Reunited

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaOEtbjx-ns

----

After taking a long, hot shower, Jungah changed into clean clothes and headed out. She took  a bus to Central Seoul. Jungah gracefully hopped out of the bus and looked up to the lofty Namsan Tower.

The memory of coming here with Kris warmed her heart.

Her left hand automatically touched the couple ring on her right finger. She twisted it while absentmindedly staring at the ground. The brush of someone’s shoulder made her snap out of her trance.

With a deep breath, Jungah entered the tower. She rode the elevator all the way to the top of the building.

There weren’t many people since it was a dreary, cold day to be somewhere high up near the gloomy sky. The clouds were heavy and gray, and it seemed as if rain would pour of the sky any second.

Jungah walked along the gate that was filled with hundreds of padlocks. A few messages caught her eye.

Most was about love.

Jungah spotted familiar writing and stopped. Her eyes rounded as she picked up the padlock with great care. *This is Kris’s…I never got to read what he had written.* She turned the padlock and read his writing. There was one simple, but heartfelt word on the padlock.

Her name.

An overwhelming sensation of warmth, longing, and love filled her heart and formed a lump in . *Even back then, he was thinking of me. He loved me. He loves me.*

Jungah released the padlock. She walked to the other end of the wall, where she had left her padlock. She read what she had written that day. ‘I’ll always be there for you, even if you won’t be there for me, Woo Jiho.’

*It’s true. I will. But…* Jungah glanced back towards Kris’s lonely padlock hanging onto the metal. *I think I need to write something for Kris as well…* She went to get a padlock and marker. Jungah thought for a while about what to write. She wanted something meaningful, deep, yet simple.

Finally, she just decided to write what was in her heart.

Satisfied, Jungah locked the padlock into place. She watched it dangle for a couple minutes and began to feel more and more at peace. When she felt tranquil enough to start over, Jungah turned around and exited the building.

----

It was night by the time Jungah had arrived in her neighborhood. She wasn’t in a hurry to get anywhere. Leisurely, bit by bit, she walked up the hill and towards her dark, empty apartment.

Strangely, Kris hadn’t contacted her once that day. *Maybe he grew tired of waiting for me. I couldn’t blame him.*

Jungah sighed. She walked across the parking lot and looked up without much thought. Jungah stopped when she saw a familiar orange car. Standing against the car was Kris himself.

He kicked the dirt at his feet with his hands in the pockets of his jeans. Despite the dark circles underneath his eyes, he looked more than handsome in his white button-down dress shirt and dark jeans.

Her eyes softened. *Why are you wasting your time being miserable over someone like me? What am I worth to you that I control your happiness? You stupid, foolish boy.*

Kris felt her eyes on him. He could sense her there, in front of him, watching him. Slowly, he lifted his gaze to meet hers.

For a moment, neither exchanged words. They just stared at each other with a mix of emotions in their eyes.

Both wanted to run and catch each other in a breathtaking embrace. Yet, both wanted to run away from the awkwardness. This was the first time they had met after that night. There was a restless silence between them.

Before the pit of awkwardness could swallow them up, Kris took a hesitating step towards her.

He was careful. He was scared. He didn’t want her to run away again.

When Jungah didn’t move, Kris walked towards her. He stopped a few feet away. “Were you with Zico all this time?” Kris whispered.

Her eyes flickered in surprise. *How did he know I was with Zico?* Yet, her face showed no emotion. Jungah finally shook her head. “No, I wasn’t.”

Kris exhaled in relief. Yet, he still felt dejected at how you didn’t deny being with him at all. “Why haven’t you answered my calls?” Kris croaked. “Didn’t you…didn’t you see how many times I called you? Why haven’t you answered any of them?”

“I needed time to think.” Jungah quietly whispered without meeting his eyes.

“You could have at least texted me to let me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter