Chapter 6

Be Mine

CHAPTER 6

 

Naeun spent the rest of the afternoon trying to think up a way to confess.

*Maybe i can just slip a note into his locker?* Naeun shook her defiantely. *No no. That won't work out. He'll just pass it around and let others see.*

Before she can fully come up with something, the bell rang and signaled the end of the school day.

Naeun heaved another deep sigh before gathering her books and slipping it into her bag. When she walked outside her classroom, the person she least expected to see was Myungsoo, irritation etched on his face.

He got off the railing he was leaning on and walked over to her. " You know its extremely rude to ignore others when they try to talk to you." He voiced out, empahsizing extremely. 

Naeun who was annoyed the minute his face appeared in front of her just shoved him back a little so he wasn't hovering over her and walked off towards the back of the school building. 

"This would be a good time to confess to him so he won't annoy me anymore." Naeun muttered to herself.

"What'd you say about confess?" Myungsoo, who was following her asked.

"Iwanttosayivebeeninlovewithyouforthelongestoftimeandimconfessingmyloveforyou." Naeun blurted out in one breath, earning a confused expression from Myungsoo.

"Am i suppose to understand what you just said?"

"Yes!" Naeun shouted out in rage.

"How was that gonna happen if you talked so fast?!" Myungsoo yelled back.

Naeun took in a deep breath to prevent herself from exploding. After a few more moments she started again.

"I said. I like you. For a long long time already." Naeun finally gathers her courage and lied.

"You? Towards me?" Myungsoo pointed a finger at her than to himself, skeptically. 

To make it more convincing Naeun goes on with her lies.

"The only reason i was even at the library was because i saw you go in there. And i went again the next because i wanted to see you again." 

"But whats with all the yelling at me then?" Myungsoo continued questioning, not believing her lies.

"I wanted to make an impression?" Naeun nervously responds back.

"Why does it sound like a question?" Myungsoo leaned towards her, their face centimeters apart, making Naeun more nervous.

"I wanted to make an impression on you." Naeun repeated firmly before continuing. "All the girls fawn over you left and right, but you don't even spare a glance at them. By going against you would make you look at me differently. And if you don't back your face away, i will kiss you. I am deeply in love with you, you know." Naeun almost gagged from the words she just said. 

Myungsoo immediately backed up and his face hardened. His face turned cold, and his eyes was hidden from any emotion. No wonder he was the ice prince in the academy.

"If you wanted my attention, you shouldn't have confessed then. Don't get all your hopes up just because i talked to you a few times. You're nothing and you're not worthy. poor girl." Not giving Naeun a chance to retort, he turned and walked back out towards the main gates of the school building.

When he was clearly out of sight, Naeun kicked at the dirt and made nasty faces at him. "TCH! No one wants your disgusting love!" She shouted, knowing he won't hear her. 

From behind, she hears a chuckle. she whipped her head around and looked at the sudden intruder.

"You-"

"Im Sungyeol. Remember?"

"Ah! I remember now. You were the one who i crashed into last time."

Sungyeol gave a laugh at Naeun's face expression. Then it struck Naeun.

"D-did y-you hear-"

"Hear the confession?" Sungyeol finishes for her. Naeun could only give a nod.

"Y-yeh." Sungyeol answers nervously.

"Please please please! Don't tell anyone about this!"

"Relax. I won't tell anyone abuot this." Naeun signed in relieve after hearing his answer.

"But it doesn't seem like you really like L." Sungyeol suddenly brings up, shocking Naeun. 

Sungyeol only gave another laugh at her frightened face expression.

"You're not going to tell Myungsoo this right?"

"It depends. What would you do for me if i keep this secret?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Tell me the truth."

"Eh?"

"Tell me why you'd confess to him if you don't really like him."

"Do i have to?"

"Nope. I'll just go tell L so he can continue having his fun while messing with you." Sungyeol took a step towards the main gates, causing a frantic Naeun to grab his arms.

"I'll tell you!!!" 

Sungyeol laughs again then slightly ruffled her hair. 

"I didn't want him bothering me anymore. Bomi told me that he loses interest in girls who confess."

Sungyeol nodded his head in understanding. "Wow. You must really hate him. Girls will kill to have him look at them just once."

"Of course! I dont even understand how girls can even like him. Hes the epitome of a bastard!"

Sungyeol's face expression hardened at the word bastard.

"Don't call him bastard if you don't know anything about him." Sungyeol said with an angry tone.

Naeun was taken aback with his tone. Before she can ask him anymore questions, he took his hands out of her grasp and walked away. 

*What did i even do?" Naeun asks herself before feeling angry and stomping off towards her house.

"Who the hell is he to yell at me like!" She muttered.

That night, she couldn't sleep due to Sungyeol's sudden change of tone. Though its only the second time Naeun met Sungyeol, she was sure he wasn't the type to get angry so easily. So what exactly did she do?


Ho ho another update :D 

Hope you guys like the Myungeun moment.