The First Day

I Wish...

Sohee found her way to her homeroom after seeing her other friends off. Baekhyun and Minhyun shared homerooms which pleasantly surprised both of them. Nicole was in a homeroom with T.O.P, and CL was stuck by herself as Sohee was. Nametags were stuck to each desk and determined their placement, to Sohee's great dismay. She had never really been one to make new friends, her five best friends provided enough for her.

She looked around and took her place in the very back of the classroom, with only one person in front of her. She read the name tag, and scrawled in tiny letters was the name she did not, under no circumstances, wanted to see: Park Gyuri.

Gyuri and Sohee had a...bad relationship, you could say. If you define a bad relationship by an intense fist fight in their second year of middle school, then that was it. Sohee had allegedly stolen Gyuri's favorite charm bracelet, which Gyuri's friends had placed in Sohee's desk the day before. So it was found, and Sohee was left with no friends in her first year that she had moved to the area. Sohee suddenly had a flashback back to the day when she had been framed.

Sohee sat at her desk that day, it was pouring rain. Her parents were too busy to give her a ride, and told her to get one with a friend. She didn't have any friends after the whole incident with the bracelet. So Sohee was stuck with the makeup running down her face while she was crying in the middle of the classroom with no one else there. She heard students passing, though none came into the room to comfort her like she so desperately wanted them to. A noise was heard suddenly outside the class, as a door swung open to reveal a boy her age, with normal brown hair and a cocky expression on his face as he fixed his hair in his phone's mirror. His face completely changed after seeing Sohee, though, and it was as if the entire world stopped. Her heart certainly did. He ran right to her, putting down his mirror on a desk nearby. No words were exchanged as he embraced her tightly in the middle of the storm. Thunder roared outside, and she kept on crying.
"What's happened to you?" He asked her, hugging her tightly from behind. Sohee turned around and buried her head in his chest, still weeping. He took another look at her and her hair charmingly. "Come on, sweetie. Tell me what's happened."

"It was Gyuri! She framed me stealing her bracelet and it wasn't even my fault!" Sohee barely got out between hiccups and fits of crying even more. 

"I'm going to tell you the most important piece of information you're ever going to get." He spoke the words that Sohee would never forget, and never has forgotten. "Don't let some ruin your life. Screw everyone else that doesn't think well of you! Now get off of me, you're ruining my shirt." He laughed, and Sohee took her face off of his chest and wiped her eyes. 

"Th-Th-Thanks...I-I...My name's Sohee...will you please be my only friend...?" Sohee started to cry softly again, and the boy pulled up a chair and sat right next to Sohee and offered her a tissue, which she took without question.

He laughed again, seeing Sohee try to blow her nose while she was still crying. "My name's T.O.P. Now stop crying, Sohee. I have a bunch of friends that I can introduce you to, and they're all waiting outside classroom B." They clasped hands and were out of the classroom, Sohee feeling much better with her new friend.

T.O.P introduced her to CL first, and the two immediately hit it off, talking about music and their favorite pass times. Minhyun and Baekhyun were introduced next, and the year after that Nicole joined their friend group as a transfer. And here they were, closer than ever, and Gyuri was still a .

CL was in her classroom, next to a bunch of acquaintances, right across the hall. She remembered when she had first been introduced to Sohee. She was a hot mess, wearing her uniform with her hair exactly how it is now, with puffy red eyes and a little mascara still running down her cheeks. They talked about future careers and hobbies together, CL mostly trying to please T.O.P. She had liked him for as long as she could remember, and his sudden hospitality towards Sohee just made her like him more for his secret emotional side. It wasn't like she was going to pay attention in any class anyway, so she continued to think about the past. When Nicole had joined the friend group, T.O.P became close to her in a sudden manner. No one in the friend group had ever liked each other as far as everyone else knew, and CL thought that she had a pretty damn good chance of getting with T.O.P. After he and Nicole got closer, most likely secretly dating on the side, CL knew to be T.O.P's one and only eventually, she would have to seriously evaluate her competition. This was the time known to the group as the Separation Period, where Nicole, Baekhyun, and T.O.P started giving Sohee, Minhyun, and CL the silent treatment. The Separation Period was a time that CL didn't want to remember at the moment.

Nicole was also thinking about the Separation Period while talking to T.O.P, recalling how difficult it was not to talk to Minhyun. He was like a brother to her, and had always helped her with her homework. She laughed to herself thinking about it, even though she didn't want to remember all of the nasty rumors spread most likely by CL about her and T.O.P "secretly dating".

She thought about it some more, though. If talking to T.O.P and seeing a movie with him every weekend and eating popcorn and gossiping into the late hours of the night was going out with someone, then the two had been going out for two years. Their parents were best friends, and they hosted family dinners every couple months, which encouraged them to talk more. If anything, the Separation Period wasn't Nicole's fault, it was her parent's.

T.O.P, though he was talking to Nicole, wasn't thinking about much. Only the upcoming modeling program he was enrolled in, and his hair.

T.O.P liked to think about his hair. Every strand was in perfect position. He was practically without a flaw in general, and often marveled over that fact in his mind while he gossiped on with Nicole.

Minhyun and Baekhyun were in no better position to talk, as Baekhyun was sitting in Minhyun's lap with their arms wrapped around each other. Baekhyun was thinking obscene, erted but humourous thoughts. Minhyun wasn't thinking much at all, enjoying his best friend's company.

The bell rang again. Gyuri was seated in front of Sohee, mumbling rather loudly about how upset she was with her new neighbor as Sohee regained her composition. Her books were out, and she was ready to start the day.

She thought of T.O.P once more, and was back into her personal wonderland were she was married to T.O.P, CL didn't care, and Nicole, Baekhyun, and Minhyun had some sort of mutual open relationship between the three of them.

Could school go any slower?

Second period, and Minhyun was bored out of his mind, hearing something about how to say potato in English which he could have cared less about. Baekhyun sat behind him, his hand on Minhyun's shoulder and playing with his black sweatshirt. He laughed every once in a while at a joke the teacher made that Minhyun didn't catch because he didn't care for hearing it.
Baekhyun was thinking of Minhyun, Nicole, Sohee, and T.O.P and thinking of inviting them over to his house for some drinks and a talk about their day and how to go about dealing with the rest of them for the year.

Could the ending bell just hurry up and ring?

It was a half day, CL reminded herself. One more hour until she could be with all her friends and they could all hang out together and talk about their days. Not like they were going to be any different then hers. She felt particularly bad for Sohee, who had texted her during class to inform her that the Queen had seated herself right infront of her. One more hour, and the torture would be over. CL couldn't have cared less about the absolute value of negative zero, or whatever the hell the proffessor was talking about. She just wanted to see T.O.P.

Can time go faster?

Nicole checked the clock again. Five...four...three...two...one.

"OH THANK GOODNESS. Nicole, let's go find out friends and get the hell out of here!" T.O.P grabbed her by the shoulder and let her out of the classroom, grabbing both of their bags on his way.

Baekhyun and Minhyun weren't too far behind. "Hey, guys!!~ We can go over to my house and have lemonade or something. I'm sick of learning." T.O.P and Nicole nodded in agreement.

"It's only your first day, Baek. Get used you it!" Minhyun laughed at his friend and put his arms around his neck. "Sohee and CL should be here soon. I'll text them so we can start walking. I need to get out of here as soon as possible before I'm flagged by a teacher for not finishing my summer essay." Nicole burst out laughing at Minhyun's laziness as she took his hand and raced out together. T.O.P started to text Sohee as she and CL approached, talking excidedly about their day. 

T.O.P checked his hair again before departing. "Let's go to Baek's house~" He sang down the hallway. Students turned and looked at the six friends run to the doors. Gyrui stopped Sohee in her tracks by grabbing on to the back of her blouse.

"Why hello, Sohee. Nice to see you again. Here's a little...welcome back present." Sohee was filled with rage as Gyuri poured her water bottle down her back. Every one of Sohee's friends had already exited the building, so it was just her and a bunch of bystanders who had the fortune of seeing Sohee beat Gyuri up for the second time.

One punch to the nose, and Gyuri was sent down the hall screaming bloody murder. Sohee laughed to herself, starting to quiet the rage within her.

"I'll get you, Sohee, I swear I will!" Gyrui screamed again and again. Sohee didn't care, and she ran outside to meet up with her friends. Minhyun offered her his sweatshirt to hide the water stain that looked like sweat, and he was left wearing a black tank top and skinny jeans making him look like one of the popular guys. CL poked at his arms and made fun of his lack of muscles until they had reached Baekhyun's house, where they would spend the rest of the afternoon gossiping and drinking lemonade, remembering the times that they didn't dare to repeat, and waiting for the next day of school to come.