Rainy Hearts

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Yuri’s POV]

I feel sorry for every one and apparently I ruined everything! That was embarrassing and right now I feel like my jaw is going to unattached from my facial bone. It was because of Taeyeon’s punch. I can’t believe that dwarf would punch me that hard.

I’m having abdominal pain too because she kicked me on the most sensitive spot. Aigoo…Kim Taeyeon is scary when she’s angry. I’m so sorry Taeyeon. I just can’t bear it on my sight whenever you try to be with Tiffany.

I just can’t when Tiffany is exactly mine right now.

When the time comes, I will let you know who Tiffany is in my heart.

 

   “Yul, why are you still here?”

Sooyoung ran into her at the sea house’s parlour. Yuri looked to her. While Sooyoung had been sympathetic initially, Yuri got the feeling she was taking the fight incident seriously enough, but she had just ruined the bonfire beach party.

   “I shouldn’t have gone too much earlier. Sooyoung-ah, I am so sorry for the chaos I’ve created.”

   Sooyoung shrugged. “It’s not as though you created it on purpose. These things happen. I’m sure everyone will understand.”

   But the comment got Yuri thinking. Maybe Sooyoung was right and she could be worrying for nothing.

  “Yul…just forget what had happened just now. Go to your room and get a sleep. You’re bruising.” The shikshin gave her look to Yuri’s cut on the corner of her lip.

   “Okay. I’ll go later.”

“Good but don’t think that I’m angry with you, aro?” Sooyoung joked. Yuri chuckled.

   “I’m just disappointed with you.” Sooyoung pouted.

“Then, what’s the difference? Surely you’re still mad at me.”

   “Aniya…what you did just now practically make sense. But I don’t just get it why did you look so, so, so, so mad just now at Taeyeon? I’ve never seen that ‘fierce’ side of you just now.”

   “I’m just worried, Soo.”

“…really?”

“Okay, don’t think too much. Now you’re so good to your step sister. I’m happy for that change.” Sooyoung didn’t appear to have noticed anything amiss just yet.

   “Soo, we actually…”

“No, no, no…” Sooyoung pushed the girl gently towards her room. “Just go to your room and sleep. We’ll talk about it tomorrow.”

  “But Soo…”

“No buts, Yul. You gotta go to sleep. It’s already late. Tomorrow we still have another activity before we go back to Seoul. Arrasso?”

 They’re already in front of Yuri’s room. Sooyoung bid the girl good night though it was almost midnight. The surrounding was quiet and perhaps all the girls already went to sleep. Sooyoung was the last one going to bed since she had to check the surrounding.

   Yuri touched the doorknob and she wasn’t sure if Yoona and Tiffany were sleeping. She opened the door slowly; leaving a small gap so she could peek in easily. The room was dark and apparently the two girls were asleep. She stepped in silently and she went straight to get her towel.

   After a while, she stepped out from the washroom slowly while her face with the towel. Yuri looked at Tiffany’s direction. She could see Tiffany’s face in the dark with the help of light which came from the washroom. Yuri flashed a weak smile. There was guilt in her face, seeing Tiffany was really asleep, she approached the sleeping angel. Her hand slowly caressing Tiffany’s jawline and watching the girl sleeping lovingly. Yuri’s hand jerked away when Tiffany made a move and exposing her annoying face in sleep. Yuri chuckled silently.

   “This is tiring.”

A small thud can be heard and Yuri’s head was accidentally hitting the floor as she thought there was a pillow under her head. Yoona was moving under her cover and she faced her back to Yuri. Yuri gave out a relief sigh when the doe eyed girl didn’t awake. Yuri at the hitting spot on her head and lie down slowly.

   “I just can’t fall asleep.”

She then turned her look to Yoona and lifted her head to check on Tiffany. Yoona was sleeping between them.

   “Omo…my jaw!”  Yuri tossed around. That was a rough night ever in her life. Things were happening too fast, unexpected and just mad. That was a while ago since she wanted to put herself to sleep but unfortunately, her mind was disturbed.

   She her thumb on the phone’s screen. The clock has shown 2:30 am. Yuri tossed her body around again showing her back to Yoona. Then she laid straight back facing the ceiling under dim light.

    “How disgraceful…” Yuri removed the cover from her body and she got up, reaching her hand out to where she hung her sweater. She dashed out from their room quietly.

    She made her way to the kitchen and swung open the refrigerator. Her eyes sparkled when she found some cans of beers. She took out two cans with her and she walked towards the main entrance. In the same time, Hyoyeon saw her when the girl also went to the kitchen to find drink due to thirstiness.

    “Oh? Yuri? What is she up to?”

Hyoyeon saw her walking outside and she knew that Yuri was unable to fall asleep. So she decided to check her friend out.

    “Aigoo…she’s drinking alone. I better join her and bring some more.”

Hyoyeon her lip, smirked nastily and her hand just freely rummaging the refrigerator. At last she found someone who can be her company. It was likely to her ‘insomniac partner’.

   Yuri made herself comfortable sitting on the cement pavement. There was no one except her, the wave sound’s greeting and the cold sea breeze made Yuri shivered a little. She quickly pulled up the opener and took a first sip slowly. She can felt the cuffing blow of the wind on her cheek.

   Then she heard a footstep behind her and Yuri turned instantly with her eyes glued to her hilarious friend, Hyoyeon who came with something that she carried with her loose shirt. The way Yuri responded her smile got Hyoyeon thinking that the recognizable Yuri’s-trouble-face did not have to be disputed any further.

   “Too angry too sleep huh?”

Yuri took another sip and she just smiled. Hyoyeon gathered the beers which earn Yuri’s surprise look.

   “Geonbae!”

Yuri raised her beer and Hyoyeon responded her.

   “Yuri-ah…I thought you already went to bed.”

    “Nope. I just can’t sleep. Then what about you? Did you spying on me?”

    “Babo! I don’t even have a reason to spying on you. Me neither. I just can’t sleep and what a luck, I found you’re just like me. Guess we can have our quiet time together here.”

   “I should have a drink to lure me to sleep.”

Hyoyeon stared at Yuri’s terrible face. Though they were sitting under the dim light, Hyoyeon can see the bluish bruise on Yuri’s cheekbone and some visible cuts on her lip.

    “Why did you punch Taeyeon just now?”

Yuri fell into silent and she was only sighing out heavily. Then she darted her eyes towards Hyoyeon’s direction and gave her bitter look.

   “She wanted to kiss Tiffany.” Yuri said with her inconvenience voice.

   “Mwo?”

Hyoyeon hung open and that was shocking to her world. But Yuri seemed to feel burden because of that. That was the reason Hyoyeon tried to rumble out everything. She thought seeing Yuri down like that was really bothering her.

   “Jinja?”

   “I don’t know, Hyo but I saw everything.” Yuri said back in insecure feeling. Hyoyeon shook her head.

   “Look…I may not know anything further but Taeyeon seems to have heart for your sister, Yul.”

   Yuri chuckled with her jaw flexed downward, detaining her anger.

“If only you knew, Hyoyeon-ah…” –Yuri-

“I know how you feel Yul. You’re trying your best to protect Fany, right? But I think Taeyeon really likes her. I can see it her face whenever Fany’s around. She’s completely head over heels with Fany!”

   Yuri took a last sip and she took another can of beer. Hyoyeon can’t help but just showing her pity look towards her best friend. There was something different in Yuri. She even noticed that but she didn’t want to rush everything.

   “Hyo…” Yuri’s voice was cracked. Hyoyeon stared after her.

“I…I…just love Fany very much. You know how my life was back then. I’ve lost my mother…so now I don’t want to lose her as my sister. Since she came into my life, I admit that everything was hard at first but she…Tiffany…she made me whole again!”

     Hyoyeon leaned closer so she could calm Yuri by patting her back. The tan girl who used to look tough and calm outside but the fact was Yuri also had a weakness as well.

   “Just cry Yul.”

   “Just let everything out.”

“We’re always by your side no matter what.”

Yuri gripped on Hyoyeon’s shirt and she was just lost her strength to control her tears. Hyoyeon soothed the girl and it made her even cried harder. Perhaps Yuri kept it for so long.

   “Gwenchana Yul…ssshhh…”

   “I owe my life to Fany, Hyoyeon-ah. I…I can’t lose her…so I must do something in return…”

   Both of them broke the hug and Yuri quickly avoided her gaze with Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon held her shoulder, giving her concern look sincerely from her heart to Yuri. Yuri hung her head low and sniffed.

    “How’s Taeyeon anyway?”

Yuri shifted the topic. “She was silent all the time but then I saw her fall asleep.”

    “I feel bad about this. I punched Taengoo and she punched me back. That was…childish!” Yuri chuckled. Hyoyeon began to smile and they took another round drinking the beer. Hyoyeon started her own hilarious jokes spontaneously in order to make Yuri feel at ease. Yuri laughed along with her tears.

   “Yahhh…stop make me laughing. My jaw is hurt.” Yuri flicked Hyoyeon on the girl’s forehead. Her sight went blurry and she blinked several times, shaking her head off but Hyoyeon was still laughing.

   “Aigoo…I feel dizzy, Hyo.” Yuri took a deep breath and she felt nauseous. Hyoyeon looked at the beers that they had drink just now. The green cans were scattering nowhere on the pavement. Yuri tried to get up but she was already in giddiness. Hyoyeon helped her out.

   “I…I want to…throw up!” Yuri slowly shifting her body and with her right palm on the pavement,she could stand up but Hyoyeon quickly grabbed her body before she fell down.

    “Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaggghhhhhhh!!!…urghhh…”

Yuri vomited into the garbage can. The splattering of the puke echoed throughout the beach.

“Aigoo…aigoo…Yuri-ah, you’re drunk.” Hyoyeon patted her back gently thought her doing would make Yuri feel better. But Yuri was vomiting again.

    It was nearly dawn when Hyoyeon decided to drag Yuri into her room. Both of them staggered. Yuri was drunk and she was mumbling a lot. Hyoyeon soothed her again so that her voice would not awaken others.

    “Shhhhhhh…Yul…erggh…we’re now in front of your room. Get in…”

Hyoyeon opened the door slowly and she helped Yuri to lie down on the couch. Yuri seemed to fall asleep. Before Hyoyeon left, she covered Yuri with the blanket and staring at her drunken friend pitifully.

   “I thought you’re not going to stop mumbling. Have a good sleep, Yul. See you later.”

   Hyoyeon left after that. Yuri mumbled again in soft voice but then she back to her sleep. With her left hand fell aside, she gave out soft snore.

 

 

6:45 a.m

 

   “Fanyyyyyyyy-aaaahhhh…”

   “…”

  “Fany…don’t ever leave me…”

   “My mushroom Fany…”

 

Tiffany finally awoke from her sleep. She opened her eyes slowly and looked around. Yoona was still sleeping but sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter