Baekhyun's Transformation

I Wish...

"Nicole! Wake up! It's time to go to school!" Nicole's eyes opened suddenly, and she closed them almost as immediately after. She didn't want to go to school...it was too early. The only thing she was excited for was the transfers. Those were always...interesting, to say the least. With what little motivation Nicole had, she brought herself out of bed and got dressed tentatively. She put a brush through her tangled hair once or twice, slapped on some makeup, and she was ready to go. She was wearing blue and white striped overalls with a red tank top underneath, with a bit of accenting gold eyeshadow and a large gold bracelet. She grumbled all the way down the stairs and even while eating a bagel in the car. Nicole slid her phone open and, to her surprise, a new message rang in from Baekhyun. It was sent after midnight, Nicole observed, and to our whole group of friends, so it must have been important.

"I asked her out and she said yes." The text said. Nicole read it over and over and over again to make sure she wasn't hallucinating from lack of sleep. He had asked out Jessica! Yes! I was right! she thought. This is going to be a very interesting day indeed... was her last thought as the car pulled up to the school. Nicole slipped out quickly and almost ran inside, ignoring her father's invitation for a hug, and pushed herself through the school doors, desperately looking for Baekhyun to congratulate and/or about dating a popular. 

Nicole turned a corner and ran right into some random kid. The impact knocked her down to the ground, and almost knocked  him down, too. She was on the ground, stunned, as he offered her a hand and picked her up. Nicole was upset, to say the least, and looked straight up at this stranger with the death glare of the century, expecting him to run off and hide. He just stood there, instead, and laughed. His mouth was a little on the small side, with a serious face and angel like brown hair. His eyes had to be the most beautiful part of his face, with pools of honey that depicted many different emotions. Nicole was slightly phased by this good looking stranger, most likely a transfer, she thought. She was about to give him a piece of her mind when T.O.P of all people, sporting a new gray colored hairstyle, walked behind said stranger and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, Nicole. Nice to see you. Have you met Kris?" T.O.P spoke with a grin on his face. "We tried out for that towel commercial together. And might I say, he's a pretty good actor." Kris beamed at his words and gave Nicole a firm handshake.

"Nice to meet you, Nicole." He spoke very politely to her. "I hope we can be friends. I'm very sorry I knocked you down, I was texting my twin sister. We're both transfers."

"I can tell." Nicole spoke a little too quickly and realized how rude it sounded. "No, no, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." She blushed, making Kris laugh. T.O.P sent a teasing wink at Nicole without Kris seeing. She stuck her tongue out at him in return. Nicole quickly tried to change the subject, but Sohee appeared beside her, followed by CL and Minhyun. The three of them were introduced to Kris, and they all started talking about sitting with him at lunch.

CL turned suddenly. "BAAAEEEEEKHYUUUUUUUN~!!" She practically screamed down the hallway. 

The entire group turned to look at him, and he looked...different. Good different. He was wearing a beanie hat with black skinny jeans and a red tank top. He also had designer sunglasses on, which matched his new golden shoes perfectly. Baekhyun, also sporting a new gelled-up hairstyle resembling T.O.P's, was hand in hand with Jessica, which made CL and Nicole squeal with happiness. Sohee was about as incredulous at the entire scene as T.O.P and Minhyun were. Kris looked around at the friends around him, trying to figure out what was wrong. 

Baekhyun swaggered up to them. "Hey, guys. 'Sup?" He turned to Kris, noticing the new face. "I'm Baekhyun. This is my girlfriend, Jessica." Even through this transformation, all the friends could tell he was still aching with pride about dating a popular girl. 

"I'm Kris. Nice to meet you." Kris shook Baekhyun's hand and smiled at Jessica. She turned and waved at GD and Hyuna, who were walking down the hallway towards the group. GD winked at Baekhyun and Jessica, which was met by a smile from both of them. GD looked almost exactly like Baekhyun, except he was wearing a blue tank top, gray jeans, and a hat that had the words 'Bad Boy' on the top and 'Good Girl' below the rim. Nicole was incredibly incredulous about the whole thing, as were her friends. They couldn't believe that Baekhyun fit in so well with the popular crowd. He looked like one of them, and no one in his original friend group liked it.

"You're sitting with us at lunch, right, Jess?" Baekhyun asked his girlfriend. Part of the reason why he had gone through with asking her out was to bring her into his own friend group, so this was the first step for him. But instead, GD and Hyuna started to chuckle a little bit. Baekhyun and his friends didn't understand why until Jessica spoke up.

"Usually you would come and sit with us," Jessica said tenderly, grabbing her boyfriend's forearm. "But I guess I could come sit with you. You wouldn't mind, right, Hyuna?" Hyuna started to straight out laugh.

"I would miss you!" Hyuna took her hand away from GD and ruffled her friends's hair. Baekhyun could tell that Jessica did not want to leave her friends, and immediately felt bad. He offered to sit with them at lunch today, gave an apologizing look to his friends, and was off with Jessica, Hyuna, and GD. Sohee and her friends were about as stunned as you could be, with Kris begging to know what was wrong. CL called him clueless and marched off with Nicole and Minhyun, followed by an even more confused Kris.

Sohee was staring at T.O.P, not knowing what to say. "Of all people, I didn't think Baekhyun would be the one to betray us for the populars." T.O.P laughed a little, and darted his eyes around uncomfortably. Sohee nodded, still tongue-tied. She didn't think that any of her friends would do that. Still at a loss for words, she walked down to her homeroom. T.O.P was still standing in the same place when she turned around, still thinking. Sohee then decided to run back to him.

"Are you okay?" She asked. T.O.P turned to look at her. His eyes depicted a plan was brewing, and she was right about that.

"Do you think Kris will replace Baekhyun?"

"Maybe." Sohee responded a little too quickly. "I mean...I don't know. I guess he can sit wherever he wants to, I just don't want him to leave us..."

"I know what you mean. I don't like betrayal any more that you-" T.O.P spoke, getting cut off by Sohee.

"I don't think it's...betrayal. It might just be a change of heart?" She tried to stay off the topic of Baekhyun leaving as much as possible, not wanting the friend group to split up. T.O.P scoffed and walked away, something Sohee was very familiar with when he became angry. He just needed to calm down and think this through before she would continue the conversation. Because she refused to let the conversation drop there.

Nicole was, as she would like to put it, "Hella bored" in her English class. It was right before lunch, and the teacher was rambling on about the uses of the word 'They're'. Nicole didn't care too much. She was trying to focus on what had happened that morning with Baekhyun, and why he decided to not sit with them at lunch. At this high school, if you sat with one group of friends at lunch, you were pretty much stuck with them for the rest of the year at that table unless you got kicked out. Nicole hadn't even been at this school for too long, but she knew it well enough to know the Lunch Rule.

She stared around the classroom. Faces that had no names in her mind surrounded her. She could feel herself drifting off into sleep. That is, until the bell rang. Nicole darted out of her chair, gathered her belongings, and bolted to the cafeteria. She was one of the first people there, but she noticed that almost all the members of her friend group were sitting at their table, too. Nicole walked over to them and sat down, without speaking a word. They could all feel the tension between them. Kris was there too, and he tried to say hello before being shushed by CL.

It was Baekhyun, still looking the same as in the morning, arm in arm with Jessica. Hyuna and GD were almost directly behind them, and they were welcomed to the table by Gyuri, who had been sitting there for awhile. It seemed Gyuri had heard the news, and was more than happy to have another boy at the table, though she wasn't too excited to have it be Baekhyun. They all looked very content sitting together, to the surprise of the other  group. Baekhyun looked a little bit awkward, but besides that, he fit in almost perfectly with them. CL scoffed quietly.

Another girl then walked up to the popular table, one who had the same shade of hair and face shape as Kris. He waved to her. The girl had long brown hair with no layers and subtle curls. She said something unaudible to the populars. Gyuri smiled, and offered the girl a seat next to her. The entire friend group looked at Kris, who had waved to the girl just a few seconds ago.

"Kris. Who was that?!" Minhyun asked, poking him in the side. "She's...pretty hot, actually..." The rest of the group looked over at him questioningly. Minhyun was not one to say things like that unless he really meant it.

Kris looked slightly uncomfortable but laughed. "Oh. She's my twin. Don't know why she's sitting with the popular kids, though...Her name's Fei." He laughed again, making the rest of the group laugh along with him.

"You have a twin?" Sohee questioned Kris politely. "That's so cool!" Kris shook his head, signifying he did not like having a twin. The group small talked on, trying to cover up for the fact that they all wanted to talk to Baekhyun and get him to sit with them again. It was all very confusing to them.

Lunch was over, finally, and Nicole ran over to Baekhyun. "Hey, we're all getting together after school tomorrow to celebrate you and Jessica's relationship!" She lied with ease, making Baekhyun slightly confused. She had no intention of having a party for him, but Nicole figured it was the only way to get him back. Baekhyun looked at Jessica, who nodded in agreement. The two left, hand in hand, with GD and Hyuna right behind them.

This is going to be a very interesting week... Nicole thought. She could almost sense that Baekhyun would be leaving them very, very soon.