Reckless Challenge

Crashed Into My Life

 

Nobody's POV

On the other side of Seoul, an accident happened at the exact same time. Park Chae Eun was on her way home after a dinner date with her boyfriend, Woohyun. “Oppa, thanks for the dinner tonight!” Chae Eun smiled at her boyfriend of a year.

 

Woohyun pulled over in front of Chae Eun's apartment building. “See you tomorrow oppa!” Chae Eun tried to open the car door, but it was locked. Chae Eun turned around and pouted. Next to her, Woohyun laughed cheekily and said, “Chae Eun-ah, don't go yet. Let's take a spin around the neighbourhood.” Before Chae Eun could even reply, he started the car engine and stepped on the paddle.

 

They arrived at a park near her house and Woohyun opened the car door for her. “Your highness, this way please.” He smiled and motioned for Chae Eun to step out. Chae Eun blushed as she stepped out of the car and walked towards the all-so-familiar park with, Woohyun following behind her. Chae Eun came to a stop in front of the playground and Woohyun walked in front of her, turned around and snapped his fingers.

 

The moment he snapped his fingers, bright and beautiful lights all over the park. “Oppa!” Chae Eun squealed, her hands covering . She couldn't believe her eyes. Woohyun chuckled at her reaction and said, “I know, I'm awesome!” He held her hand and led her to the swing. “Take a seat, I'll push!” He smiled and made her sit down on the swing.

 

Slowly, Woohyun started to push her. “Chae Eun-ah, don't ever leave me.” Woohyun stopped and placed his hands on Chae Eun's shoulder. He slowly leaned in and gave her a backhug. Chae Eun smiled and placed her hands on his. She stood up, and the two embraced each other.

 

--

“Alright then, shall send you home now.” Woohyun announced and turned around to fastened Chae Eun's seatbelt. “Oppa, thank you.” Chae Eun smiled brightly. Woohyun started the engine and drove away from the park. Half way there, a sport car over took them and kept cutting into their lane. “Those dickheads!” Woohyun complained. “Oppa, be careful!” Chae Eun shouted as the sportcar swerved into Woohyun's lane for the fourth time.

 

The driver of the sport car rolled down his window and mockingly said, “Can't beat me?” Two of his friends in the back seat started laughing like no tomorrow. The driver smirked before speeding up. Woohyun was pissed. He sped up too.

Soon enough, the two cars were speeding right next to each other. It was in the middle of the night and the road was empty. Nobody would have expected a lorry to drive past at that exact moment. Especially Woohyun. Woohyun stepped on the breaks as soon as he realised, but it was all too late. The car crashed into the lorry and Chae Eun was thrown out of the car through the window. She landed on the side of the road.

 

“Chae Eun-ah!” Woohyun stumbled out of the car and struggled to reach Chae Eun's side. “Chae Eun-ah, I'm sorry.” Woohyun muttered, before finally giving in. He collapsed in the middle of the road, his hands still reaching out for Chae Eun. “Woohyun oppa. Oppa, it's-” And she out, not able to say it out.