The Sleepover

I Wish...

"Nicole! CL! My umma is picking us up today, so we don't have to walk there." Sohee was outside again with her friends after school, and they were more than excited to start the weekend. Saturdays meant one thing to the girls: Gossiping.

Because that's what friends are for, of course.

A blue subaru pulled up in front of the flagpole of the school. Sohee had tried to say goodbye to her guy friends, but she had had a rough day being in almost all the same classes as Gyuri and just wanted to complain about her iness to her girl friends. "Hi, umma!" Sohee hugged her mom and opened the door to sit next to her in the front. Nicole and CL squeezed uncomfortably into the back, with a couple dry-cleaned dresses and a box or two.

"Hi, Sohee, darling. How was school?" Sohee's mom, a woman not over 40 with long brown hair and eyes that matched Sohee's, looked back to the friends in the backseat. "And it's nice to see you, Nicole and CL!"

CL nodded and smiled at Sohee's mom, someone that she considered her own mother. Nicole was slightly uncomfortable, but she loved Sohee's mom nonetheless and was as excited as Sohee was to have the sleepover.

"Ah, it . I have Gyuri in all my classes!" Sohee complained, rubbing her forehead in frustration. "Except English. And, of course, that's the only class I have with Minhyun. And neither CL or Nicole are in any of my classes!~....I think T.O.P might be in gym with me, but he's always feigning sick so it's not like I would get to see him anyway." Sohee's heart fluttered a little saying T.O.P's name. CL's heart fluttered hearing it.

Nicole was just thinking about Baekhyun.

I'm not going to describe her thoughts, because they were pretty graphic.

"How about you, CL?" Sohee's mom asked, interrupting all of the girls' fantasies.

"Uh....you know, Ms. Ahn, I wasn't really paying attention." CL sighed, looking out the window at the fantastic view as they entered the suburbs. "I know that T.O.P is in my math class, but that's about it."

"We have science together, CL..." Nicole laughed, shaking CL on the shoulder. She shrugged Nicole's hand off awkwardly. The car took a left down some side streets and they were in front of Sohee's quite large estate. Sohee's mom got the girls' bags out of the car and they were in Sohee's dance room in a minute, stretching.

"Is it weird that all we do is dance and sing?" Sohee laughed, stretching out her legs. The two other girls were fixing their hair into ponytails with the large wall of mirrors and getting water bottles to be ready to dance until they passed out.

Nicole smiled, starting to stretch out her arms. "I don't think so. Oh, except when the boys dance with us. That is totally hilarious. Remember when we choreographed that Spice Girls song, Wannabe? And then I got them to dance too? That was so amazing."

"I know right! Who knew Baekhyun could grind!" CL laughed, remembering her friend trying to be y and then having Minhyun teach him correctly.

Sohee burst out laughing, too, and the three girls were then dancing to the Spice Girls and chuckling to themselves at the choreography.

The song had finished, and after doing it three more times, they all stopped for water. Nicole picked up her phone. "T.O.P says hi!" She yelled from across the room.

"Great." CL mumbled sarcastically. "Tell him I say hi too." Nicole nodded, not picking up on the hint. 

"AAAHHHH!!!!! KEY TEXTED ME AGAIN!" Nicole sighed in pure elation after they all took a sip of water.

"HE HAS A BOYFRIEND. BOYFRIEND. KEY IS NOT INTERESTED IN GIRLS." Sohee ran over to Nicole and shook her with every word, trying to get the message into her head. Nicole just shrugged Sohee off, laughing.

Sohee's mom was in the room after that, providing snacks. The girls decided they could save practicing until after dinner, and dug in to yogurt and pretzels. CL started the conversation.

"So. Since this is a girls' sleepover and all, who does everyone like?" CL looked around at her other two friends, who tried to not be picked to tell first.  CL went instead. "Fine. I'll go. I don't think I've told anyone recently, but I like....T.O.P. A lot. How about you, Sohee?" CL was so blatant with her words and feelings. Nicole claimed she could tell. Sohee just sat there smiling, her mind blank with outlining feelings of anger and confusion, as I'm sure you can imagine.She was trying to make up some unbelievable lie so they would leave her alone, but what came out of was definetly not what she was expecting.

"Minhyun!" Sohee exclaimed, bringing confused looks onto CL and Nicole's faces. "Yes, yes, I know, but I like him...a lot! Yeah!" Sohee tried not to sound like she was lying, and her friends seemed to buy it for the moment. 

The two other girls were silent for the moment, until they suddenly seemed to burst with confidence for Sohee and her "crush". "Oh, I knew you two would be so cute together!" CL clammered. 

"Yes! And we'll help you out as much as we can!" Nicole and CL high-fived, affirming their newly fixed friendship so they could come together to help Sohee out.

Sohee wasn't too excited, but she feigned it as much as possible and went on a rant about how much she "liked" Minhyun. She listed all of his good qualities and the girls just nodded along with her, interested. Sohee quickly asked Nicole who she liked.

"Uhm..." She started. "I think I might like Baekhyun...But I don't know just yet." CL smiled and put her arm around Nicole's shoulder.

"Oh, that's great! Then we can all date someone in our group! Wow, how perfectly did that turn out?" CL said, eating more pretzles.

Yeah, super perfectly, Sohee thought, still trying to figure out what she was going to do about Minhyun. 

"Aa~!!! Sohee~!!! Minhyun is hanging out with me tomorrow, but I can invite you and then cancel on him so it's just the two of you!" Nicole exclaimed suddenly, bringing smiles and squeals to CL and a half-hearted smile from Sohee.

"That's okay, you really don't have to-" Sohee started to say.

"No! It's fine! I'll text him right now and cancel but tell him you'll be there in my stead.....Done! Perfect!" Nicole seemed very content with herself. Another text rang in on her phone. "And he says its fine. You're gonna go to his house tomorrow at three. Oh, isn't this perfect, CL? We can set them up, and then we can work on you and T.O.P!" Nicole and CL bounced around some more before getting calmed down by Sohee, who was still very confused but didn't want to show it.

"Alright guys, that's wonderful. Now can we please get back to dancing? Maybe we can even ask our principal if we can perform some time this year. Maybe for an English project or something!" Sohee quickly tried to change the subject, and CL and Nicole went along with it.

The three danced and sang until late into the night, when Sohee's mom entered the dancing room to tell them it was midnight and to go to sleep. They all agreed to just grab sleeping bags and go to sleep on mats in the room they were in.

Nicole fixed herself between CL and Sohee in the middle of the dance floor with her brightly colored sleeping bag, and she an CL continued to whisper and giggle about Minhyun and Sohee. Sohee didn't feel like being a part of that, and just wanted to think.

All I have to do is tell them the truth, right? I'll hang out with Minhyun and then just tell them he's not interested. Because he's not. And even if he was...I still wouldn't date him....Well, maybe. I guess I would. No! NO! Hold on a minute, Sohee. You're not going out with Minhyun. Didn't Madonna say something in one of her songs...? Oh yeah! 'Don't go for second best, baby, put your love to the test.' Minhyun is second best! Maybe even third best. But it would be nice to date someone....I guess Minhyun couldn't be that bad...No. I'm NOT doing that. Just...go to sleep, Sohee. You can deal with them and it in the morning. Just....Just sleep. You'll live!...

Oh jeez. What am I supposed to talk about with him? What does Minhyun like? He likes music! And dancing! And singing! That's all of my interests right there. Does he....does he like video games? I kinda like video games, too. Maybe it won't be so bad. I just can't let the awkward silences happen. That would be terrible. Alright Sohee. Time to go to sleep....

AH! CL LIKES T.O.P TOO! Oh no oh no oh no oh no....This is bad. Real bad. What if it gets between us...? No, I cannot let that happen. I won't let it happen. CL and I are too close for someone like T.O.P to break us apart. And look at Nicole and CL! They're getting closer because of this whole thing with Minhyun. Maybe if I just keep it up for a little while, I'll lose interest in T.O.P and Nicole and CL can be friends and CL and T.O.P will date and everything will be okay...Unless CL finds out I like T.O.P. No. She won't. I hope...

Alright, Sohee. It's time to sleep. Sleep, Sohee....Sleep....

Sleep....