Conversations

I Wish...

Lunch wasn't going to be fun. Kris could tell as he walked into the gigantic cafeteria, and every one of his friends were there, but none were sitting at their table. It looked deserted over there, and Kris searched for the rest of his friends. He spotted CL and Minhyun across the cafeteria, sitting and eating and laughing with people he had never seen before. On the opposite side of the large room, Sohee, Nicole, and T.O.P were eating lunch in silence.

Kris was standing right next to the old table, which was right across from the populars's table. Fei was confused as to why he was just standing there, so she called him over. "Kris! Bro!" Kris turned at his twin sister's words. "What are you doing? You look stupid just standing there." Fei laughed a little as Kris walked right up to their table. The rest of the populars stopped their conversations about random things and looked upwards towards Kris.

Baekhyun spoke first, him being good friends with Kris. "Hi, Kris. Where are our friends? Are they all out sick or something?" He sounded generally worried until Kris pointed both groups out. Baekhyun's heart dropped. "Oh no...another Seperation Period?" All it took was a nod from Kris before Baekhyun stood up from the table. Baekhyun knew how horrible the last Seperation Period had been, and he wanted to stop it as soon as possible. He told the populars they would be back soon, and the two of them walked over to the table with Nicole, Sohee, and T.O.P as Kris explained the whole situation. Baekhyun listened intently, trying to figure out some solution as they sat down at the table. Kris sat next to Nicole and Baekhyun sat on the other side of T.O.P.

"Well, I'm really sorry, guys. I'm afraid there isn't much I can do..." Baekhyun sighed in defeat. "My schedule is tied up with Jessica, and I literally have no ideas as to what to do. Last time, all it took was some apologies and things were fine. Maybe that would work again?"

Sohee sighed as well. "I don't think so...Well, unless CL apologizes for calling me ugly, T.O.P and I break up, and Nicole and Kris break up, I'm pretty sure we aren't going to be making friends with Minhyun and CL again any time soon." She hugged T.O.P to show that she wasn't planning on breaking up with her perfect boyfriend.

Kris saw this small token of affection and immediately put his arm around Nicole. "And no matter how much Nicole complains, I'm not leaving her for people who betrayed us." Baekhyun fake gagged and said his goodbyes, walking off to Jessica as the bell rang to end lunch. None of them ate, they were too busy watching CL and Minhyun and their new group of "friends". Kris and Nicole chose this moment to grab both CL and Minhyun and have a talk with them.

Kris approached CL. "Hey, CL...do you mind if we talk for a bit?" He offered to her. She rolled her eyes at him and kept on walking. "Wait! Please! I'll make it quick!" CL stopped in her tracks. They were outside the cafeteria with people buzzing around them. Nicole was nowhere to be seen, probably looking for Minhyun. Kris would have to do this alone, but he was ready.

"If you want to talk about me not liking Sohee anymore, I'm-" She started to say suddenly, choosing to walk away again. The hallway was more barren now.

Kris interrupted her. "Please. I just ask for a little while. Let's...let's sit down on that bench!" He grabbed her wrist and brought her over. "Here. Now, just tell me why you hate Sohee."

"...Do you honestly want to know?" CL asked, starting to give in just a little bit. Kris gave her a look. She immediately responded with the entire story. "So pretty much now, the guy I've liked for who knows how long is dating my ex best friend." CL stopped for a breather.

Kris took a moment. He then started chuckling, which surprised CL. "You know that sounds really stupid, right? Leaving your best friend all because of some guy." At his words, CL began to get upset.

"You honestly don't understand. The only person who does is Minhyun. HE understands what I'm going through now, because YOU'RE making him go through the same thing! I don't even know why I'm talking to you..." CL stopped and rubbed her forehead in frustration.

"It's because you're lonely." Kris accused in the most calm voice he could muster. CL stared at him for a second, and then reclined on the bench. She looked defeated, so Kris jumped at the opportunity to continue. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be, well, mean. I just need you to know that I'll always be here for you to talk to. And I'm sure Sohee and T.O.P would say the same." Kris looked down. So did CL.

"It's just that...I...I wish..." CL didn't want to speak anymore, and Kris could tell that. He offered her his hand. "I wish..."

Down the hallway, Nicole had caught up to Minhyun. They had begun talking already, and Nicole was finding it hard to get onto the topic comfortably. So she decided to launch into the whole reason why she chose Kris and how happy she was. "I'm really sorry, I just kinda see you as more of a friend, and I'm sorry I rejected you," She finished, quite proud of herself. Then she continued a little. "I just really hope you can sit with us again, because we really miss you and CL at our table."

Minhyun took a breath. His heart was pounding, as it always was whenever Nicole was around him. He couldn't think straight, seeing her deep eyes locked with his own. Minhyun didn't want to disappoint her, but he knew what he had to say. "I...I can't, Nicole," He said. Nicole's face fell, and Minhyun continued. "And the reason why is because of Kris. I can't be around him. I love you, Nicole. I have for a very long time. And I can't seem to let you go."

Nicole covered her ears. She did not want to hear this. But Minhyun went on. "And that's why I'm never going to stop fighting until I can have you. You will be mine." He spoke very softly. "Honey, please listen to me." Nicole uncovered her ears and turned straight on to Minhyun. She opened to speak in protest, but no words came out. He took this as a sign to continue. "You will be mine. And you can tell Kris that, too. Because I'm not scared of him. We were meant to be together, you and I. Good day, my love." Minhyun stood and walked away. Nicole was still sitting on the bench, her eyes becoming watery and her mind completely empty of all thought or emotion.

 It was then that the bell rang. Nicole didn't move. She couldn't. She wasn't surprised by Minhyun's confession because he had asked her out at the party she threw for Baekhyun. She was scared, above all else. Terrified, even. She feared for her relationship with Kris. Nicole really, really liked him, and was scared beyond belief that Minhyun would, for some reason, hurt him. Nicole had known Minhyun for so long that she didn't quite understand why she was feeling this way, but she was. "And you can tell Kris that, too. Because I'm not scared of him."  Those words alone tugged Nicole's heartstrings. He had called her "Honey" and "My love". She wanted more than anything to erase that moment in time.

But she couldn't, and realized that as Kris walked down the hallway. "Hello, my love." Nicole's heart skipped a beat after hearing the same words Minhyun had used to describe her only minutes ago. "How did it go?" He kissed her on the top of her head and sat down next to her. Nicole's worried expression soon faded into a happy one, for the sake of Kris.

"It went...great! Yeah, he's still a little angry, but I think we'll have him back soon." Nicole lied. She didn't want to make anyone worried, she would just try to keep Minhyun from...doing anything to Kris.

Even thinking that scared her beyond belief. "That's so wonderful, honey," Nicole cringed again hearing out of Kris's mouth what Minhyun had called her. "Unfortunately, I think CL is still on the fence about it. I think she's just really, really lonely though. Maybe if you could talk to her, I could talk to Minhyun-"

"Nooo... I mean, I don't think he needs the extra convincing!"

"...Is there something you're not telling me?"

"...What?"

"Is there something you are not telling me?"

"N...No." Nicole stuttered, breaking the fast paced dialogue.

"Don't you dare lie to me." Kris responded. His harsh tone surprised his girlfriend, and she flinched a little bit as he got closer to her. Kris's mood changed suddenly and he relaxed. He immediately apologized. "I'm...I'm so sorry, Nicole. I didn't mean to scare you." He tried to sling his arm around her shoulder, but Nicole flinched again, putting her hands up in front of her face. Kris put his arm down and backed up a little.

Nicole opened to apologize as well. She didn't want to make Kris think she was scared of him, but Kris smiled halfheartedly and backed away from her without another word.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope everyone liked this even though it was extremely short. I just started high school, so updating will be a little hard for me with all the work, but I'll try my best. I also have been transfered two new stories from my friend who hasn't had time to update them herself (Nu'est Facts) (Also a murder story with Luhan and Sehun), and I just wrote a new one called Candy Store Romance (Starring Bora and Heechul). And I really hope people can check them out and not kill me for not updating a lot. I actually just wrote the ending to this story even though it won't happen for awhile >W< Don't worry, I'm not leaving you yet. We still have many more things that need to happen >:3 Love forever, Eruen6