Manipulating People

I Wish...

T.O.P dialed Baekhyun's number. It had been so long since they had talked privately on the phone, Nicole or CL were always trying to reach him. T.O.P waited as the phone rang once. Then twice. Then three times. It was going on four, until he picked up.

"Hey, T.O.P! What's up?" Baekhyun sounded sleepy. It was three in the morning of the third day of school, and T.O.P was always up this early getting his hair ready for the day. To gel or not to gel?

"Nothing much, I just haven't talked to you in awhile. Annnnnddddd that needs to change," T.O.P laughed, ruffling his hair, embarrassed to some degree. "Like seriously. I miss hearing about you like crazy."

"We see each other every day, silly." Baekhyun laughed from across the line. "You could talk to me any time during the day that isn't three AM. I need my beauty sleep." He laughed again.

"You don't need more beauty any more than I do," T.O.P chuckled a little, twirling the phone chord around his fingers. "I just wanted to see how my best friend is doing...have crushes on any hot boys lately?" Baekhyun went completely silent.

"T.O.P. You should know better than anyone that-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

"uality doesn't matter." They both said at the same time.

"I'm just wondering, you know. You've went through quite a few phases in your day..."

"You are NOT reminding me of the time I dated Nickhun." The mood lightened a little as Baekhyun opened up some more to the topic he never liked to debate. Baekhyun could almost hear T.O.P with a ready retort on the other line, which he quickly was rid of. "OR the time I dated Gyuri.... ESPECIALLY not that time. Sohee still doesn't know about that yet...she'd never forgive me..."

T.O.P burst out laughing on the other line. "Imagine that! Dude, she'd KILL you! Our 'Sensible Sohee' would turn into the lucifer or something."

"Don't pretend you have things you haven't told her!" Baekhyun smiled, starting to tease his friend. "Because I know for a fact that you-"

"OKAY Baekhyun it was great talking with you gotta go bye!" T.O.P hung up, not wanting to admit what Baekhyun was about to say. Definetly not wanting to even hear someone else say it...Baekhyun was the only one he had ever told. T.O.P...T.O.P got Gyuri pregnant.

Just kidding.

Do you think I was about to let T.O.P's biggest secret slip?

I don't think so.

It was time for T.O.P to go to school anyway, he had a long trek to CL's house. They usually walked together in the morning, at least they did after the Separation Period. He thought it a way to justify what he had done. Even though, in reality, it had been CL that over-reacted and not him.

"CL!" T.O.P yelled at her window. She was out within the minute, her long blond hair up in a high ponytail and wearing a black belly shirt with pink skinny jeans. "Nice outfit. Let's go, okay? I don't wanna be late." T.O.P's phone rang suddenly, and it was a message from Nicole.

CL looked over his shoulder, reading it. "Do we really have to go pick her up, too? I don't want to be late any more than you do."

"Come on. It would be the nice thing to do. You two are still friends, no matter what happened during the Separation Period." T.O.P laughed, and they were suddenly turning down Nicole's street. CL had forgotten how close she and Nicole lived to each other, they never hung out alone like she and Sohee did. Nicole was waiting outside her mansion of a house on her porch, reading a book. T.O.P waved her over and before CL could object the three of them were walking to school in a complete awkward silence.

Another text rang from T.O.P's phone, and it was from Baekhyun. Fortunately, T.O.P could block CL and Nicole from reading it. The text was just Baekhyun teasing T.O.P for his big secret that he hadn't told anyone. "Hey, lemme see~!" Nicole tried to grab T.O.P's phone from him, but he closed out of the text and had it on the mirror before she knew it. He fixed his hair as they approached the school building.

"Hey, Sohee!" CL saw her best friend and eagerly ran over to her. "I just had the most awkward walk over here with Nicole..." She whispered.

"Don't tell me about it. We're supposed to all be friends, remember? Actuallly, do you want to sleep over tonight?" CL nodded to Sohee's question. Sohee then turned around to yell at Nicole. "Hey, Nicole!! CL and I are having a sleepover. Wanna come?" Nicole nodded as well, and CL's smile faded. 

Fantastic, Sohee thought to herself. I'll have their friendship fixed up in no time.

"Hi, T.O.P!" Baekhyun was released from his car a moment later. Baekhyun hugged T.O.P around the waist. "I was thinking. Maybe you should tell Sohee that you-"

"HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA NO." T.O.P pushed Baekhyun's arms off of him.

"Will you at least let me finish?" Baekhyun hit his friend's shoulder.

"No, I definetly won't. We don't need to speak of my secret ever again. It'll probably blow away and I'll forget about it eventually."

"Sorry, honey, but I'm not letting you do that. You've gotta tell people! I'm sure-"

"Nope. No chance. Sorry, Baekhyun. Gotta go to class."

And just like that, Baekhyun was left alone with a troubling smile on his face. He was determined to have T.O.P share his secret with the rest of the friend group. Baekhyun guessed that Minhyun probably already knew about it, but there was no way any of the girls did.

"Minhyun, can I ask you something?" A minute later, Baekhyun caught up to Minhyun in the hall right before homeroom. "You know what T.O.P's biggest secret is, right?" Minhyun showed some doubt that signaled to Baekhyun that he didn't actually know, making the conversation a whole lot more awkward then it already was. Baekhyun gave up, and was whispering the secret into Minhyun's ear after a painful thirty seconds of silence.

Minhyun did actually know what it was, because Nicole knew, too. Nicole knew because she had read T.O.P's Word documents which literally held every secret and experience T.O.P ever had. Minhyun had to feign surprise as he was told of the secret.

"I know, right?" Baekhyun laughed. "Now you have to make sure you won't tell anybody. Especially none of the girls, or even T.O.P. If they found out you knew...all hell would break loose."

"I know, I know. I won't tell a soul." Minhyun was a very good liar. Because he would need to tell Gyuri, his stepsister, eventually. She had a knack for finding out everything.

So Minhyun surreptitiously got out his cell phone and texted Gyuri while Baekhyun wasn't looking.

And down the hallway, as Gyuri picked up her phone and read the text, she knew that her plan was going perfectly. She vowed to herself that by the end of the year, Sohee would end up alone and with no friends.

Manipulating people is so easy when you have a stupid pawn, Gyuri thought. And that is all these people are. Pawns. And I am the queen.