Minhyun's Mind

I Wish...

"Remember what T.O.P said when that jackass asked him if he was gay?" Nicole laughed loudly in between words. The six of them were gathered on Baekhyun's couch in his room. Nicole was next to T.O.P and CL, and Sohee sat on Baekhyun's lap. Minhyun was on the floor, cracking up.

Sohee smiled and mimicked T.O.P's deep, egotistical tone. "Sorry, you're not my type!" The six burst out laughing together, even an embarrassed looking T.O.P. "Oh oh oh! And what about when Taeyeon asked Baekhyun out? Oh my gosh, the look on her face when she got rejected was beyond hilarious!~" 

"Well, she made fun of my Minhyun. Of course I'm not going to say yes, even though she's pretty hot, haha." Baekhyun responded. Minhyun and T.O.P nodded in agreement as CL looked around awkwardly. They all look a few seconds to sip lemonade before continuing. 

"Alright, I'm sorry Sohee, but when you met us you looked like a total mess!" CL changed the topic quickly, standing up and ruffling Sohee's hair, seating herself right between T.O.P and Baekhyun/Sohee. "You were crying so hard and T.O.P had terrible stains on his shirt from your makeup!" 

"You know, I never got the heavy amounts of mascara out of it," T.O.P smiled at Sohee, which made her heart flutter. "I'm so happy that you joined us, though. It definetly wouldn't be the same without Sensible Sohee to steer us in the right direction!" He made an effort to touch Sohee's knee in appreciation, but CL's body awkwardly got in the way. He recoiled his hand.

Nicole got the group's attention suddenly. "Guys. Guys. Oh my gosh. Key just texted me." She started practically hyperventilating with joy.

"I'd just like to point out that he: one, doesn't go to our schoool, and two, HE HAS A BOYFRIEND." Minhyun jealously said, reaching over and pulling Nicole down to the ground and placing her on his lap. T.O.P laughed at them, blatantly whispering into CL's ear something about him liking her that Nicole fortunately couldn't hear.

"Could we just go over a few things before we go home?" Sohee asked the group, silencing them. "First rule is: No repeating the Separation Period. Agree or disagree?" She waited as her peers nodded in agreement. "Anyone have a second rule?"

"If anyone has any problems, don't talk to me. I don't enjoy having my clothes ruined." T.O.P spoke, getting a punch in his side by CL. "I mean, go to a girl. Girls understand things." He winked at Sohee, making her heart flutter once more. The boys all laughed at Sohee as she blushed. They all said farewell to Baekhyun as the five friends exited the house.

Down  the street that the six of them had walked so often going to school, it was time for Sohee and Minhyun to go one way and CL, T.O.P, and Nicole to go the other way. This was always the most awkward part of the trip home for CL, as she usually got her mom to bring her home so she wouldn't have to deal with Nicole.

And Sohee wasn't having the time of her life either walking home with Minhyun. "So..." She tried to start conversation, but failed miserably. "You're gonna ask Nicole out any time soon?"

Minhyun gave her an absolute death stare and continued walking, trying to decide what to say. After about three minutes, he finally decided to speak. "You know, I've observed a lot throughout the last couple years of being in this group."

"Well, you are pretty silent, but I guess I can believe that," Sohee paused. "What have you noticed, by the way?"

"I could go on for hours," Minhyun didn't speak for awhile and they kept walking. Sohee was about to change the subject but he interrupted her train of thought. "For example, I know that you like T.O.P. But that doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to decipher, you make it a little obvious."

Sohee blushed madly. She tried to regain her composition many times but failed and ended up getting more flustered than she was before. "W-w-why would you think that...!? I never..."

"Please, Sohee. Whenever you talk to him, you get this glazed over look in your eyes. And occasionally I can see your heart practically jumping out of your chest when he does cute things to you." Minhyun laughed, which made Sohee angrier.

"Does that mean you stare at my s whenever I talk to T.O.P?" She asked, punching him somewhat playfully in the side.

"Woah woah woah. I never said that."

"Okay, sorry. What about....Nicole? It seems like you can read her like a book." Sohee changed the topic quickly to her other friend, becoming slightly uncomfortable.

Minhyun paused for a moment. "It's weird. You'd think I'd be able to, but because she's so new to our friend group I really can't. She just has this kind of aura about her that makes her hard to read. Mysterious, even." 

"So, you like her, huh? Yeah, I could've guessed."

It was Minhyun's turn to be flustered. "First of all: no, there's no way you could prove if I like her, and second of all: you definetly aren't as good at deducing things as I am. Just putting that out there."

Sohee laughed. "Getting defensive now, are we?"

"Okay, Sohee, it's time for you to go home. No more questions for you." Minhyun started to walk down the adjacent street to Sohee's, but she quickly called for him to stop.

"Wait, Minhyun. Can I just ask you one thing, and you have to answer?" He paused when she spoke, and when Sohee decided he was close enough to hear her, she continued. "Do you actually like Nicole?"

Minhyun kept on walking with a wave goodbye to Sohee, who stood there frustrated until deciding to walk home and let it go.

"...I do. I really do." He finally whispered to himself, making sure she wasn't able to hear. Minhyun then ran into his house and slammed the front door shut, so he could think in peace.