My Girl

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijrpGQD6aLQ

----

 

The sun rose high in the sky. Birds began to chirp, and the streets became congested with heavy morning traffic. Strips of sunlight spread across the living room. On the couch, two figures were serenely asleep in their own blissful world.

After Kris’s heartfelt confession last night and Jungah had checked her heart, the two had fallen asleep on her couch. She was sitting between his legs with her back aligned with his chest and her head resting against his shoulder. His arms were lightly cradling her with his right arm protectively over her healing one. His back was to the arm of the couch and his head lay against the cool leather.

Their hearts drummed steadily as one, and they were both engulfed by the peaceful, beautiful moment.

The sun rose a little higher, causing the sunlight to hit Jungah directly in the face. Her face scrunched up at the sudden burst of light. *What the heck?* Her eyes fluttered open and met directly with the sunlight. *Aish.* She squirmed in annoyance then stopped. Her eyes rounded in alarm. *Hold up. I’m not in my bed.*

Jungah shifted her gaze downwards to see a foreign pair of arms around her. The hair on her back bristled in warning. Slowly, she turned her head and stopped. *Kris.*

The events from last night came reeling back into her mind at once.

The gift. The confession. The kiss.

The last memory made her cheeks flush hotly. *So I wasn’t dreaking. He really did confess to me…and I really did accept him.*

Jungah looked down at Kris’ right hand draped over her own right hand. Their rings dazzled in the sunlight. A soft, warm look came upon her face, and she lightly their rings. *So pretty.* Jungah glanced back, and her expression softened even more. *Huh. Strange how he looks even better when sleeping.* He was like a serene, handsome sleeping prince.

She had a strong urge to touch his pale cheek.

*Just one poke…* Jungah reached out.

At that moment, his eyebrows furrowed, and he began to stir.

*!* Her eyes widened in alarm. She looked around in panic. *What the hell do I do?! If he wakes up and he sees that I’m awake, I’m scrwed!* She couldn’t pick which one was worse.

The awkward silence or his satisfied smirk.

Right before his eyes opened, her body reacted by slumping back against him and feigning sleepiness. She hoped he wouldn’t feel her racing heart. *Just don’t move.* Her eyebrow twitched, and she bit her bottom lip once.

Jungah felt Kris waking up. She acted as if she was asleep. *Please don’t let him find out that I’m awake! Crap! ! I hate this acting !*

Kris opened his eyes. He looked around the room and rubbed his groggy eye. *Where am I?* Kris looked down and saw Jungah ‘fast asleep’. His face lit up in recognition. *Han Jungah.* Kris glanced down at his hand with a warm smile. *So I wasn’t dreaming. You really are mine now.* Surreal happiness and warmth stretched across his stiff body. His arm felt numb from holding Jungah all night long, but he didn’t even mind since his happiness overrode the feeling.

*What time is it?* Kris glanced at his watch. *Crap. I hate it, but I have to go. I don’t want to postpone the deals anymore.* Very attentively and quietly, Kris slid out from behind Jungah. Her eyebrows slightly pinched together in together. *Where is he going?*

With great care, Kris took her upperbody and lay her down flatly on the couch with a cushion to support her head. Jungah didn’t feel any movement. Yet, she could feel his shadow looming over her. *I can’t stand it. If he keeps standing there, I’m going to explode! I’ll give away my act soon. .* Jungah squirmed a bit.

Kris touched her forehead, and she clammed up. “Jungah.” He whispered.

*Crap! ! Did he find out?! . I knew I was a horrible actress.* She thought. Before she could admit her pathetic attempt to act asleep, Kris softly spoke, “Happy 19th birthday. Wo ai ni.”

Her cheeks warmed. *I’m pretty sure that means ‘I love you’…no?*

Kris ben

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter