Awaken

Crashed Into My Life

 

Chae Eun's POV

I awoke with a severe headache, in what seemed like a hospital room. What happened?

 

“Old man, she's awake!” A woman in her late-forties called out to a semi-bald man sitting on the couch beside her. At the same time, young woman in her early twenties rose from her seat. “Chae Eun-ah, are you feeling alright?” The young woman asked, as she moved nearer to me.

 

Her hand reached out to pat my head, but I pulled away. Her eyes widened at my reaction. The woman in her late-forties came over and sat on my bed, “Chae Eun-ah, do you want some fruits? Or water?” She smiled at the end of her sentence.

 

What did she just called me? Chae Eun? At that instant, my head started to hurt. I raised my hand to massage my temples, but felt a bandage around my head. I looked at my hands; they had bruises and cuts on it. What happened?

 

“Umma, I think we should call for the doctor.” The young lady called out. The semi-bald man nodded his head in agreement and went outside, calling, “Doctor, she's awake!”

 

“Where am I?” I finally opened my mouth and asked. I was startled by my own voice. “Honey, you're in the hospital. Do you remember what happened the other night?” The woman asked. She was smiling, but you could see the pain in her smile. “Why am I in the hospital?” I raised an eyebrow. “Chae Eun-ah, do you remember anything?” The woman repeated her question, not answering mine.

 

“I need the toilet.” I slowly stepped out of the bed and landed my feet on the floor. At the moment my feet touched the ground, it hurt, but it was still manageable. I stared into the mirror, looking at the girl in it. She had a bandage wrapped around her forehead, a small cut of her cheek, and a bruise on her jaw. I was starring at myself. I examined my limbs, and found many cuts and bruises too. My left leg was put into a cast.

 

“Chae Eun-ah, the doctor is here, can you come out for a moment?” A voice, whom I recognised as the woman's, came from outside. I opened the door and was startled by all the faces staring at me. Most of them were women, wearing white uniforms. Nurses. I slowly limbed to my bed and rejected all the help offered from others.

 

“Chae Eun-sshi, I'm gonna shine a light into your eyes. Please sit still.” I did as I was told. The bright light from the torch triggered another round of headache . The whole world seemed to be shaking. They told me to lie down and rest.

 

“Sir, Ma'am, can you come out for a moment?” The woman and the semi-bald man left the room, along with the nurses and doctor, leaving me with the young lady.

 

“Chae Eun-ah, take a nap. It'll help.” The young lady assured me that everything would be fine. But the question was, what was wrong?

 

Nobody's POV

Outside, Mr and Mrs Park were sitting on the bench available, next to Doctor Lee. After a moment of awkward silence, Doctor Lee finally opened his mouth, “Based on all the details you have just mentioned, I'm afraid that your daughter is suffering from amnesia. It might be the reason why she doesn't recognise any of you. She hurt her head during the accident. I suggest you try and help her retrieve her memories as soon as possible. The longer it takes, the less likely she'll remember.”

 

Mrs Park broke out in tears. Mr Park placed his hands around his wife, trying to comfort her, “Honey, it's better she doesn't remember. She'll be devastated.”

 

A/N: Remember to leave a comment below and recommend this fanfic to your friends if you like it! :D