Meeting Woo Jiho

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_rySdY2jMk 

-----

The blissful weekend was over, and Jungah was back at school on Monday morning.

Kris entered the room, and she suddenly grew nervous and rigid. His eyes landed on her.

She didn’t move. She didn’t even dare breathe.

A small smirk curved his lips upwards, and he began to walk towards her.

*Shoot.* She thought.

Kris sat at his desk. He looked her way. “Hey.”

“…Hey.” Jungah felt her blood rush through her body as a billion questions filled her mind. *Why is he acting so normal? He’s acting as if he didn’t see me this weekend. Was I hallucinating? But it was him at the resort. Why isn’t he asking more questions? What was he doing there in the first place? Was it really because of vacation? Why didn’t I bother to question him more? And why the he staring at me like that?* Slowly, she turned her head and locked eyes with him. “W-what?” Jungah tried to appear cool and calm although she was confused and unfocused.

“Nothing.” Kris faced the board. Her eyebrows pinched together in bafflement. *What the hell is his problem? I’m pretty sure it wasn’t ‘nothing’.*

Mr. Kim came in and another lackluster lecture began.

Halfway through the lecture, Jungah received a message. She assumed it was from Zico, but surprisingly it was from her desk partner. Jungah glanced at him. Kris’s eyes were focused on the board, but they were too slyly shiny to be paying attention to the boring mathematics. Jungah glanced down at her message. ‘Coffee after school.’

She raised an eyebrow and texted back. Kris checked his vibrating phone.

‘Go by yourself.’

‘Did you forget? You promised to buy me coffee for the pizza last time.’

‘I didn’t promise . You forced it on me.’ She wrote back. He smirked. *Stubborn.*

The bell rang, and it was time for the next class. Mr. Kim left, and there were three minutes left until the language teacher came in.

Kris immediately turned to Jungah, “Where do you want to go for coffee?”

She blinked at her phone a few times and scrolled through me, “Oh, my bad. I thought I rejected your . Oh, look. There’s the evidence.” She pointed the sent message at him.

Kris smirked. Jungah shot him a look and stood up. He grabbed her wrist. She glared down at him.

“Coffee. After school. Across the street at Espresso House.” Kris said.

Jungah tried to twist away, “I told you. I don’t like coffee-“

“I’m pretty sure they sell something else besides coffee there.” Kris said, amused.

Jungah narrowed her eyes, “Mocking me won’t make me go with you.”

Kris stared right at her, “If I stop mocking you, you’ll come?”

She scowled. *It was a damn ambush. What an . He always does this to me.*

The teacher stepped in. “All right, folks. Turn the page to 271.” She began to erase the chalkboard.

Jungah plunked down back in her seat and sullenly crossed her arms. “Because of you, I couldn’t piss. Thanks.”

“They have a toilet at Espresso House.” Kris said.

“I’m not waiting until after school.” She glowered in annoyance. He smirked, “So I take that as a yes?”

Jungah grabbed her book, yanked the page open, and buried her nose in it. Kris smiled in satisfaction. *She said yes.*

 ----------

The dismissal bell rang.

*Now!* Jungah quickly picked up her backpack and darted out of the room.

Kris smirked. *You can run, but you can’t hide.*

Jungah left the school and glanced back. Kris was nowhere in sight. She sighed in relief. *Thank God. Damn, that jerk is annoying as hell. So freaking stubborn.* Jungah shook her head and turned the corner only to shriek out loud.

Kris raised an eyebrow, “Does my face stun you that much?”

“How the hell did you get here so fast?!” She sneered. “There are ways.” He glanced at the wall.

*Screw you.* Jungah walked past him. “Espresso House is that way.” Kris pointed.

“Have fun by yourself.” She growled. He caught up with her, “Was there another coffee house you had in mind?”

Jungah halted and glared at him, “What’s your problem? I said no. No means no, you douchebag. So get the hell out of my way.”

“Who was that guy in your picture?” Kris swiftly changed topics.

“What picture?” She growled. “You know. The Polaroid picture up in the mountain this weekend.” He stated.

Jungah froze. She stared at him wide-eyed. *So I hadn’t imagined seeing him.*

“You two look close. Who is he to you?” Kris asked. He was mostly serious. A part of him- a big, burning part- wanted to know. *Tell me I was mistaken at the lake. Tell me you’re not in love with him.*

Jungah looked away, “Someone.” “Elaborate.” Kris crossed his arms.

She swallowed hard. “Is he someone that important? Or…is there something you can’t mention to him about me…or anyone else?” He asked.

Jungah’s startled eyes flashed at him. Kris stared right back.

For a moment, she was speechless. Then she grew defensive, “Why are you asking anyways? It’s not any of your business!”

“You made it my business,” *When you came into my heart.* “When I picked up the photo.” Kris stated.

Jungah uncomfortably diverted her gaze somewhere else. Kris stepped closer, “How about we make a deal? You come with me to get coffee or whatever damn drink you want…and I won’t ask you about the guy in your photo. Agree?” Jungah shifted her gaze up at him. Then after a few seconds, she nodded, “…Agree.”

Kris gave her a small smile, “Good. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter