Baekhyun's Party

I Wish...

Nicole's dance studio, which had been a winter wonderland so many chapters ago, was now the most romantic place she had ever seen. Nicole had found pictures of everyone she invited over the internet, and had posted them around the room. She had placed the pictures of herself right next to the pictures of Kris, and Sohee's pictures next to Minhyun's, and CL's next to T.O.P's. She hoped that they would be able to get the hints, but she had a few more tricks up her sleeve to make all of the couples that were in her head work out. For example, she was already planning on playing spin the bottle and had a few mats set up around one in the left corner of the room. The only light was coming from candles that were spread around the entire setting. Anoher archway that had ivy and roses twining up and down it was at the doorway. A long red carpet lead to the center, which had a few red love seats and was around a clear coffee table with gold accents. Nicole was planning on doing this for her Valentine's Day party, but she could think up another idea for that. She needed to make this perfect so Baekhyun and Jessica would feel welcome in their friend group. Rose petals were also strewn throughout the room, and the tables of sweets were behind the love seat area. She sat down in one of the red seats, feeling the comfortable cushions. She had told all of them to change into something nice before coming, preferably dresses for the girls and suits for the boys. She wanted to make it perfect for all of the couples and couples-to-be. Nicole was also sporting a tight and short vintage golden dress with no straps that she was able to dance in. She had prepared the perfect mix CD for the party, and it was sitting in the boombox which was on one of the tables. The CD included all of the group's favorite love songs and a good mix of slow love ballads to encourage the group to dance. Nicole was ready, her subtle make-up looked perfect, and it was 5 PM, about time for the party to start. Nicole smoothed out her short hair and stood by the door, ready to greet the guests with a smile showing off her white teeth.

She then heard a tentative knock at the door. Nicole quickly opened it, knowing it probably wasn't CL or T.O.P, who knock very loudly. She was right, and it was Sohee, looking like a movie star in a pastel pink short dress with flowing sleeves and ruffles at the bottom. She was wearing silver jewlery and a small silver bow clip in her hair. "Hey, Colie! This place looks amazing, I don't know how you do it!" Nicole welcomed Sohee inside. Sohee was slightly taller in her three inch silver heels, but Nicole was wearing four inch, making her taller than Sohee. They both sat on one of the love seats, and Sohee took a look around to all of the pictures. She realized that all of her pictures were next to Minhyun and remembered that she needed to tell Nicole and CL that she didn't like him at all, and decided it was now or never. So she took a deep breath and faced Nicole. "Nicole, can I tell you something?...The night that we were all talking about who we liked, I wasn't completely honest with you. I don't...I don't like Minhyun at all. I really like-"

Another knock on the door came, far louder this time, making Sohee angry. Nicole ran to the door, motioning to Sohee that they would talk more later, and opened it up to find T.O.P and Minhyun coming through the archway. Nicole welcomed them and they said hello to Sohee. T.O.P now had one pink streak in his hair, much resembling the lowlights CL had, and his suit was grey to match his hair. Minhyun's suit was black, and he had parted his hair over to the other side. Nicole had forgotten what Sohee had said by the time GD and Hyuna arrived with CL right behind them. Hyuna was wearing a long black dress that was short in the front, showing off her long legs, and GD was wearing a hot pink suit. Nicole was amazed, as were the rest of the guests that were already there. CL was wearing a silver dress that matched T.O.P's grey suit, and the two of them sat together on one love seat, laughing about the color coordination. Nicole had placed 5 love seats around the coffee table, which was quite the strategic move on her part. That was one of the ways she would insure that all of her friends would find a boyfriend or girlfriend tonight, besides spin the bottle. 

Hyuna ran to sit on the love seat next to T.O.P and CL, and GD swaggered right over to her and sat down next to his girlfriend. Even though the group didn't really know GD, they all made meaningfull conversation and decided that he was a pretty cool guy. Odd at first, but definitely one who could join their friend group with ease. Nicole stayed at the door, motioning for Sohee and Minhyun to sit down. Sohee sat across from T.O.P and CL, defeated. CL had not yet heard that Sohee didn't like Minhyun, and Nicole had forgotten completely, so Sohee decided to it up and pat the seat next to her, motioning for Minhyun to come closer. Sohee had a few plans in her mind for tonight-she was determined to leave the party with T.O.P as her boyfriend. She could feel rage when CL started flirting so openly with T.O.P. He clearly wasn't catching on, and Sohee was thankful for that. When she was about to talk to him, the door opened.

It was Baekhyun and Jessica, looking spectacular. Baekhyun was wearing a normal black suit and black tie, but Jessica was wearing a flaming red dress that flowed around her, giving the illusion that she was on fire. They were arm in arm, and apologized for being late. Both looked so good that Nicole just stood there, with open, and welcomed them. The two took the initiative and sat down on another of the love seats, leaving just one more for Nicole and Kris. Nicole's plan was working perfectly. The entire group was talking normally and complimenting each other, and even the boys seemed to be getting along quite well, except for the awkward glances Minhyun and GD exchanged, but no one commented on that. They were all waiting for Kris to arrive, and Nicole was sitting so eagerly at the door that she opened it when she heard the footsteps on the mat outside.

Nicole gasped. First of all, she had completely forgotten that Fei was going to be there. And second, Kris looked like a supermodel. He was wearing a fitted balck pinstripe suit with a blue shirt underneath it and a black tie. His hair was perfectly messy, making it look like he had spent hours just messing it up. Nicole's heart fluttered, and she was now completely certain that she liked him. Fei also looked stunning in a black fitted low cut dress with a golden necklace that had an apple on it. Nicole welcomed them and the three of them sat in the last empty love seat with Kris in the middle of the two girls. Nicole found it somewhat awkward, but enjoyed being next to him nonetheless.

"I can see the bottle. Are we all going to play?" T.O.P looked over in the corner of the room, seeing the setup of the spin the bottle game. Nicole nodded, and the rest of the group said that they'd join in too.

"I hope everyone's okay with that. I mean, it wouldn't be much of a couples party if we didn't have couples, right?" Nicole said, encouraging the group to come to the area with the bottle. They all did, and the guests all sat in the same formation as they were in the love seats. All of the friends were gathered together and ready to play. Baekhyun, Jessica, GD, and Hyuna sat out and watched their friends, laughing at the awkward kisses. It was a truly good time, and all of them vowed that none of the kisses meant anything. The game ended after fifteen or so rounds, and they were all ready to dance. The couples were partnered together, but the rest of the group stood looking awkwardly at each other. 

Just like at the Winter Break party, T.O.P decided to break the ice. "Hey...Fei...wanna dance...?" He said nervously. It was quite a surprise to CL and Sohee, who both looked away and pretended not to care. Baekhyun and Jessica cheered as the two joined the couples slow dancing on the dance floor. It was an uneven amount of people, which was quite troubling. CL could almost sense that she wasn't going to get a dance with someone, so she pushed Minhyun towards Sohee making the two of them dance again, and Kris towards Nicole, and claimed she was going outside to get some fresh air. The couples continued dancing for a little while, until T.O.P stopped dancing with Fei. "I'm sorry, Fei, but I need to go and check on CL...I'll be right back." The couples stared at T.O.P as he ran outside to go find CL. She was sitting on a bench in their yard, just looking out on the trees.

"What's on your mind?" T.O.P sat down and looked over at CL, which made her jump a little. She turned over and shook her head at him, starting to laugh, tears visible in her eyes. "Honestly. Tell me."

"You." She answered too quickly, looking back at Nicole's yard. She started to laugh again, not wanting to look at T.O.P's face. "You really...piss me off sometimes, you know that? I thought you were going to ask me to dance, not Fei. I thought you..."

"You think I like you." T.O.P finished her sentence. CL refused to look over at him, but she knew by his words alone that the next thing he was about to say probably wasn't going to turn out in her favor. "Chae-rin...I'm sorry...I like someone else." CL's heart stopped momentarily. She knew that that was going to happen, but there was only one question on her mind that would escape her shivering body.

She took a deep breath until she could find a way to speak again. "Who." She said, not even bothering to make it a question. It was the only thing that was on her mind, knowing now that T.O.P did not like herself. He stared off into the yard and started to smile. It was clear to CL that whoever he liked, he really liked her. T.O.P now took a deep breath to respond.

"Sohee."

"...Oh."

"I'm sorry. It's my biggest secret, you know-"

"That's okay. Why...why didn't you ask her to dance?" CL was trying to grasp the idea that her crush liked her best friend, someone liking Sohee was not a familiar sensation.

"Because I'm so terribly shy when it comes to girls...and I don't think I have the confidence to ask her out yet." T.O.P spoke, getting embarrassed. CL laughed shakily and assured him that everything would be alright. He then nodded and went back inside, telling the group that CL felt sick and would be going home. The couples kept on dancing together, and T.O.P felt relief that he had told CL his biggest secret. The songs dragged on, and everyone decided to stop dancing and sit back down on the love seats, with Kris and Nicole sitting together and T.O.P and Fei sitting together.

"So, everyone, this has been a really great party, and congratulations to Baekhyun and Jessica. You two are so adorable together!" Nicole and the rest of the group clapped as the couple kissed. Most of the party guests started to talk about leaving and who was riding with who, until Kris stood up suddenly to speak.

He cleared his throat, looking confident, although he certainly didn't feel confident enough to say what he was about to say. The room became quiet, ready for Kris to start to speak. He knew that it was now or never, and all of the people he cared about most were here. Kris decided to talk then, and get the words off of his chest. "Everyone, I know that Baekhyun and Jessica are a perfect couple, but tonight, I would like to make this friend group have another couple in it. I would like to ask Nicole Jung..." He turned towards Nicole. Her eyes widened and she started to blush. Minhyun had a look of horror on his face, knowing what was coming next. Sohee, T.O.P, Fei, and the two couples looked extremely happy and they were all smiling knowingly. "I want to ask Nicole Jung if she would be my girlfriend...If that's okay with all of you." Kris said, reaching for her hand. Sohee eyed Minhyun, praying that he would not speak up.

Minhyun opened his mouth, standing. Sohee wanted to yell at him right there, but something held her back. She and the rest of the room wanted to know how this would play out. "And I would also like to ask Nicole if she would go out with me." Minhyun said, reaching for Nicole's hand as well. She looked at the two boys, both of whom she wouldn't mind dating, and thought of what a situation she was in. She actually wasn't thinking of much, but one of their names was on her mind, the name of the person she knew she wanted to be with. Nicole opened to speak. Minhyun and Kris sat down in their seats. The entire group was on edge, ready to hear what she was going to say.

"I want...I want..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddd....that's a wrap! End of chapter! Yes, I am a troll. I want to know who you think she'll choose in the comments!! It might even effect her answer, haha. See you in the next chapter, hope you liked this one! -エルエン6 (Eruen6)