In The Library

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9btm41jN-s

----

The grammar instructor was going over different problems in her monotone voice. She pushed up her glasses and mumbled a few pointers on how to write better sentence structures.

Hardly anyone was listening. Most of the class was asleep.

Kris was looking through his event calendar on his phone. *I’m supposed to meet Viper’s leader today and finalize the payment.* Suddenly, he received a text message.

JUNGAH.

He blinked in surprise and glanced at the girl next to him.

Jungah watched the chalkboard with a bored expression.

Kris raised an eyebrow. *Why did she send me a message?* He opened it. ‘You brought your laptop?’

‘Yeah.’ He texted back.

A reply came right back. ‘Meet me in the library after school.’

Kris raised an eyebrow. *Really? Doesn’t she even consider the fact that I may have plans already?* ‘What if I say no?’ He crossed his arms and waited for a reply. It came five seconds later. ‘Screw you.’

Kris smirked. Jungah’s expression didn’t change at all.

The dismissal bell rang, and everyone was free to go. Kris stopped by his locker then went into the empty school library. Jungah was sitting on one of the black tables with her backpack and the Encyclopedia lain out. Kris crossed his arms and leaned against the bookshelf. He stared at her. He knew she knew he was there.

Without looking up, Jungah held out her hand, “Give me your laptop. If you have someplace to go, go. I won’t stop you. I’ll finish up the rest of the project.”

“And what about my laptop?” Kris asked.

“I’ll return it to you tomorrow.” Jungah said.

Kris uncrossed his arms and walked over. He sat next to her and pulled out his laptop. “I’ll just stay until you’re done.”

“Are you afraid I’ll steal your laptop?” She snorted. “No, I’m afraid you’ll look at my .” He sarcastically bit.

Jungah shot him a look. Kris stared back.

*Whatever. Sick ert.* Shaking her head, she rolled her eyes and opened up the laptop. Jungah began to finish the project as Kris waited. He texted the Viper leader that he may be thirty minutes late. Kris shut his phone and glanced at Jungah and the laptop. *I still have to go home and change. I can’t show up to a meeting with the Vipers in a school uniform. When will she be done?*

Jungah tossed the encyclopedia at him. Kris caught it just in time but blinked in puzzlement. “If you want me to hurry up, hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter