Goodbye (Part 1)

Angel vs Warrior
Please log in to read the full chapter

The doctor entered the ward to deliver some bad news. "He probably won't ever wake up... Even if he does, he'll be paralysed from neck down. Please be prepared for the worst. If anything crops up, just press the emergency button located at the side of the bed." the doctor bowed and left. 

You requested the boys to leave the room and give you some time with Daehyun. You sat on the chair beside his bed and held his hand tightly. "I'll stay by your side, Daehyun oppa. I won't let anything or anyone take you away from me."

"Please...don't leave me here alone." You gave his hand a little squeeze.  "You promised me you'd stay by my side and protect me! So why aren't you doing so now?!" Your emotions switched back and forth, from sorrow to anger, and back again. You were angry that Daehyun might leave you, and you were sad that he might never be coming back again. "Oppa...Please..." tears fell onto your intertwined hands. 

The rest of B.A.P and your brother were waiting in the waiting room, while the others went home to get some rest. Your whole world felt like it was crashing down on you, and without Daehyun, you felt like you were facing the world alone. Still disappointed at the lack of response from Daehyun, you sighed ,*It's okay, he still has some time. I'm sure oppa will wake up, he won't leave me like this.* You tried to comfort yourself, you tried to be optimistic like how Daehyun would've wanted you to be. 

The machine beeped every time Daehyun's heart beat. You could hear the steady pulse of the beat, and that gave you a tiny bit of assurance that he was still alive, he was still there. You turned and looked at the clock in the ward. It was 8:50pm, time was slowly slipping through your hands, but you knew you couldn't give up hope. "Oppa... remember the first time I celebrated your birthday with you?" You smiled at him as memories came rushing back into your mind. 

"Jung Daehyun!" You shouted and ran towards him. 

He turned around and pouted. "Yah, what time is it already? I thought you weren't coming!" 

"I'm sorry, I lost track of time. But see what I got you!" You opened the box and showed him the cake you baked yourself. 

"Wahhhh, is that for me?" Daehyun was touched. 

"Yeap! And I baked it myself so be touched!" you beamed proudly. "Quick quick, let's celebrate before the time runs out!" 

Please log in to read the full chapter