"Who are you?"

TWO OF US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

4:15 am, Kwon resident.

“Hm!”

4:20 am…

“I just can’t close my eyes. Well, I did not really fall asleep seven hours ago.”

4:47 am…

“Unnie…”

“I’m wondering about your condition. Hold on there. I will always take care of you…”

Tiffany removed the blanket and she switched on the lamp on the table beside her bed. She was breathless so, she decided not to continue her sleep.

    “Unnie, I hope you’re always being fine. Ah! Why times are so slow?” she murmured. It was her favourite doll Totoro in her hug. 

 

    “I just can’t wait to see you later, unnie. I’ve missed you so much!”

Tiffany sat on her bed hugging her knees. Yuri’s face was filling her thought. That was making her immediately to smile.

    “Hwang Miyoung…”

Tiffany smiled again when she was reminiscing back the way Yuri called her Korean name. Although it was always annoying to her but when the time Yuri would do that, she just can’t help herself but giggling because she seemed to like it.

   “Hwang Miyoung…”  (There you go again, Tiffany.)

BEEEPPPP….!!!

  Her cellphone vibrated. 

 

    “Aishh..who would send me a text message so early in the morning like this?”

Taeyeon: Can’t sleep aren’t you?

Tiffany: Tae…  hm…yes. I’m still wide awake now. But why are you not sleeping?

Taeyeon: Hm…it’s so…unexplainable. :P. I just follow my heart.

Tiffany: :) aigoo…

Taeyeon: Okay. You should go back to sleep. Later morning we have to go to school.

Tiffany: Arraso. You should have some sleep also. It’s still early.

Taeyeon: Okay. See you at school later.:)

Tiffany: Ne. :)

……

Generation Elite Girl's School

8:00 AM

   "Omomo....! Sooyoung-ah, what's happening over there?" Hyoyeon said while pointing her finger over the school gate. She and Sooyoung had just arrived at the school that morning. But it was not like other morning on the previous day

   "Aigoo...are the students performing a riot? We'd better not going out from this car." 

"What riot? This is not even an election day. Aiisshhh..." Hyoyeon replied with a frustrated voice.

 

   “Look! They’re actually Yuri’s fans!” Sooyoung shouted. Hyoyeon startled and she decided to forget her intention to get out from Sooyoung’s car.

   “What are we going to do, Soo? This is so crazy!”

Sooyoung nodded her head.

   “We’re going to stop it, perhaps.” Sooyoung answered. Then, she reversed her car and left the school.

……

9:15 AM

Day 1…

      “Ajeosshi…”

“Yes, Miss Hwang? Do you need help?” The personal body guard turned his head to face the innocent girl who sat at the back of the car. Tiffany gave out her warm smile.

   “Can you send me straight to the hospital?” Tiffany had her voice stuttering. She was worried if the middle-aged man wouldn’t allow her to go to the hospital. The man smiled.

   “Mianhae, Miss Hwang. I just can’t-“

“Ajeosshi…please…?” Tiffany begged.  “I need to see my sister.”

    The personal body guard lowered his gaze before he brought it back to face Tiffany. The young girl seemed so pitiful.

    “Arrasso, but aren’t  you going to skip your class?”

“Mm…ajeosshi, please? I’m begging you. I need my sister. I should stay by her side now.”

   “I know that. But, your parents would be mad if they knew you would skip the class.”

“I’m insisted. Please bring me there, ajeosshi. About my parents, don’t worry. Just leave it to me.”

      “Oh…okay. We’ll be there in short times.”

“Ajeosshi, gamsahamnida!” Tiffany was happy when the personal body guard finally allowed her to go to the hospital.

     “Yes! I’m going to see my unnie later. I just can’t wait to be there.” She murmured in her heart. That was a beautiful morning. Tiffany was so excited until she didn’t realize she was smiling along the journey to the hospital.

   “Unnie, please wait for me. I’ll be there soon.”

The personal body guard glanced at the girl through the mirror. The girl’s day was brightened and it was such a glowing eye-smile.

    “Aigoo…they are so adorable sisters though they’re not real by blood. The younger one looks so innocent while the elder looks like ‘monster’.” The young loyal man to the Kwon family smiled.

……

[Yoona’s POV]

    Yuri-ah…how have you been? You must hurt a lot. I’m so sorry.

I’m sorry for everything, my dear, Yuri.

Please be okay.

Because I need you.

    “Aaisshh…it’s still morning. I just can’t wait to finish this class because I want to visit Yuri. I’m missing her so bad…”

……

At the dance hall…

    “There you are.”

Jiyeon walked slowly and she caught her girlfriend, Jessica sat down on the floor hugging her knees and covered her face at the dance hall. She had been looking for her since two hours ago.

    “Jessica…” Jiyeon called her name but had no respond from her girlfriend. Jiyeon lowered her body before she sat beside the blonde.  

   “Yah, Jessi. Are you okay?” Jiyeon’s hand was creeping on her back. She finally sat down.

“Look, I don’t know what’s happening but why are you here and crying?”

      After a minute, Jessica lifted her head. She was avoiding herself to be seen by Jiyeon. JIyeon was remained silent.

    “I’m sorry, Jiyeon.” Jessica said as she held her lover’s hand.

“Wae? What’s that sorry for?”

    Jessica wiped the tears on her face. Jiyeon pulled Jessica’s waist so she can leaned close to her girlfriend. Jessica was startled by that sudden action.

    “That must be about…Yuri right?”

Jessica lowered her gaze and she stared at the plain floor. Jiyeon must have been so disappointed.

    “Ne…she’s at the hospital now because she had an accident yesterday.” Jiyeon’s eyes grew wider.

“What? How could?”

     Jessica broke into tears again. She hugged Jiyeon and cried on that girl’s shoulder.

“Sica-ah,I still can’t believe you’re crying for her but I understand why.”

……

At the Seoul City Hospital

     Tiffany prepared herself and also her school bag before the car got parked at the front of the hospital entrance. When she saw she was almost arrived at the place, it had moved her into a cheerful smile.

    “Agasshi, we’re arrived. Please take a good care of yourself,okay?” The personal body guard managed to gave her an advice. Tiffany bowed down her head and she said something to the young man before he left the hospital compound.

    Tiffany let out a sigh and she walked faster towards the entrance of the huge and luxury hospital. She felt a little bit nervous when she was almost there at where Yuri was admitted.

   “Unnie, I’m coming!” Tiffany rushed her steps and she jumped onto the elevator.

“Unnie, when you open your eyes, I want to be the very first person that you’ll see.” Tiffany cupped her face. She felt hotness on her cheek and maybe she was blushing. Somehow, she would reminiscing back her funny moment with her step sister and she would giggled whenever Yuri’s face slipped into her mind.

     “Omo…why, my heart? Why are you beating up so fast?” Tiffany thumped on her chest. She was already at the ward. Yuri was admitted at the exclusive ward. Then, she cleared and she was peeping through the glass at the door. Madam Kahi was inside. The mid 30 woman was reading a magazine. Yuri was still lying on the bed with an oxygen mask on her face.

    “Unnie…” The moment she saw her step sister on the hospital bed, it had moved her into tears.

“I feel so sorry to you, unnie. Please hang in there. I’m here by your side. Always and forever.” Tiffany finally had the courage to walk in. Madam Kahi turned her head when she heard the door was opened.

      “Tiffany? What are you doing here during this hour?” Madam Kahi landed the magazine on the table and she walked towards Tiffany who was still frozen at the doorway. Tiffany burst out a smile.

    “An-annyeong, Madam Kahi.” Tiffany bowed her head down and smiled hugely. Madam Kahi stared at her for a moment.

“Tiffany, you supposed to be inside the classroom, isn’t it? Why are you here?”

    “Oh…er…I-I just want to be here.”

“What? You escaped?” Madam Kahi crossed her arms and she glared at the innocent girl. Tiffany gave out a startled laugh.

   “What’s with that kind of laugh?” Madam Kahi looked so tensed.

“Aigoo…there you go again, Tiffany. You’re escaped from school and now you’re here.”

     “Madam Kahi, I just want to see my sister. And it has been awkward when she’s not around us.” Tiffany gave away her look to her step sister.

   Madam Kahi smiled and she pinched Tiffany on her nose.

“Aigoo…you kid. Are you missing your sister already?” Madam Kahi teased the innocent girl. Tiffany can’t help herself but she was blushing.

   “Yah, Tiffany-ah, do you love your sister that much?” Tiffany lifted her head and she looked so puzzled. Her face turned red and she was stuttered. Madam Kahi burst out a laugh.

     “Oh? What’s with that kind of expression, Pany-ah? Didn’t you hear what I said just now?”

“Oh…love? Yes, of course I love my sister.” Tiffany became awkward at the moment. Madam Kahi giggled and nodded.

    “Alright. Now tell me, when are you going to leave this place and go back to school?”

“Ne?” Tiffany was startled over the sudden question. It seemed like Madam Kahi did not like her presence at the place.

    “I’m going to call the driver to fetch you and send you straight to the school.” Madam Kahi was struggled to reach her cell phone inside her hand bag. Once the phone was on her hand, she made a quick search to get the driver’s phone number.

    “Anio! Madam Kahi, please don’t call the driver.” Tiffany grabbed her arm. Madam Kahi rolled her eyes and fell into silent of awkwardness.

     “Madam Kahi, please don’t call the driver. I still want to be here. Yuri unnie…” Tiffany shook the woman’s arm. Madam Kahi was lured by that innocent face of Tiffany. Then, Tiffany released her hand from Madam Kahi’s arm.

   “Please…I’m begging you Madam Kahi.” Tiffany bowed down and she suddenly kneeled down to the floor but Madam Kahi managed to catch her body.

     “Yah, Tiffany! Please don’t do-“

“Now, get up. I’m going to chase you away if you dare to kneel down in front of me.”

Tiffany wiped the tears on her face. Madam Kahi shook her head. She had to give up over the girl’s decision.

    “Gomawo, Madam Kahi.” Tiffany said happily. Madam Kahi replied the smile and she pulled Tiffany into her embrace.

   “Aigoo…Pany-ah. You’re strong girl that I’ve known. You don’t deserve to be in tears like this. You’re pity kid.” Madam Kahi patted the girl on her back. Tiffany was tightened the hug and she struggled at her very best to control herself from crying.

    “Madam Kahi, you must be tired. Look at your face, it’s so pale. You should take an enough rest.” Tiffany grasped the woman hand. Madam Kahi smiled.

    “Anio, it’s okay. It’s my job to look after Yuri.

Tiffany nodded. “And it’s my job too.” Tiffany gave out her warm smile and the woman seemed so speechless.

     “Tiffany-ah…” There was a long pause.

“Madam Kahi, please take a rest and I don’t want you to get sick. And please not forget to eat.” Tiffany leaned closer to the woman.

   “You’ve been here for a night stay.” Tiffany added.

“Let me look after Yuri unnie. I’ll make this as my turn.” Tiffany stated. Madam Kahi grinned in awkwardness for a moment.

    “Tiffany-ah, you don’t have to because this is my job.”

“Anio, you should go home and take a rest. If you’ll get sick, we’re going to be in trouble, Madam Kahi. I’m pretty sure you don’t want me to be here frequently and escaping my class, right?” Tiffany had to trick the woman. Madam Kahi fell into silent. She was in twisted.

    “Alright, but you have to promise me one thing.”

Tiffany seemed so excited. “Yes, what is it?” She was impatient and clasping all her fingers as her wish had come true.

    “You may come here but after school hours. Can you do that?” Tiffany’s smiles faded away.

“Oh…yes, I can.” She grinned but deep inside of her heart she was so thankful to God because she can take care of her step sister.

       “Now, let it be my turn to take care of her.” Tiffany told the same things to Madam Kahi once again. The woman nodded her head.

     “Arrasso. It’s your turn but you know what to do right if there’ll be a problem? Just press the red button beside the bed. It’s an emergency button and the nurse will come.” Tiffany nodded her head and smiled broadly. Madam Kahi finally left the place.

    Tiffany turned her head around and she stared at the unconscious Yuri on the hospital bed. She sat beside the bed.

    “Unnie, it’s me Tiffany. Can you hear me?” Tiffany whispered into Yuri’s ear.

“I’m going to accompany you today. Madam Kahi had just left and she needs a lot of rest. Now, it’s only you and me inside this room.”

   “Unnie, don’t worry. I’m not going to let you be alone. I know you’re hurt. This is hurt right?” She touched Yuri’s hand and grasped it.”

The whole morning, she did everything in order to keep her step sister in comfortable.

     Tiffany glanced at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter