Lunchtime

I Wish...

Wow! Chapter 6 already? Nice. Sorry about the late update, people who read this. I was on a cruise. But I'm back now yayayayayayay~! Okay lets start this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you kidding me. How did....how did we not know this!?" CL was outraged, slouching with her friends and eating like a pig at lunch. Minhyun had not shown yet, he was usually late, but the rest of the group was there.

Nicole spoke up very quietly. "I....I knew..."

"BUT WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US!?" CL exclaimed, flailing her arms angrily. A smile streched across T.O.P's face, and Baekhyun chuckled a little. This was met by CL's death glare.

Baekhyun ruffled T.O.P's hair, messing it up a little. "Sorry, CL, but it's really not that big of a deal. Unless...unless Gyuri is bothering Sohee, we have no reason to worry. And she's his stepsister. Calm down, would you?" CL smiled jokingly, which quickly turned into a frown.

"I needed to know!" She took a huge bite of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "I don't want Sohee getting hurt!" T.O.P leaned back, laughing loudly at CL's comment.

"I'll protect her."

Sohee gulped, choked on her spit, and started to blush as the entire table burst out into laughter.

She continued to cough as Gyuri and her posse of two preppy girls, named Jessica and Hyuna, passed by. The three populars sat at their table with one salad to split between them. 

Nicole looked onto their table with an incredulous expression. "How...how do they only share one salad everyday?"

"No idea." CL responded, stuffing her face with thirds of the crappy cafeteria food. "You wanna know what I think? I think....I think that Hyuna's just doing it so GD will like her body better. She was so self-conscious of her weight when she started to date him. And Jessica does it because Gyuri does it." The group nodded. Minhyun showed up then, holding an apple and sitting non-chalantly down on Baekhyun's lap without an explaination of where he was, as usual.

An obnoxious laugh rose from the populars, it seemed they were staring at Minhyun and Baekhyun. CL decided to speak up through the awkward silence. "So, uh, where were you, Minhyun?" He looked around nerviously as GD also entered the lunch room and ran to Hyuna, giving her a bear hug.

"I was at the...library." He answered a little too quickly.

"You read?"

"Yeah."

"What books?" T.O.P was giving him quizical glances.

"Uh..."

"Hey, Minhyun! Wanna come sit with us?" It was Gyuri and Jessica cat calling him over. Minhyun gave his friends an apology before moving his lunch tray to his stepsister's table, situating himself between her and GD. The two boys started laughing together, sounding elated and glad to be with each other. 

Baekhyun made a face at GD. He made a smug look back.

"What the hell was that about?" T.O.P whispered. "Minhyun hates his sister and her friends. Why did he do that?" 

"Gyuri's very talented at manipulation," Sohee responded, leaning in to T.O.P as much as she could without being creepy. "Maybe one of us should go over there!" The entire table's eyes went straight to Nicole, who was completely oblivious to the entire thing. She gave a shrug to the group and started to walk over to the populars without thinking twice.

The populars silenced as she approached, with the exception of Minhyun, who was still laughing at some joke GD made. He was silenced by Gyuri. "Hey, Minhyun. Can I sit down with you guys?" Minhyun, recognizing his friend, made a space between Jessica and GD for Nicole.

"Guys, this is Nicole. She just recently transferred here. Nicole, this is Jessica, GD, and Hyuna. And you know my stepsister, Gyuri." Minhyun nervously introduced the students to each other. Gyuri smiled evilly at Nicole. Jessica and Hyuna exchanged ghastly looks. GD winked at the two of them.

Nicole analyzed her surroundings. GD, who had dyed red hair and was wearing a black tank top and grey jeans, looked like some kind of douchebag that might as well be friends with T.O.P. Hyuna, a gorgeous brunette with dark eyes and full lips, was sitting across from him and trying to inconspicuously grab his hand, which he refused every time. Jessica was staring off into space, trying not to look at Hyuna or GD. Nicole could practically feel her extreme jealousy from across the table. Gyuri was looking ty as always in a belly shirt and pink skinny jeans.

She felt the need to speak. "It's nice to meet all of you." There was a grumbled response. The girl populars kept on eating their salad and GD kept looking at Minhyun. Nicole awkwardly walked away, eager to get back to her friends.

They all looked at her with confused eyes. She explained what had happened. "...And it seems like he's friends with all of them!"

"Something must've happened before he came here that made him want to sit with him. And look!" Baekhyun motioned to the populars. "Minhyun's just chatting it up with GD and Jessica as if we have no boundaries between our social classes. Which isn't true. What do you suppose happened?"

The group talked it over while Minhyun sat there at the populars' table, remembering exactly what had happened before lunch. He never wanted to tell anyone. It would be his own little secret.

Just like T.O.P's.

It fact, it was very similar to T.O.P's big secret.

In the way that he wouldn't tell anyone, ever. ...Except maybe Gyuri. No. Especially not Gyuri.

Minhyun looked over at GD. GD gave him a curt nod signifying that he knew what had happened. Of course he did. He was...

 

Nope. I almost let that one slip, but I'm not going to tell you~.

 

Hyuna went on mumbling about her weight. GD was trying not to be part of the conversation. And Jessica and Gyuri were whispering about something. Minhyun looked back at his friends, who were all talking about something. He didnt know it was about him.

GD reached over his hand and poked Minhyun in the stomach. He passed Minhyun a note, and on it was written a number.

A cell phone number.

GD's cell phone number.

... Not this.... Not again...