Aftermath

Angel vs Warrior
Please log in to read the full chapter

You walked down the corridor in school without him for the hundredth time.
Although you could always picture him leaning against your locker, asking you how your day went.
Although you could always hear him singing softly against your ear, making you swoon at the very same lyrics. 

"Hey!" Jongin appeared in front of you, snapping you back to reality. You tried to put on your best smile, "Hey Jongin-ah, how's school?" 
Jongin's smile faded, *Her smiles are all so forced ever since Daehyun hyung passed away...* They had all tried their best to make up for your lost, always accompanying you to places, making sure that your free time is always preoccupied so you wouldn't have any time to think of Daehyun. They all knew what would happen if that happened. 

Jongin slung his arm around you and the both of you walked down the hallway, towards the exit. People pushed pass you, but you never really paid extra attention to that. Only the things that Daehyun once did, caught your attention. Even three months later, eating a piece of carrot reminding you of him. 

Once you reached the end of the school gate, you bid Jongin farewell. "Where are you going? Chanyeol hyung will be expecting you at home." Jongin raised an eyebrow and questioned you. You waved at him, "I'll just need to run a quick errand, it won't be long." you quickly went on your way before he or anyone else could stop you. "Give me a call once you've reached home!" Jongin hollered after you. It was hard not to worry about you. During the first few weeks of Daehyun's passing, you barely ate, you barely slept, you barely spoke, no one, not even your best friend or your brother knew how to comfort you, or if there was even enough of you left to comfort. 

You took multiple turns down the street and boarded the bus that took you on a long and lonely journey towards your love. The sign board in the bus flashed "Seoul National Cemetery", you dragged your feet down the bus and stood on the freshly soiled earth that smelled like rainwater. You walked through the maze of graves, and stopped at one that looked relatively new. "Oppa...I'm here again." You knelt down and brushed your fingers across the picture of Daehyun. "Will you get tired of me visiting you? I hope not... I came to tell you not to worry about me up there, there are people here taking care of me, so you gotta take care of yourself too. It's been awhile, yet whenever I open my eyes during a brand new day, your face is the first I see, and when I go to sleep, you're the last person I think of. Do you think this will ever stop? I really don't wanna forget you... Why did you leave me so soon?" You asked the questions every single time you came to visit him, but always left without answers.

You felt something wet on your hand and heard the thunder roar. *Oh it's raining... Funny how it always rains when I come here...* you sighed and took that impending storm as your cue to leave. "Oppa, I'll come back soon."

On your way home, you turned and walked down a dark alley, hoping to reach home sooner to avoid getting drenched in the rain. You saw a few men squatting around with bottles of beer in their hands, and picked up your pace.

"Hey girl, wanna join us for a drink?" One of the men stood up slowly and made his way towards you. A crooked smile was plastered on his face, which told you he was definitely up to no good. You ignored him and continued walking even faster. 

"Come on, it's only a drink. I'll even send you home myself after that." He came so close to you, you could smell the alcohol on his stale breath. *This is all too familiar...* You remembered the time Daehyun saved you from a bunch of erted men. 

"Just let me go home." You kept your eyes on the ground and tried to push your way past

Please log in to read the full chapter