Winter Break Party

I Wish...

There was snow everywhere in Nicole's house. Yes, I said in. Nicole, dubbed the Queen of Parties by her friends, had gotten permission to set up the dance studio in her house like a winter wonderland, with piles of fake snow everywhere and cut out snowflakes hanging from the ceiling. There was a metal archway in the entrance to the room, which had fake ivy covered in more fake snow twining around it. At the very top, there was some fake mistletoe. Nicole was thinking of Sohee and Minhyun when she added that, hoping to see them become more than friends that night. To the west wing of the room, massive piles of fake presents were set up beneath a large tree. A train set was whistling around the trunk. Each present was loaded with candy and chips of every kind she could get her hands on. Nicole decided not to cover up the mirrors in the studio, but instead put nice drapes around them that she could move at will. She also cleared out a space in the snow for a little bit of a dance floor. The boombox, controlling all the music, was disguised as one of the presents. It was a brilliant party, and it was time for guests to arrive, so Nicole pretended to be busy rearranging presents.

A knock on the door came, and in walked T.O.P and Baekhyun without any form of invitation whatsoever. They stood in awe right below the mistletoe, and T.O.P stepped quickly out from underneath the arch, laughing at the stupidity. Nicole pouted in retaliation. The three talked for awhile about how nice the party was until Sohee and CL arrived, also amazed, and handed out presents to their friends from the both of them. "Here, T.O.P. And there's one for you two also~" Sohee was pretty proud of herself. After being up all last night wrapping and buying presents, she had managed to find the perfect gifts for all of her best friends. CL, forgetful as always, just signed her name on all of the cards. "Come on, open them!" Sohee chanted at them.

T.O.P opened his present first, a small box wrapped in blue wrapping paper. He was amazed as he lifted up a phone case that had a mirror on the back. He hugged both of the girls. "So now you don't have to go into an app in your phone. It's just a lot quicker now to fix your hair!" CL laughed and poked T.O.P. 

Baekhyun was next, and he was somewhat tentative about opening his present. It was a resonably bigger present, with green striped wrapping paper. It was a picture of the entire friend group, all six of them, standing together and posing in the hallway in one of the first days of school that year. The picture had an elegant silver frame around it. Baekhyun smiled widely and hugged his friends in thanks. He set the picture on a small table in the room for everyone to see as Nicole started to unwrap her present.

She gasped as she held in her hands the newest Legend of Zelda video game in her hands. "I think you'll like this one," Sohee said as Nicole squealed with excitement. "It comes with the English version too, so now you can finally learn more English to play more video games." Nicole hugged Sohee and CL. A knock on the door came, and Minhyun walked through the door to the happiness of the rest of the guests. Sohee handed him his present, and he unwrapped it with the two of them under the mistletoe. CL gasped, but neither one of them acknowledged it. The present was another picture, but it was of Baekhyun and Minhyun, considering the two of them were the closest guy friends in the group. Minhyun quickly said a thanks and stepped out of the archway, pushing past Sohee as a group of about three more people came through the door.

Gyuri looked like some winter in a short white skirt and low cut light pink tank top with some sort of small veil around her eyes that was attached to a headband. Jessica and Hyuna didn't look that much better, both with matching outfits but without the veil and plus black three inch heels. "Sorry, but Minhyun invited us to the party, so we're here." Gyuri spoke matter-of-factly.

The entire group stood with their jaws gaping at the three populars, who had, for some reason, decided to attend their party instead of the hundreds of other people's that were literally begging for them to come. Sohee didn't want to be rude, but the words just fell out of . "Why are you here?!"

Jessica scoffed at Sohee and walked right into the room, taking a chip from one of the open presents and popping it into . "Because, Sohee. Minhyun said it wouldn't be much of a party without us." The group now looked incredulously at Minhyun, but his head was dangling with defeat. Nicole decided she'd question him about it later. CL instead ran over to the present that was the boombox and turned it on. A CD rang out with all of the friend group's favorite songs that Nicole had put together. The next couple seconds were super awkward, to say the least, as the two groups just sort of stood and looked at each other like the boys and girls would do at a middle school dance. Hyuna then walked right over to the food, only somewhat breaking the ice.

It was a couple more minutes of just the populars eating and the BCMNST friend group talking until Sohee's favorite song, Wannabe, came on. Jessica stopped eating to look over at them with a genuine smile. "You guys like this song, too? I thought I was the only one!"

T.O.P decided to speak next. "Yeah, we all know the dance. The girls know it the best, but they got us to dance with them one time. It was pretty hilarious." Everyone in the room laughed, with the exception of Gyuri. "Wait. I'm going to start it over. Lets put our girls versus you three in a dance battle!" The friend group clapped and so did the populars. CL, Nicole, and Sohee took their places to dance to the first verse and chorus of the song. 

To say the least, the populars were pretty good. Gyuri had a problem with being too y, but Jessica and Hyuna danced flawlessly. CL and Nicole and Sohee were good matches for them, but in the end, the boys had voted to have Hyuna and Nicole have a dance off. It was quite interesting, watching the two best dancers in the room compete. In the end, the room had voted and it was a tie. The two dancers congratulated each other and the mood lightened considerably. "Girls, let's go. We need to get to Yenny's party." Gyuri announced. Hyuna and Jessica shook their heads, signifying that they wanted to stay, to the great surprise of the rest of the people. Gyuri scoffed and ran out of the room, not even bothering to thank Nicole.

"HALLELUIA, the devil has exited the building!" Baekhyun pracitcally yelled. His friend group laughed loudly and all went to dance. Hyuna and Jessica looked around uncomfortably, but decided to dance with them anyway.

Three hours later, most of the food was gone, and the party was drawing to a close. The entire group of people were sitting in a circle, with Jessica sitting inbetween Sohee and T.O.P and Hyuna sitting between Nicole and Baekhyun. Everyone there seemed fairly happy about the two new friends, and they were all bonding and sharing stories. Sohee took out her camera and took a large group picture. "I'll frame this and get two copies for you two." She said, motioning to Hyuna and Jessica. They both said thanks.

"I'm so grateful you all came to my party. Who knew we'd all be friends?" Nicole laughed.  "Unfortunately though, my mom just texted me and told me that it was too loud down here, so we all have to clear out-"

"How about one final dance? A slow song?" T.O.P said. "Except there are five girls and three guys, haha." Everyone else in the room counted and affirmed the numbers. But instead of leaving, Sohee walked over and put on a slow song on the CD that was her favorite. T.O.P started it off by surprisingly asking Hyuna to dance with him, to the dismay of both Sohee and CL. Nicole motioned for Sohee to go dance with Minhyun, and before any of them new it, she had pushed Sohee right into Minhyun's arms. Baekhyun stood there, surrounded by Jessica, Nicole, and CL, and chose to dance with Jessica. Nicole and CL just laughed at his awkwardness and danced with each other.

Hyuna was dancing as gracefully as ever with T.O.P, and even though he wasn't too good at dancing, she lead him flawlessly. Minhyun and Sohee just kind of awkwardly swayed, refusing to look directly at each other because of what had happened before. Baekhyun and Jessica were hitting it off, and talking about music and movies while they were dancing almost as perfectly as Hyuna and T.O.P were. Nicole and CL kept on rotating so they could see Minhyun and Sohee and the two of them prayed something would happen, while Minhyun and Sohee prayed nothing would happen.

Minhyun left first, saying goodbye to Nicole and thanking her for the amazing party. Sohee was right after him, making up some excuse to leave when she had none, and was followed quite stealthily by CL. As Nicole was saying goodbye to T.O.P, she could swear she saw Baekhyun kiss Jessica on the cheek, but he was also gone before she could check again.

"So...do you two wanna sleep over tonight?" Nicole asked Hyuna and Jessica politely, trying to be curt and friendly.

Thankfully for Nicole, they declined. "We should probably be getting back to Gyuri. She'll be worried that you guys contaminated us or something." Hyuna laughed.

"Yeah, but we'll definitely take up the offer another time. Maybe in a couple days? Gyuri and Minhyun are on vacation, so all of us girls should get together!" Jessica said, happy to be invited. Nicole felt angry that she had always hated these girls, because they now seemed to her like very nice and wonderful people. Nicole hugged both of them and said goodbye and they were out the door.

Nicole dropped down to the ground and sighed. A perfect party with new friends. Winter Break wasn't going to so bad after all.