Prepare For Payback

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRnjNgoi6_c

-----

 

It had been several days since Jungah had left the world.

Kris couldn’t bear to go to her funeral.

Realizing that she was cremated into nothing but powder was hard to believe. She had died in his arms, yet he couldn’t accept her death.

Playing with Jungah’s couple ring between his long fingers, he stepped into the elevator of the Namsan Tower.

The elevator zoomed upwards to the very top floor. The doors slid open, and he stepped out.

It was a dreary, gray day. Ever since Jungah’s death, it had been raining every day. Maybe the sky was lamenting her death also. There weren’t many people at the Namsan Tower because of the weather. Kris slowly walked across the rooftop. He reached his hand out. Several padlocks touched his fingertips as his hand swept by.

Kris stopped in front of his padlock. He turned around and read what he had written.

Jungah, the name that would forever be embedded in his heart.

Kris looked up and turned his head. *I wonder what Jungah had written on that day.* He walked down the row and searched for her name and writing. At last, he found her padlock. To his dismay, it had been a message to Zico. *Of course. She had still been in love with him at that time.*

Kris placed the lock back down and turned to go. However, a recognizable writing on a padlock next to that one caught his eye. Curious, he tilted his head and reached out for the lock. *Did Jungah write two that day? I don’t remember.* 

Kris turned the padlock over and read the memo. The words were simple, but sincere, and they perforated his heart.

“Falling for you was never the plan. Yet, it might have been the best mistake of my life. Thank you for teaching me what love truly is. Saranghae, Kris. Forever and always, you will be the one in my heart. –Jungah.”

Kris felt a deep, profound emotion in his heart. Now, he knew. He had been the one who had always been in her heart. She had loved him dearly. He had been mistaken to ever accuse her. Kris fell onto his knees. His hands constricted into fists. He lowered his head and squeezed his eyes shut as tears slipped down his face. He yelled into the sky in fury then broke into a devastating sob.

*Jungah, my Jungah. How can I ever let you go like this? You were my world, my everything, my life. And now you’re gone. What purpose is there for me to go on anymore?*

Kris opened his eyes and glared at the ground.

The more he thought of Liang, the more wrathful he felt. He couldn’t let Liang go without any consequences.

Liang had ruined his life more than enough times. This was the final straw.

By taking Jungah’s life, Liang had taken everything from him.

Kris squeezed his fists in determination. *I’m coming for you, Liang. This time, I’m coming for the revenge. I won’t fail. Before my last breath, I swear, I’ll get you back for taking her life.*

---------

Kris packed up everything and left to China. There was no reason for him to stay in Korea anymore.

Kris looked out the airplane window and glanced down at Jungah’s ring on his left ring finger. He twisted it around his finger with soft eyes. *Don’t worry, baobei. I’m going to make sure your effort wasn’t in vain. I’ll get revenge for both you and Zico. I’ll take care of everything. All you have to do is wait in peace.*

The airplane landed in the airport.

Kris slipped his sunglasses on and strode out of the airplane. Each step he took was resolute and strong-willed.

The first thing Kris did was go back to his original house. He didn’t bother unpacking. He took a long, hot shower and dressed into clean, impeccable attire.

Kris watched himself in the mirror. His hair had been combed into a neat, side parting. He slipped black cufflinks into the cuffs of his white dress shirt. Kris clasped his watch on and slipped the couple rings back onto his fingers. He s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter