahi pushed the girl towards the doors. Yuri was speechless. Madam Kahi left her dumbfounded.

“Phew!” Yuri gasped. She didn’t realize that she was already standing in front of Tiffany’s room. She breathed in before she knocked the door.

(Yuri knocking the door)

[Tiffany’s POV]

“Eh? Who’s that? Maybe it’s mum.”

As she opened the door, Tiffany was so surprised. It was Yuri with her back facing to Tiffany.  She wore a black plain shirt and a long tight pant.

“Oh..unnie…” Tiffany was stuttering. Yuri slowly turned around and facing her. The innocent girl was frozen once their eyes met.

“Oh my God, is this real? Yuri unnie is coming to my room?” Tiffany muttered in her heart.

“Why? You don’t like it if I come over?”

 

“Oh..anio. Let’s come in.” Tiffany invited Yuri to go inside her room. She was still in disbelief. Tiffany had no idea what she could do next as Yuri returned her stares to her. And Tiffany completely has gone shivering.  

    what she could do next as Yuri returned her stares to her. And Tiffany completely has gone shivering. 

“I need somebody to pinch me. I want to make sure that this isn’t a mirage.”

           Tiffany’s heart was beating faster.

Tiffany gave up on the stares because she couldn’t hold it anymore. Yuri came approaching her with books on her hands. Tiffany jerked away.

             “Yah…my assistant. I have works for you to do.”

Yuri handed over the books to her step sister. Tiffany was remained silent but she was excited to see Yuri came over.

             “Oh..b-but these are your assignments..Why-“

“Yes. I want you to finish it for me.” Yuri gave out her sly grin.

           Tiffany slowly nodded and she put the books on the desk.

    “A-arraso. I will do it.” Tiffany replied with a stammered voice and just obeyed. Yuri stepped closer and leaned her head down a bit. She closely looked into Tiffany’s eyes.

            “You must finish it by now. I want that assignments to be in my desk before 11 p.m later. You know the way to my room right?”

“N-ne..I know. And don’t worry; I’ll get all the works done before 11.”

           “Good girl.” Yuri smiled and she patted the girl softly on the head. Tiffany looked so shy. It made Yuri wanted to more.

“I like this.” Yuri whispered to her ear. Tiffany had a Goosebumps when she heard the husky voice. After that Yuri left the room. Tiffany was still frozen and she was almost out of breath.

                      “Un..unnie..” Tiffany sighed. She caressed her chest several times.  

 

“Oh God, what’s truly happening? I just can’t resist…?” Tiffany was still blushed

“…this feelings?” She continued mumbling.

   “Oh, no! This cannot be.”

“Aaishh.. I should do those works right away before unnie get mad.”

Tiffany went to her desk right away. She sighed when she started to see bunch of undone assignments.

    “Why unnie such a lazy student? Look at this, she doesn’t complete it.”

Tiffany grumbled as she checked all the books. She went through all the pages. Tiffany laughed when she stopped at a page.

 “Unnie can be nonsense sometimes. How could she write an answer like this?”

Then, she went through another page. She was laughing all the time but sometimes she would be serious.

“And unnie can be so genius. She’s so good in Math but it’s such a waste, unnie is lazy.”

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

At Kim Taeyeon’s resident:

“Anio…I just can’t stand this anymore.” Taeyeon murmured alone on her bed with both of her eyes were closed.

   “Yah! Taengoo!” Taeyeon was completely shocked when she felt like a hand smacked her off.

“Yah,Sunny! I could get heart attack you know. Aaisshh..you’re crazy.”

Taeyeon was mad. Sunny giggled and then she sat beside her best friend.

   “Mianhae.” Sunny was still giggling. Taeyeon smirked and she smacked Sunny back on her head.

“Okay,okay. Erm…I heard you’re talking to yourself and mumbling. Are you really okay?” Sunny asked.

Taeyeon snorted and she crossed her arms right away.

   “Wae? Do I look like I’m sick?”

“Ne, you’re so quiet nowadays. What have gotten into you anyway?”

   “A-anio…I’m just fine. I’m quiet?”

Taeyeon laughed. Sunny glared and then she pinched the girl on her shoulder.

   “You’re totally crazy, Taeng. Aaisshh.”

“Let me be crazy. I should deserve it.”

Taeyeon simply answered. Sunny shook her head in disbelief.

    “What? I don’t get this.”

“Oh, it’s nothing. Just don’t bother it. Then, why are you here?”

   “Hey, don’t try to change the topic. You better tell me now.”

“Aaigooo…Sunny-ah, stop it. I’m asking you why you are here.”

  “Why am I here? Well, is it wrong if I want to hang around with you?”

Taeyeon nodded with her dorky grin.

   “Oh, I see. Should we go somewhere?”

Taeyeon asked. Sunny smiled but there was a long pause.

   “Oookayyy…Then, where are we going?”

“Hm… I think I want to eat the spicy rice cakes from the stall at the street. I’m so craving for it.”

    Taeyeon said and she patted her stomach. Sunny rolled her eyes and she grabbed Taeyeon’s arm.

“Yah! Let me change my clothes first.”

    “Okay but don’t be so long. I hate waiting.”

“Okay, Sun kyu-ah.” Taeyeon giggled.

“Aaishh.. I hate it when you call me like that.” Sunny mumbled but Taeyeon still giggled inside the changing room.

   “Yah! Taeyeon…I’m going to barge in if you still giggling like that.”

Sunny warned her as she leaned closer to the door. Taeyeon then gave up because Sunny hated to be challenged.

[Yuri’s POV]

“Haha! Gotcha my ‘dearest’ step sister, Tiffany Hwang. You’re so nerdy but it’s fun making out with you.”

“Aigoo…I can see how shy was you just now. Only God knows how happy I am right now.”

“Don’t ever blame me because this is what you wanted.”

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

     “Hm…why don’t we ask Tiffany to go out with us?” Taeyeon suggested. Both of them was already inside Taeyeon’s car. Sunny glanced at her.

“Tiffany? Hm..Why don’t you just call her then?”

    “Oh, you’re right.” Taeyeon quickly took her phone and made a phone call to Tiffany. Taeyeon waited patiently for Tiffany to answer her call.

“Huh…why is she not answering my call?” Taeyeon muttered. She tried another call but she was connected to the voicemail. Taeyeon sighed and she went down.

“Wae?” Sunny asked. Taeyeon shook her head. She looked so disappointed. Sunny understood.

           “Maybe she’s busy.”

Sunny tried to calm her best friend. Taeyeon muted.

   “Why Taeyeon looks so seriously upset like this just because of Tiffany?”

Sunny was wondering. She can felt something has happened to Taeyeon.

   The dorky girl was quiet whole the time. They finally arrived and Taeyeon parked her car nearby. She looked around and there were many people walked around. Most of them were love couples.

“I just can’t imagine if I bump into them here. And if their hands intertwined with each others.”

Taeyeon closed her eyes while Sunny walked ahead of her.

    “Yah! What’s wrong with you? You’re stepping onto my shoes.”

Sunny snaped. Taeyeon jerked away and shifted her way to Sunn’s left side.

   “Taeyeon-ah, are you okay?” Sunny asked worriedly. Taeyeon turned her look to her best friend. It was a sad look. Her eyes were telling that. Sunny knew that something was really bothered Taeyeon’s mind.

“Tae, I think I know what had been bothering you so much lately. Is it about Tiffany?”

Taeyeon chuckled. Sunny stared at her cautiously. Taeyeon started her dorkyness as usual.

   “Ne…” Taeyeon finally admit. Sunny smiled and she patted Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“I knew it babe. Can I say something? It’s just to end it up with a conclusion.” Taeyeon just nodded.

    “Do you…like…Tiffany Hwang?”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. She never thought Sunny would ask her about that. She gulped down.

“Yah! Am I right? I’ll assume it as ‘yes’ if you’re still silent.”

Sunny teased the dorky girl. Taeyeon snaped but she was flushing in the same time.

     “I can tell it, Taengoo. You don’t have to hide it anymore. Come on, we’ve been best friends for a long time.”

Sunny laughed but Taeyeon was still quiet. She can’t even saying a word.

    “You’re falling for her.” Sunny added. Taeyeon grumbled.

“Just admit it. If not, you’re going to be hurt. Don’t keep it for too long.”

   Taeyeon suddenly stood and she clenched her fist.

“Ne! I like her…anio…I-I love her!”

Sunny was stunning. She can heard Taeyeon’s hard breath. Taeyeon then covered . Sunny scoffed. She pulled Taeyeon back to her seat.

“Aigoo, Tae…you’re really crazy in love. Haha! Look at your face. So red.” Taeyeon looked away shyly.

     “Stop teasing me. You better get me the spicy rice cakes now.” Taeyeon ordered.

“Okay, boss. For the sake of your ‘falling-in-love’ mode.

Sunny giggled away. Taeyeon was annoyed by the way Sunny .

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

        “Oh? Two missed calls?”

Tiffany checked the two missed calls that she had received.

      “Taeyeon? Aigoo..”

Tiffany sent her a text message.

    “Taeyeon, I’m sorry for not picking up your calls just now. I was busy finishing my assignments.”

Taeyeon smiled when she saw Tiffany’s name appeared on the phone’s screen.

    “Who’s texting you? Is it Tiffany?”

Sunny asked while she still had the rice cake inside .

    “Ne, you’re right, Sunny. She was busy with her works.”

The smiles slowly faded away as she put back the phone inside her pocket.

    “It has been a while, Sunny. I’m longing to eat foods that are sell at the stalls by the road side. It’s yummy.”

Taeyeon added as she started to bite half of the rice cake.

    “You’re right. Simple dishes are the best.”

Sunny replied with her aegyo smile. Taeyeon rolled over her eyes. Sunny suddenly burst into laughter.

“Look at you, Tae. You’re eating like a little baby. The sauces are everywhere on your face. Haha!”

    “Mwo?...aaissh..You gotta be kidding me.”

Taeyeon checked her face immediately. Then, she scoffed and shook her head as she showed her embarrassment.  A long silent has fell onto them.

  “Taeyeon-ah, it’s so weird to see you quiet like this and why are you keep looking around?”

“Are you waiting for her?”

     “Eh? Er… I don’t even ask her. Hm…” Taeyeon gave out a long sigh. Sunny pulled her shoulder.

“You have a heart for her, Taengoo. I know when you’re really like someone.”

    “Ne…but there’s something that I still need to find out. I’ve been wondering and I’m confused.”

“Oh..what is it?”

  “It’s about Yuri and Tiffany.” Sunny raised her eyebrows.

“Yuri..and Tiffany? What’s up with those two?”

“Mm… I’m just curious if something happens between them. I just can’t keep this anymore.”

    “What? I never see them talking or greeting at one another. How something could happens between them? You’re weirdo, Taeyeon.”

“I’m serious because I’d seen them together. There was a time when I bumped into them in front of the school gate. It was late in the evening. It was really shocking.”

“Oh, I see. You should’ve asked them.”

“I didn’t because I was too shocked! And…what was making me surprised when I heard Tiffany called Yuri as ‘unnie’”

Sunny’s eyes both widened and her jaw dropped.

“It looks like they had known each other but I never see them talking to each other at school.”

    “This is really weird. Really, really  weird. Anyway, you must know what one is about, Tae. I’m getting curious now.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………................................................................

 

Tiffany glanced over at the clock. It was already past 10 p.m. She was almost finished the works.

   “Huh… I still have one more to do. Here you go, unnie. You’ll get whatever you want because I promised you.”

After several minutes, Tiffany finally managed to finish her works. She got up and stretched her body to the left and right.

           “Thanks God, all the works are all done before the due time.”

Tiffany gave out a relief sigh. Then, she came back to her desk and arranged the books and the paper works together before she would return it back to Yuri.

Tiffany walked slowly out from the door and she sneaked out her head before that. There was no body so she stepped out.

           She fixed her hair before she entered the room. She was hesitated to knock the door. She wondered if Yuri was still awake by that time.

Tiffany knocked the door several times but there wasn’t any answer from inside. So, she decided to just went in. The door slowly opened and Tiffany stepped in. She was amazed once stepped in.

             “Omo…unnie’s room is so beautiful. And the smell is so good.”

She quickly searched for Yuri and she found the girl lied down on the couch with her eyes closed. Yuri was sleeping. Tiffany put the books on the table and she approached the sleeping Yuri.

         Tiffany squatted in front of the couch. She observed every inch of the beautiful face. And she saw there was an acoustic guitar at the edge of the wall.

She returned her stares at Yuri. Tiffany smiled. And she touched Yuri’s nose gently and poked her cheek. She observed the lips and caressed Yuri’s hairs.

             “Unnie…you look so innocent when you’re sleeping.”

(The background song is played-Just try this)

“ I Wonder if You Hurt Like Me” by 2AM

Haru jongil ni saenggakman hada ga
Han ga dak nunmuri, meotdaero jureureuk heureunda
Georeum georeum ni moseubi bal byeoseo
Ireul hada gado, nado moreuge tto heureunda
 

"Unnie, you assemble my heart back. I had lost the pieces but now it seems like I have found it back"

 

(ohh oh oh oh ohh) noraereul bulleo do
(ohh oh oh oh ohh) georireul georeo do
(ohh oh oh oh ohh) ontong ni saenggak ppun inde

"I just can't fight this over but it doesn't mean I have to give you up. I need you so bad, unnie"

Neodo, na cheoreom ireohke apeunji
Neodo, na cheoreom nunmul na neunji
Neodo, haru jongil ireohke
Chueoke saneunji, oh kkok na cheoreom

"I have many things to say but I never had any chances. I will look forward in the future as the time slowly goes by, I will wait.

"No matter what, I will just wait though it will take some times."

Eokjirado useul il cham manheunde
Taeyeob inhyeong cheoreom, ju eojin il cheoreom utneun da

"I will remember each day that I will spend with you. Bad or good, you'll be just the same. The same Yuri as I'd known. 

(ohh oh oh oh ohh) tv reul boa do
(ohh oh oh oh ohh) chingureul ana do
(ohh oh oh oh ohh) ontong ni saenggak ppun inde

Neodo, na cheoreom ireohke apeunji
Neodo, na cheoreom nunmul na neunji
Neodo, haru jongil ireohke
Chueoke saneunji, oh kkok na cheoreom

Mae ireul useu nikka
Utneun moseub man boyeo ju nikka naega, haengbok han julman ana bwa
Eotteohke useo naega, eotteohke useo, niga eobt neunde
Useo do useo do, nunmuri tto heulleo

Neodo, na cheoreom ireohke apeunji
Neodo, na cheoreom nunmul na neunji
Neodo, haru jongil ireohke
Chueoke saneunji, oh kkok na cheoreom

English Translation

 

As i think only of you all day
A single stream of tear flows on its own

Step by step, i see you
So even as i work, tears flow without me knowing

Even when i sing
Even when i walk the streets
I’m filled with thoughts of you

I wonder if you hurt like me
I wonder if you cry like me
I wonder if you live all day in memories like me

There are many

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter