Wo Ai Ni

The Bittersweet Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFDHbCGod7I

----

Kris and Jungah were sitting on the couch facing each other.

No words were spoken. Comfortable silence fell over the room.

They sat in the comfortable atmosphere just gazing at each other. They had been apart for far too long.

Kris searched Jungah’s facial features, and his heart became peaceful at once. *It’s only been one week since I’ve last seen you. Yet, it feels like years to me. When you were gone, time wouldn’t move. There was no purpose for me to be at school. There was no reason for me to smile. What do I do? I can’t seem to be content anymore without seeing you. What have you done to me, Han Jungah? You turned me into a completely useless, lovestruck fool.*

Jungah stared at his handsome, sharp face. Her heart fell full and content once again. She had been restless during the Jeju trip, but now she really felt at home.

A stray hair fell across her eyes.

Kris sat up, propped his elbow on top of the couch, and rested his cheek on his knuckles. Tentatively, he reached out and brushed her hair away from her face. The back of his fingers grazed her cheek, and it flushed automatically at his touch.

Jungah became puzzled by her mysterious reaction to his touches. *That’s strange. I only act like this around Zico. But this is Kirs. Not Zico…* Her stomach did a small flip-flop.

“What are you thinking about?” Kris asked. He was genuinely curious of what was going on through her complex, intricate mind.

Jungah lightly shrugged, “Nothing.” She rested her right shoulder against the sofa and leaned her head against the cool leather. She couldn’t prop up her elbow like Kris because her arm was broken. *Damn arm. I can’t do the simplest things.* Jungah fidgeted nonstop because of the awkward position.

Kris slowly straightened up. He searched her actions and realized she was uncomfortable.

Jungah blew a frustrated breath and just plunked her head back down on the sofa. *Whatever. I give up.*

Suddenly, Kris reached his hand out towards her. Jungah gave him a confused, inquiring look. He slipped his hand between her head and the couch and scooted closer. Her eyebrows pinched together in uncertainty. *What is he trying to do?* Carefully, he propped his elbow on the sofa and lifted her head up so that he was holding her head up. Her eyes softened in understanding. *He’s trying to be my right arm so that he can hold my head up.*

“Better?” Kris whispered as he gazed deeply into her eyes.

Slowly, Jungah nodded. “But my head is heavier than the average person’s.” She tried to sit up, but he laid her head back on his palm. “I can manage.”

Jungah shrugged, but her heart was pounding louder than ever, “Suit yourself. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

It was silent again. Then abruptly, Kris asked, “Why did you do it?”

“Do what?” Jungah asked.

“Protect me.” He stated. She dropped her gaze to the floor. “I honestly…don’t know.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter