Where Are You?

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h5JjO6rnrI

-----

Kris darted into Brandnew Stardom High School. He had been in such a rush to come see Jungah that he had almost forgotten his backpack. Kris raced up the stairs two at a time, and skidded to a stop in front of his homeroom. He caught his breath and shoved open the door.

The students looked up as he burst inside.

Kris ignored all the stares. His gaze automatically fixed on Jungah’s empty desk. His eyes widened. *She’s not here yet?*

There was a cough amongst the students.

Kris realized that all eyes were on him. He cleared his throat as he straightened up. Heart pounding, he slipped one hand into his pocket and casually strode towards his seat. Kris glanced at the vacant desk beside his to make sure his eyes weren’t tricking him. *Where are you, Han Jungah? You’re usually here earlier than I am…* He felt stares probing him.

Kris whipped his head forward.

Automatically, the students looked away.

Yet, the murmurs wouldn’t stop.

Kris furrowed his eyebrow in annoyance. *Is it just me, or are they talking about me more than usual? I thought we were past all the surprise. Jungah and I are nothing new. Don’t students here have something better to be preoccupied with?*

The bell rang. The last of the students filed inside and sat down.

Mr. Kim came in, “Let’s start the day with attendance!”

Kris straightened up and looked around the room. *But Jungah still isn’t here. She better hurry if she doesn’t want to be marked tardy.*

Yet, until the end of roll call, Jungah never came.

Kris slumped in his seat. *Where is she? She didn’t answer my calls or answer my messages. Now, she didn’t even come to school. Is something wrong?*

The day dragged by slowly without Jungah.

During break, Kris went to an empty section of the school and called Jungah again. *Damn it, Han Jungah. Answer your damn phone!* As usual, it was off. Kris snapped his phone shut in anger. *What the hell?! Why won’t she answer?! She better not be avoiding me again.* He headed towards the staircase when he heard a circle of juniors gossiping. He wouldn’t have minded them, except they just had to mention Jungah.

Kris stopped in his tracks and listened.

“Man! I wish I was there on Friday to see Wonsuk bringing that down!”

“He always knows how to put the tramp back in his place!”

The boys broke into laughter.

Kris deeply frowned. He didn’t think it was funny at all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter