An Encounter

I Wish...

Sohee awoke from a nightmare.

In her dream, she was sitting on a desk at school.

"Hey, Sohee!" It was Minhyun, and he was walking by placidly. He then ran right up to Sohee and kissed her passionately right on the lips. "How are you, baby?"

Dream Sohee wasn't surprised by his action at all, in fact she kissed him right back and replied with a giggle and a hug. The two sat cuddling in the classroom until they heard a sound coming from the outside. It was T.O.P, and he burst into the room, smiled, and ran out.

"Wait!" Dream Sohee called after him, finally coming to her senses. "T.O.P! Please! I want to go out with you!"

"What?" Dream Minhyun responded quizically. He looked at Dream Sohee with a confused expression. "Sohee, sweetie, you must be hallucinating. We've been dating for the past three years...do you want to break up with me or something?"

Dream Sohee looked over at Dream Minhyun, realizing how perfect he looked in the low lights of the classroom. It was suddenly evening, making the glow of the sun less bright then it already was, creating a glow around the two of them. Dream Sohee became smitten for this boy, and was running over to him in seconds and was hugging and kissing him. "No, baby, no...I love you..."

I love you...

"AH!" Sohee gasped, back in reality. She checked around her, Nicole and CL sound asleep facing each other. CL stirred, but Nicole stayed asleep. Sohee still couldn't believe what she had dreamed about, not wanting to accept that she had actually said that she loved Minhyun. But it was just a dream.

CL nudged Nicole, waking her up too. "Looks like Sohee had a bad dream..." Nicole awoke, her hair in a knotted mess. "What was it about?" The two sat up, getting ready to hear whatever it was Sohee had to say. It was then that Sohee remembered everything that had happened yesterday and completely changed her tone.

"It was a great dream! Yeah! Wonderful! Minhyun and I were dating and we kissed a lot. It was...great!" Sohee was obviously a pretty good actress, because Nicole and CL only started "Awww!!!"ing. Sohee tried to act embarrassed, and it wasn't hard. They had woken up at eight, and Sohee's mom was there with three plates of pancakes, a bucket of syrup, and several sticks of butter.

Nicole took the liberty of choosing the plate with the biggest pancakes and piling on the syrup. CL got the smallest portion and ate them without any toppings. Sohee liked butter and spread almost and entire stick onto her eight pancakes. The three sat in silence and munched on their food dutifully, not wanting to stop eating because it was all so good. Nicole announced that they should probably not dance anymore because they were all so full, and the other two girls agreed. They instead played the instrumental of the Spice Girls song on the huge speakers looming in the corner of the room, and they sang at the top of their lungs without a faulty note.

CL looked over at her phone. "Nicole, my mom is picking me up. Do you want a ride home?" Nicole nodded, still stuffing herself with food. Sohee was still in shock from the dream, and was sitting between them on the floor still in her dancing clothes from the night before.

"Alright, we better get going, Sohee. See ya. Oh! Have fun with Minhyuuuuun~!!!" Nicole teased Sohee. She and CL grabbed their things and were out the door almost as quickly as they were in it.

CL's mom was in the jumbo van that CL's family owned, and she acknowledged the girls with a nod of her head and they were on the road.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Nicole whispered to CL, prodding her in the arm.

"Of course. She'll thank us once the two of them are together." CL seemed awfully proud of herself. It took them awhile to get to Nicole's house, but they were there, and Nicole hugged CL on her way out of the car. They exchanged goodbyes as Nicole ran into her house.

Sohee, on the other hand, was dancing. She was trying desperately to pass the time until she had to be at Minhyun's house. Sohee hadn't bothered telling her mom because she didn't want her mom thinking that she liked Minhyun. Sohee did not want anyone else getting involved in this. She made a short turn, misplaced her footing, and fell right to the ground. Sohee cursed Minhyun. And T.O.P.

A text rang onto Sohee's phone. She reached over and grabbed it tentatively. It was from Minhyun, and Sohee read it under her breath. "Are we still on for three?" was the text. Sohee responded a yes, not too grateful that their plans were still on. She looked at the clock. It was about two, and her mother had apparently arrived with carrots and dip at around lunch time, but Sohee was too busy practicing to notice.

She took a few carrots and ate them in one bite, planning out her time for the hour she had. Twenty minutes to shower. Fifteen for makeup. Five to get to Minhyun's house by walking. So that left Sohee twenty minutes to do her hair, which she didn't mind at all.

After Sohee had showered, she took careful steps as to putting on as much makeup as possible while making it look as natural as she possibly could. Skin-colored eyeshadow. Dull pink lipgloss. A dark blush. Fifteen minutes had passed, and that was all the time she gave herself for makeup. Sohee assessed herself quickly in her mirror before starting to braid her hair back into three seperate braids that she then braided into one large braid. Sohee called it Braidception.

Her hair looked perfect in twenty minutes, and so did she. Sohee was ready of carrying out the plan of just being nice to Minhyun, but not giving him any reason to think that she liked him. Because she didn't.

Sohee's nightmare invaded her thoughts again. "No, baby, no...I love you,"

No, Sohee, no! You DON'T love Minhyun!

And that was all the time she had for an internal dialogue before reaching the steps of Minhyun's house, where he was waiting for her on the ivory colored steps.

"Hey, Sohee! You look good today," Sohee's heart started thumping at Minhyun's words. "You wanna go for a walk or something?"

Sohee nodded, anything that would allow her some time to breathe and think. "Yeah, sure. I'd like that."

Minhyun just took her for a walk around the block, leading Sohee past houses of people that she had never bothered to learn the names of. Minhyun, she could tell, was in deep thought the entire time. "What're you thinking about, Minhyun?" She suddenly asked, breaking the nice silence that had formed between them.

"Us."

"What?!"

"You. Me."

Oh no no no no no no no no no no no no no no....

"Nicole. Baekhyun. T.O.P. CL."

Oh thank goodness... Just about the friend group. Good.

"But mostly just you and me."

"Wh-wh-what? Why?" Sohee looked over to Minhyun, who had blushed and was turning away from her, so they could not hold eye contact. Sohee punched Minhyun in the shoulder again, reiterating the question.

Minhyun laughed a little, and turned back to Sohee with a smile on his face. "Don't worry about it. Hey, do you wanna go back to my house now? I have a pretty killer room that I think you should see-" Minhyun paused suddenly. They were back in front of his house. Sohee looked over Minhyun's shoulder to try to catch a glimpse to what he was looking at. And she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Minhyun...? Why...Why is Sohee with you?! Are you..." Sohee did not want to recognize the person that was talking to him, but she did.

"No. We're not dating." Sohee's heart fluttered again, hearing the dating thing come up. She certainly didn't want it to. And she certainly didn't want to be in the presence of the person who she was standing in front of.

Gyuri looked Sohee up and down as a burning hatred raced through both of them. "Oh, Sohee. Did you know that Gyuri is my stepsister?" Minhyun spoke tenderly.

Stepsister.

Gyuri.

The that made me friendless.

Gyuri.

Minhyun's sister that he refused to talk about last year.

Gyuri.

And all because of the frickin charm bracelet.

Gyuri.

Sohee stood there speechless, gawking at Minhyun's stepsister. "I hope you two won't kill each other. Excuse us, but I want to take Sohee up to my-"

"No. I'm going."

And those were Sohee's final words on the matter. She backed away, cursing herself, and then went into a full sprint, adrenaline coursing through her veins as she ran all the way back to her house to text CL.