The Death Of Another

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME2yp8bQIzc

-----

Kris fled out of his house.

As soon as he had heard Tao say the names ‘Liang’ and ‘Jungah’ in the same sentence, he had grabbed his keys and headed out the door.

Kris jumped into his car and started the engine. With determination and speed, he raced towards the Incheon Port.

Kris stepped on the gas and drove on the maxiumum speed. He gripped his steering wheel in uneasiness.

Kris had been in the middle of packing when Tao had called. He was going to head back to China the next day, just like Jungah had wanted him to.

Or at least, that’s what he had thought previously.

But now, he knew why she had cut him out of her life so severely like that.

Kris slammed his palm over the steering wheel in frustration. *Is that why you wanted me out of your life, Han Jungah?! Just so that you can go kill yourself?! God, you idiot! If you die now, I won’t forgive you. Please don’t do anything stupid until I get there. Han Jungah, wait for me.* He sped down the road to beat heavy traffic.

------

“GET THOSE TWO!” Men roared.

Holding hands, Jungah and Jaehyo raced down the road between the shipments of goods. She dared a glance back.

“Don’t look back! Just keep going!” Her brother hissed.

Jungah obediently faced forward.

“Over here!” Jaehyo yanked her to the right.

 They clambered between the large red, green, and blue containers of ship parts. Jungah and Jaehyo sank into a shadowy dip. She struggled to catch her breath but tried not to pant too loudly. He looked around his vicinity as his mind scrambled for an escape route.

Jaehyo turned to see Jungah. He had always seen her so angry, sarcastic, and strong. Curled up next to him with an ashen, bruised face, she looked tiny and helpless. He had a strong urge to protect her. He wanted to finally play his role as a big brother.

Jaehyo squeezed her hand.

Jungah turned her head and looked up at him.

His eyes were kind and gentle.

Jungah clung onto his hand. Although she had foolishly put him in danger, she was glad he was by her side. *It’s just you and me, oppa. We have to do this for Zico.*

Their bond was broken by loud cries nearby. Their eyes rounded in panic.

“They’re heading this way. Quick! Give me the gun!” Jaehyo ordered.

“The gun?” Jungah stared at him, “But I-“

“Better me than you. I know how to use one. You don’t. Now hurry before they come!” He urged. She took out her gun from her back and handed it to him.

Jaehyo clicked the gun into place. Gravely, he looked her in the eyes, “When I tell you to go, I need you to run.”

“But-“

“Don’t disagree with me. This is my first order as your older brother.” Jaehyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter