The Only Answer

I Wish...

First off, I apologize for the incredibly short chapter!!! I just thought that since so much happened it didn't really need a lot more. Thanks for reading! Fighting~ -Eruen6
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

There were police everywhere. It was the first time Sohee hadn't been able to sleep because of all the police cars rushing by. There were firetrucks, too. She looked out her window to see two, three, four passing by. She wondered what had happened, but was too sleepy to think straight. Sohee finally woke herself up, though, and reached for her phone. She thought she was friends with Minhyun now, maybe a temporary alliance, but she knew that if she was staying up this late, he was probably up too. Sohee reached over to her left side, to her desk, and grabbed her phone. She wrote a quick text to Minhyun asking if he knew anything about what was happening. She would've texted T.O.P, but she didn't want to wake him if he was asleep.

A sudden ring came in on her phone. It was Minhyun, and he was calling. Sohee didn't hesitate to pick up her phone. "Hey, Minhyun. I have a quick question. Do you know-" She started, but he interrupted her immediately.

"I've made a mistake, Sohee..." Minhyun was out of breath, Sohee could tell. "I...I don't know why they...I was going to pay them tomorrow..."

"W...What..." Sohee said, too confused to make a complete sentence. Her mind was only on one track, and Sohee sat straight up in bed. "Does this have something to do with-"

Minhyun interrupted her again. "I'm sorry, Sohee, I didn't mean to hurt him..." Sohee could tell he was crying now. She still couldn't sort out what he was saying completely. "My sister...she thought it was a good idea...I didn't know they were going to do this tonight..."

Sohee's mind flew straight to T.O.P. "What have you done to T.O.P!?" She demanded, starting to bring her voice up to a yell. Her heart was beating faster than ever before, fearing the worst.

"No...Not T.O.P...I wouldn't hurt him..." Minhyun was crying even harder. "I mean....K-"

That was all Sohee needed to hear. She immediately flew out of her bed and ran over to her closet, where she donned a winter parka and her warmest knit leggings underneath her sweatpants. She didn't even bother looking at her hair on her way out the door. All she was thinking about were the sirens, which were still blaring down the street. It took her ten seconds to be out her front door. She didn't care that her parents might have been up, but she knew where Kris lived and she knew she had to get there as soon as possible. Sohee couldn't even imagine the kind of thing that Minyun had done, and she didn't want too, either.

The first thing that Sohee noticed was the light. It was bright yellow, almost like the sun had taken a permanent residence on the street Kris lived on. Sohee's run slowed to a walk as she came closer, shielding her eyes from the insanely bright light. Aside from that bright light was the blaring red and blue from the firetrucks and police cars. The lights didn't even turn off as the firemen and policemen took to the lawn of the house and grabbed their hoses and started spraying the house with streams of endless water. Sohee looked on helplessly at the scene.

"Is there anyone in there?" One of the firemen yelled. There was no answer, so they continued to spray the house. Sohee's phone suddenly rang in a text message.

"Help" was all it read.

It was from Kris.

Sohee didn't bother reading it again. She jumped immediately and ran inside Kris's house, slamming the door open. The firemen and police called after her, but she didn't listen. All Sohee could think about was getting in there and saving her friend.

Sohee could remember the fire. There was fire everywhere. The heat was almost unbearable. She ran around the entire first floor, not finding anyone. Sohee then ran upstairs, and into the first room. There, in a ring of fire, was Fei, her hair and her clothes singed. The look in her eyes showed absolute defeat, like she had given up completely and abandoned all hope. Her eyes lit up upon seeing Sohee and she tried to speak, but instead ended up coughing horribly. Sohee reached into the flames to grab her just in time before the flames completely engulfed where she had been standing. "GO." Sohee yelled at her. Fei just nodded, her eyes full of tears, and ran out.

Next was Kris. It was getting increasingly harder for Sohee to breathe, and she knew that if this was the case, she didn't have very much time to find Kris. It was in the second to last room of the second floor that he was in. And there he was, his clothes torn, seeming quite calm for being on the edge of death. He was standing on his bed, with the entire room completely in flames. Sohee didn't know what to do. He was too far away from the door to jump. It was too dangerous for her to go in herself.

Then Kris saw the window next to his bed. He motioned to it, and she got the hint. He was going to jump. Sohee was breathing so scarcely she didn't have enough oxygen to disagree properly and looked away when he smashed the glass to his window with his bare hands. She looked back, and red goo was seeping down his hands, which were mangled and nasty looking. She gagged at the sight of it.

She looked away again as Kris jumped out. She couldn't hear anything and was too dry to even try to speak. Sohee ran downstairs and right out the door, straight into the arms of Fei. A fireman handed Sohee a glass of water and put a blanket over the two of them. Sohee took the glass, downed the water, put the blanket on Fei, and ran again to the side of the house she determined Kris had jumped out of.

And there he was, his body mangled, stomach down, on the ground, his eyes wide open in shock. Sohee didn't dare to touch his body, but leaned right over him and screamed, "Kris! Kris! Are you okay?!" She waited about ten seconds. There was no answer from Kris.

Oh God...Oh God...no..., she thought, putting her ear right next to his mouth to check if he was breathing. She couldn't tell, so she screamed for the firemen to come over. They did, and immediately afterword one of them was pumping Kris's chest and the others were bringing a stretcher over. Fei peeked around the corner of her house, but Sohee ran over to grab Fei away. "W...What's happening..."

"We're going to go over to my house after this is over, o-okay?" Sohee said, and Fei nodded. They were both crying now. "Did you have any adults at home that could take care of you?"

"My...my guardian is out for the week, Kris...Kris and I were watching out for each other..."

"Well I'm going to be watching out for you now."

Fei paused for a second, then looked over at Sohee. A single tear fell from her eyes. "So...is he..."

"We have a pulse! Oh God, we have a pulse!" Sohee and Fei turned to look at the side of the house the firemen and Kris were on. Fei's eyes lit up and she began to weep hysterically as the firemen brought Kris on a stretcher over to Sohee and Fei. "Is he your brother?" One of them asked Fei. She nodded and covered with her hand as she cried more. They motioned for her to join him in the back of the ambulence that had just arrived.

"Sohee, please come with us." Fei said, reaching for Sohee's hand.

Sohee smiled sweetly at Fei and hugged her. "I can't. I'm sorry. I can't have my parents worry about me." Sohee took a look at Kris. His eyes flitted open for just a second, enough to see Sohee and Fei okay. He smiled with a magnitute of thanks, and Sohee leaned down to his cheek. "I'll see you two tomorrow. I'll find out why this happened." Sohee's mind flipped back to Minhyun. She knew from their previous conversation that he had something to do with this, and was ready to question him as soon as she could.

But for now, her friends were safe, and that was all that mattered. Sohee started back home, still shaking from what she had just witnessed.

Back in the ambulence, Fei and Kris were silent. They were both wrapped tightly in blankets, and the two firemen running the truck were in the front. "Are you okay, Fei?" Kris coughed, his voice raspy and quiet.

"Yes, Kris, I am. Sohee saved me." Fei smiled at her twin, and she ruffled his hair for a minute. "You look awful." She joked.

Kris smiled fully, started to say something, and then broke down coughing for ten seconds. He finally spit out the words, "Am I okay?"

"Why are you asking me?" Fei chuckled a little bit. "You'll be fine. Just get some rest."

"You too." Kris closed his eyes, and Fei did, too. Kris thought for a couple of seconds until he snapped his eyes back open.

He started to speak cautiously. "Wait, Fei...did you see who started the...f-fire?"

Fei smiled uneasily. "For some reason I remember Taecyeon and five other guys. And Gyuri...yeah, I think she was there too." Kris looked at Fei with an incredulous expression, but she continued. "Well, I saw Taecyeon standing outside our house with a torch in his hand, and five figures behind him. I then remember a girl that looked exactly like Gyuri say something, and then he threw it. ...I don't know, it was probably just a dream. Maybe I left the stove on from dinner." Kris nodded, the second story seeming far more plausible. Why would Gyuri want to hurt me? She has nothing against me, except... Oh .  Kris suddenly realized she was Minhyun's stepsister and how Minhyun probably knew about he and Nicole's incident from someone. Maybe what Fei saw wasn't a dream, after all.

"Fei?" Kris asked. Fei stirred but opened her eyes. "I don't think that was a dream. I think Gyuri and her friends really did try to...you know..." Kris coughed again.

Fei sighed and looked at her twin. "I don't know why anyone would do that, though... Did you do anything to Gyuri?"

"Not to Gyuri." Kris mumbled, putting his hands over his face.

"What?"

"I said no."

"Oh."