Lost in your eyes

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Background music: 그런 너(That's who you are) by Zitten.

geuleohge jamsiwassdaga
modeungeol muneotteulyeonohgoneun
dol-abojido anh-eun chae
seuchyeogabeolin neo

ihaehal su eobsneun geosdeullo
modeun geol ihaesikyeonohgoneun
amuleohjido anhdaneun deus
dol-agabeolin neo geuleon neo

....

     “What the hell am I supposed to do now?” Yuri said to herself. She’d quickly filled her in on all that had happened in the last twenty-four hours, how she had got Tiffany came to her sense to get the truth out of her; she even remembered how she locked the younger girl’s eyes with her sharp black stares.

    “Supposed I should be less pathetic, right?”

soljighaeya handago
iyagihan geon neoinde
geuleohge hagessdago
daedabhan geon nainde
neol balagoman iss-eo

“Aigoo. This song is really something. I hate this feeling!”

Yuri was slightly furious she thought she might burst. She wondered if she might be able to claim back the previous times where she hated Tiffany and all sorts of things that had happened to her. She was annoyed she hadn’t thought of that before now, but, stupidly, she’d thought she was dealing with reasonable and rational people, not a thug with no morals.

She turned off the music player as she started to feel the distraction. She needed to talk back to Tiffany, and get her take on it. And she shouldn’t waste time worrying about her ‘idiot’ side either.

“Omo! My whole body is aching. Maybe I should get a massage treatment. But in this house who can do that?”

“Aha… Madam Kahi can do that.”

She placed back the thick novel on the desk because she decided to meet Madam Kahi. Soon after that, someone entered her room and Yuri stunned for a while.

   “Yuri-ah…” The woman greeted Yuri with her cheerful smile like she would always do. It was kind of surprise to Yuri when her step mother met her particularly in her room. She knew she has been senseless sometimes.

   “Are you in the middle of something?”

“Anio. I was about to go out because I wanted to see Madam Kahi.”

  “Oh, I see. But can we talk Yuri-ah? It’s because I have many things to say to you.” Yuri’s eyes grew as big as saucers, and when she’d finished she let out a long, low sigh.

    “I’m sorry Yuri-ah because I’m taking your time but I need to say this since I think right now is the right time for me to do so.”

    Yuri bit her lips and she smiled to her step mother and she was obviously needed space and Yuri herself as well.

   “Anio, omoni. I can go later. Have a seat.”

“Gamsa hammida, Yuri-ah.”

“Er…omoni, what is it you want to tell me just now?”

Her step mother touched her hand all of sudden and Yuri was a bit awkward. Her gaze narrowed suspiciously but full with hopes.

   “Yuri-ah, I know it’s a way too early for saying this but I hope you’ll understand some of it. I believe you’re the one that I can count on.”

    Yuri was again gone blur. Her mind was completely thoughtless.

“You’re such a wonderful girl, Yuri and you’re a nice daughter. Even though you’re not my biological daughter but I love you like my own.”

   “And now, please give me a chance to say this; I’m really sorry Yuri-ah.”

“I’m so sorry for breaking your heart and all that I’ve done to you in the past.”

     Yuri lifted up her face and she stared deeply into the eyes.

“Omoni, why are you saying this?”

    The step mother touched Yuri’s face and she smiled over again. Yuri had millions of unanswered questions in her mind.

   “Yuri-ah, can you promise me a thing?”

“Dae?”

   “Promise me, that you’re going to take care of Tiffany when I’m gone someday. Treat her like your own real sister and be good to her? Can you?”

   “O-omoni…” Yuri was stuck in . She became more curious.

“Yuri-ah, this is my favour. Think of this as my wish. I want to see both of you really happy with one another.”

    “Yuri-ah, Tiffany is always letting herself being invisible behind your back. She doesn’t want you to get hurt and she would always said that both of you will be fine.”

   “And this one thing that I never heard from herself; she’d loved you even she had risk herself.”

    “She loves you, Yuri. That’s why both of you should be good with each other though you’re not real sisters.”

    Yuri’s eyes were teary. But she tried to hold back her tears.

“Tiffany has changed a lot since she met you. After her father died, she became a quiet girl. Yuri-ah, thank you for making her feels whole again.”

    “Look…”

“Omoni, what’s happening actually?” Yuri asked, tried to get her to the point.

  “I know both of you will always be fine, Yuri.”

Yuri nodded slowly. “Arrasso, omoni. If that’s what you want, I will take a good care of Tiffany.”

The step mother seemed a bit relieved.

    “Gomawo, Yuri-ah.” She instantly was putting Yuri into her embrace. Yuri’s tears fell down eventually. But she wiped it as soon as they released the embrace.

   “O-omoni…” Yuri spoke again. “Dae?”

“Mm…I…actually…”

“What is it, Yuri-ah?”

“Oh…it’s okay, omoni.”

“Are you sure, Yuri-ah?”

“Dae.”

“By the way, thank you for your time Yuri. I should go.”

“Dae, omoni. Take a good care of yourself.”

    

[Yuri’s POV]

“Omoni, why it has to be me? I fall…maybe nowhere in her heart. I’m falling in love with your daughter, omoni! How could you ask me to do this kind of favour? I don’t want to lose her. I would rather risk my heart to the possibility of pain, than to never feel love again. I need her more than I ever thought.”

 

“If plan A is fail, we still have plan B, Sooyoung-ah.” Hyoyeon gave her a convincing look. Sooyoung rolled her eyes and she thought she had nothing left in her mind.

  “Yah…come on, Sooyoung. D-don’t tell me that you are to give her up?”

“Yah! Says who? I’m going to win her heart again.”

   Yoona was quiet since three of them were spending their times together at the Hoot Café. Sunny then appeared with a tray on her hands.

   “Here you go!” Sunny slowly placed down the tray on the table.

“Hot caramel macchiato, hot chocolate, coffee crisp Frappuccino and Neapolitan Frappuccino ice cream nut and-“

   “All checked!” Hyoyeon said while she was glancing over Sunny. She tried to gain the girl’s attention.

  “Wait a minute…caramel mocha chip Frappuccino?”

“Wae, Sunny-ah?” Hyoyeon cut her off.

   “Aaishh…this order should be sent to the next table.” Sunny grinned. She asked the three girls to wait for her.

   “What is wrong with her?” Sooyoung sighed. Hyoyeon just shrugged without even said anything.

   “I’m back.” Sunny sat down next to Hyoyeon and Yoona. Sooyoung continued eating up the fresh salad. Sunny sensed something wasn’t quite right with Yoona when the girl was just quiet since they had arrived. 

“Yoona-sshi, are you okay? You’re so silent.” Sunny looked at her. Yoona kneaded her forehead. Hyoyeon zoomed down at her face which eventually making the silent girl irritated.

   “You look so awful, Yoong. What’s up?”

“Nothing’s up.” She sighed but then she looked at them bitterly.

   “I just can’t reach Yuri since yesterday.” She spoke slowly. Sooyoung and Sunny looked sceptical. But of course they knew all along that there was something fishy about Yoona of the day.

   “Even she was off early from the school yesterday. I couldn’t meet her.” Hyoyeon said. She brought the banana split into . Sooyoung, the shikshin chewed her food though it was seemed nothing to her but actually she cared.

   “That Yuri girl is changing a lot now. And she’s so famous among the school girls.” Sunny interposed.

[Tiffany’s POV]

I’m wondering what she is up to now.

[Yuri’s POV]

I’m wondering what she is doing.

Huh.

Should I go to her room?

I’m already outside her room and should I knock?

Anio!

 

    Yuri turned her back and she bit her lips. But the turned around again facing the door. She lifted her right hand slowly. When she was about to knock the door, Tiffany appeared suddenly. Both of them were stunning and Yuri tried to smile.

    “H-Hey…” Yuri muttered. Tiffany finally smiled. She was surprised to see Yuri at the door.

“Un-unnie…” Tiffany’s voice cracked.

  “I was about going to see you, unnie. But you’re already here.”

“Come in.” Tiffany dragged her hand. Both of them sat apart a bit. They weren’t talking but Yuri tried to steal a moment to glance at her. Tiffany did as well as she felt Yuri was looking at her direction all the time.

    “Unnie-ah, why are you killing me right now?”

“Aigoo. What should I say to Tiffany?”

“Actually I…-“

“Actually I…-“

(“Thump…! Thump! Thump…!”)

Yuri gulped.

Both of them shared the same look. But then they giggled. Tiffany looked away when she once again caught by Yuri’s eyes.

    “Why I’m the one who always got locked by those black eyes?”

“Fany-ah, ju-just say what you want to say.” Yuri said. She gazed down the floor. That was awkward. Tiffany looked away shyly.

  “Anio, unnie. You go first.”

“No, you should talk first.”

  “Unnie, you talk first.”

“Ahh..anio, Fany-ah. I know you wanted to say something just now.”

“Unnie…same goes to you.” Tiffany giggled. Yuri scratched her head pointlessly.

“Anio-“

“Yes, you got something-“

“Hey, I miss you!” Yuri finally said. Tiffany stunned, and that moment she was again caught by Yuri’s eyes. She was lost, for now, over and over again.

“Pabo! Why did I say that?”

   “D-da-dae?” Tiffany was shivered. When those eyes were staring at her, she could felt millions of butterflies in her stomach.

    “A-nio! I mean-“Yuri seemed all wrong. She jerked away and stood up.

“We keep asking each other to talk out first. So, I think I should stop it by saying…-“

“Hah…what a stupid excuse Yuri-ah” Yuri muttered in her heart.

 

“Anio, unnie. I miss you too!” Tiffany grabbed her wrist and she leaned closer, facing up the taller girl. She held both Yuri’s hand, and then she hugged her. Yuri was amazed at the ease with which she could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter