Chapter 19

Be Mine

CHAPTER 19

"No no no. That's not how you're supposed to walk. Pay attention to Mrs.Jung if you want to win his heart!" Naeun puffed her hair out of her face lightly at Myungsoo's nagging. 

"I'm trying my best already!"

"Well try harder!" Naeun ignored his comment since she had nothing else to retort and continued taking little steps to walk across the living room, earning herself a smack every now and then for walking out of pace or her footsteps being an inch longer apart than it was supposed to be.

For the past few months after that gentle smile Myungsoo gave Naeun outside the nurse office, he's been giving her training to become a better woman. Since Sungyeol was also apart the elite class, it's a no brainer that his parents wouldn't accept Naeun if she was to stay the same way she was, climbing fences to trespass and causing a fight with everyone.  

Which was why the poor girl now has four teacups - extremely expensive ones that she'd never be able to repay even if she was given ten life times - stacked on her head and an overly strict woman tapping a ruler in her palm as she looked at the girl with high disapproval. 

"Remember not to break the cups." Myungsoo chided before laughing at Naeun's cute glare directed at him.

"I hate you." Naeun mumbled while she refocused on walking elegantly and at the same time making sure the delicate teacups won't be meeting with the floor. 

Two hours later, Naeun was finally able to walk like a normal girl would. It wasn't considered high class styled yet but at least it wasn't with her arms waving all over the place and a mile apart footsteps. 

Naeun plopped down into the couch as soon as Mrs. Jung's eyes were no longer on her as she was gathering her things to leave. Myungsoo told one of the maids to see the woman out while he took a seat next to Naeun.

"I've never seen Mrs. Jung look so hopeless before." He joked, earning himself a wack on the arm by Naeun.

"Nuh uh. You're not supposed to display violence so easily. If you were to become Sungyeol's woman, you'll meet lots of other girls who are ten times worse than my fangirls. Are you going to just use your fists on them? What if you guys were at a party? If you make his family lose face, there won't be anymore of you. And all this hard work would go to waste."

"I get it. Ii'll try to hold back my temper next time okay?"

"Good girl." Myungsoo patted Naeun's hair lightly, chuckling at Naeun's reaction.

"I'm not your dog!" Naeun attempted to give him another slap but Myungsoo eyed her. 

"Remember what I just said?"

Naeun sighed in defeat, lowering her raised arm before leaning back into the couch.

"I feel so bad for you guys."

"Why?"

"To have even just your walking be critized? That's beyond ridiculous. What next? Is there some formal way to eat or even sleep? These things shouldn't be controlled by anyone. It's supposed to be a natural thing that comes to you."

"Actually there is a specific way you're supposed to eat. But those lessons would come later on."

Naeun's eyes widened at his words, emitting another sorrowful sigh causing Myungsoo to laugh again.

"It's good to see you genuinely laugh." Naeun started.

"I do laugh."

"You know what I mean."

"Actually I don't."

"You're actually laughing now. Not in the way when someone gets bullied and you snicker at their distress or someone else's misfortune or you laughing because the rest of your friends laughed. Actually laughing because you find something whole heartedly amusing. Not to mention, you look really nice when you smile. It's cute. I'm sure there'll be even more girls who'll like you if you were nicer."

"I do find it amusing seeing people's misfortune though. That's why I laugh. And no thanks. I think I'm good with how many girls are trailing after me already."

Naeun rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Forget it. I have to go now."

"Wait. I'll-"

"No you will not bring me home." Naeun stomped towards the pathway that led to the mansion doors but then stopped at the open walkway before turning back to Myungsoo,

"Because I consider you my friend now, I'll tell you honestly. You're a good guy Myungsoo. And I don't know what caused you to have to pretend to be such an awful person but I hope you face your problem and move on in life. Being the type of guy you, yourself would be proud of."

Myungsoo remained planted in his steps before snickering lightly. Pretend to be such an awful person? Pft. You just don't know me yet.