The Promise He Should Have Never Made

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TupkR0vlhA

-----

“Come on! Kill that monster! Die! Die! Die!” U-Kwon jabbed his controller.

“NOOO!” Taeil moaned.

P.O. guffawed as he shoved popcorn into his mouth.

At that moment in time, Block B was seniors in high school, and Jungah was merely a freshman. All eight of them were at U-Kwon’s house on a Friday night.

“Heck yeah! Who is the boss?” U-Kwon hi-fived Kyung.

“Move, hyung. I’ll beat U-Kwon hyung for you.” P.O. sat in Taeil’s place.

“Pfft. You wish, gigantic maknae. You’re nothing but a tadpole to me. I can beat you with one hand tied behind my back.” U-Kwon confidentally stated.

“We’ll see.” P.O. reset the game.

Zico laughed at their friendly banter.

“Looks like someone grew bored of the game.” B-Bomb chuckled. “Muh?!” U-Kwon asked in outrage with his eyes glued on the screen. B-Bomb glanced back with a snicker, “Uh, Zico? Your stepsister fell asleep.”

Zico looked up from the armchair. Jungah was asleep on the couch in the back with her head on Jaehyo’s lap. His arms were crossed with a sulking expression.

“Don’t make that face, Jaehyo hyung. You look like Jungah’s doppelganger.” Kyung shuddered.

“Don’t sprout such nonsense . What the hell are you doing just sitting there, Woo Jiho? Come take your freaking sister off my lap. Her head is as heavy as metal.” Jaehyo shifted his lap. Jungah began to move in her sleep.

Zico swiftly got up and held one hand out, “Easy, hyung. She’ll wake up.” He placed his soda can on the table and walked over. Zico slipped his arms under Jungah. She clutched onto Jaehyo’s knee reflexively. He stiffened and glared at her.

“Zico.” Jungah mumbled.

Zico chuckled, “Sweetie, that ain’t me. That’s Jaehyo hyung.” He sat her up and crouched down in front of her.

“Jaehyo…ick.” She mumbled.

“PUHAHA! DID YOU HEAR THAT HYUNG? SHE EVEN HATES YOU IN HER SLEEP!” Kyung pointed and laughed.

“The feelings are mutual.” Jaehyo sneered.

“A little help someone?” Zico asked.

Jaehyo rolled hs eyes. Gently with rough hands, he helped her onto Zico’s back.

Zico lifted her up, “Kyung, get my jacket and put it over Jungah. Make sure it doesn’t’ fall.” “Araso.” Kyung safely tucked the black hoodie over Jungah. “I’m going first. Later.” Zico said his farewell and left the house. He walked down the cold, dark night street. Zico glanced back at Jungah to make sure she was safe. Her arms unconsciously wound tighter around his neck, and she snuggled into his broad, heated back.

Zico affectionately smiled. “We’ll almost be home, Jungie Jungie. Let’s get you into your nice, toasty bed.”

When they came home, no one else was home. Zico carried Jungah to her room and carefully laid her on the bed. He removed her red converses from her feet and draped the blanket over her thin figure. “Whew.” Zico pluked down on the edge of her bed. He shifted his attention towards her face, and his eyes softened automatically.

A powerful surge of warm, tender emotions bubbled out from his heart.

*This is what it feels like to be in love.*

Zico never knew his stepsister would be his first love. It wasn’t love at first sight or anything. When he first saw Jungah, he truly wanted to be a good brother. However, day by day, she began to intrude his heart. *Ever since one day…you came into my heart Han Jungah. Your rare smiles make my heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter