Chapter 15

Be Mine

CHAPTER 15

 

Myungsoo fell back into his bed as he continued staring at the ceiling above him blankly. Had he really just shared a deep kiss with the poor girl he looked down on so much? Did he actually like the kiss? Her lips that wasn't even sure what to do. Myungsoo groaned into the hands that covered his face the more he thought into this.

All of a sudden, he hoisted himself up, his expression clear of any worry, suddenly setting something straight.

"It was just a kiss. Nothing more. There's no need to think so much about this whole thing." His eyes widened at the realization. Myungsoo then let out a small chuckle, embarassed that he acted like such a little girl about this kiss just now.

Thats right. It was just two lips touching each other. Tons of foreign people do this all the time. Why should it be any different for him? It's not like he has or would ever have any feelings for Naeun anyways.

_______________________

So why in the world was he now standing here in front of Naeun's house as she awkwardly stood in front of him. She had properly cleaned her wounds and now only a few of the bruises were clearly visible since Naeun was not one to use any makeup, well at least not on the arm. 

Myungsoo gently took hold of Naeun's arm. Of course, she flinched at his touch, instinctively trying to pull out of his grasp but he only held her tighter, moving her arm closer to his eyes to inspect. Naeun her lips nervously, not knowing what to do at the moment. 

Myungsoo's eyes went from the bruises on her arm straight to her lips the minute the tongue made its appearance and he internally smacked his own head. Sure he had told himself the kiss was just a sign of courtesy. Just like how foreigners kiss each other when they say hi. But he can't help but want to feel those lips on his once again. Even if they were just stoned in position without knowing what to do.

He flung Naeun's arm down, causing her eyes to widen and lead to a scowl she directed at him as she held her arm and gently rubbed the sore spot. Myungsoo got into the limo that waited beside them. Seeing that he had left the limo door open, Naeun was not sure whether she should get in or just walk to school. She decided the latter.

Quickly shutting the door, Naeun then made her way down the road. Inside the car, Myungsoo's was beyond bewildered. He scoffed as he continued watching her from behind. She was still slightly limping from the harsh blows to her leg. Just as he was going to forcefully get Naeun into the limo like he had done the day before, he decided against it.

Why should I care what happens to her? Why am I leaving the door open for her so she can get in? Why should I continuously have to be the one to run after her? Myungsoo once again scoffed as he told his driver to just start the limo and drive.

Yep. Thats right. This is how I'm supposed to be. Not caring at all whatsoever about anyone or anything. 

Naeun scoffed at the car passing. Of course he wasn't going to stop the limo and tell me to get in again. What the hell was I even expecting? Actually, Why the hell am I even expecting anything? And what is this sour feeling bubbling inside?

Naeun shook her head furiously. "Wow this is getting too wierd. I need to stop thinking about him. It must've been the after effects of the kiss. I need to get my head straight."

After another twenty minutes of half skipping and slight limping, Naeun finally manages to step onto the road pass the school gates as she made her way inside the school building. Now it was more limping towards her classroom as she tried to slip past all the students in the hallway. 

What were they doing all standing here in the hwallway instead of going to class? Naeun huffed in frusteration. 

"NAEUN!" Instinctively turning around as she heard her name, she watched as an overly hyper and tall Sungyeol run over to her as he waved his hands in the air. Like what? Was he thinking maybe Naeun couldn't see where he is with his height of 6feet and hops?

Naeun giggled at the sight before her. He looked so much like a bunny on drugs. Finally, Sungyeol came to an abrupt stop in front of Naeun, still waving his hand energetically.

"Hey there Sungyeol." Needless to say, all eyes were on the two of them since Sungyeol was part of the elites afterall. It's not everyday that an elite would come over to common building. "So did you need something?"

"It seems like you need something more than me." Sungyeol pointed towards Naeun's legs that filled with cuts and bruises.

"Ani. I'm completely fine right now." Sungyeol ignored Naeun's words, picking her legs up even as she frantically wailed her arms and legs around.

"Yah Sungyeol!! Put me down right now! It's embarassing." Naeun looked all around her, everyone's eyes dilating even more than before if it was even possible. Sungyeol only laughed at the frantic girl in his arms.

"You're pretty cute when you're embarassed." These words immediately caused Naeun to stop moving about as she widened her eyes and stared in front of her, not so sure if she heard his words correctly.

"Now thats a good girl." Sungyeol joked as he casually carried Naeun over to her homeroom. He laid her down gently, completely unlike Myungsoo. Mentally thinking about his rough actions, Naeun tsked, surprising Sungyeol a bit.

"That's how you repay my kindness? I'm hurt." And he imitated his gesture from yesterday, putting his hands over his heart with an expression of shock. 

Naeun laughed and shook her hands immediately. "It's not that. I was just thinking about something else. Thanks for carrying me to my homeroom." Naeun arched her eyebrow as realization hit. "How did you even know what my homeroom is?"

"Theres really nothing we elites don't know girl." 

Naeun nodded her head as she processed his sentence. "You won't be doing this again tomorrow right?" Naeun asked with worry, even biting her bottom lips as she looked up at Sungyeol.

Sungyeol rubbed his chin as if in thought. "I actually didn't think about tomorrow yet but now that you gave me the idea, why not?" A cheeky smile formed on his face as Naeun's widened his panic. This caused Sungyeol to laugh as he laughed at the petrified expression Naeun has on her face.

"Relax. I'm just kidding. I'll bring a wheelchair instead tomorrow okay?"

"Why would I need a wheelchair? My legs will be fine by tomorrow already!"

"We can just do it for fun." Another smile formed on his face and this caused Naeun to laugh as she played along.

"Alright. Sounds cool. I'll anticipate your arrival then." 

"You're so wierd." Sungyeol responsed as he ruffled her hair slightly.

"In a bad way?"

"Absolutely not. I like how you're freaking out about this one minute then make a joke the next. It's cute."

"You've been calling me cute quite a lot. Do you perhaps have a crush on me or something?" Naeun's usual outgoing and joking side came out as she wiggled her eyebrows playfully. 

Sungyeol bent down so his face was in front of Naeun's, making her gulp slightly from anxiety.

"What if I say I do?" No smile was visible on his face and he stared right into her eyes. She felt her heart pound a few times, gulping a few more times due to her inability to think of a counter remark.

"Ha. Ha. Haha." She let out a fake smile. And this was all it took for Sungyeol to splutter out fits of chuckles as he slapped his knees and clutched his stomach again. 

"I was just joking! You should've seen your face! Priceless. Oh man. I will never get old of all your face expressions."

This caused Naeun to frown, her smacking Sungyeol's arm in revenge. "That's not nice! I got so worried that you were telling the truth." She pouted and Sungyeol's laughter slowly died down, once again ruffling her hair lightly.

"Would it be a bad thing if I really did like you?" Another poker face as he said those words. This time, Naeun punched his stomach lightly while he arched over from the hit.

"Stop making these kind of jokes already. They're not funny." 

At this moment, the school bell rang, signaling the start of homeroom. Naeun stepped into her classroom as she waved bye to Sungyeol.

Sungyeol then headed back towards the elites building. But I wasn't kidding. If I didn't see you panic and worry about it, I wouldn't have said it was just a joke.

__________________________________

By lunchtime, everyone was talking about Son Naeun and Lee Sungyeol. And of course, Myungsoo also heard about it. An irritated expression formed on his face the more he heard and the more he felt something boiling in the pit of his stomach. 

Sungyeol finally made his appearance as he took his usual seat next to him at the lunch table happily and draped an arm over his shoulders. "What took you so long today?" Myungsoo questioned, not hoping Naeun to be in his reasons.

Sungyeol shrugged lightly as he grabbed a piece of lettuce from the center of their table. "Went to see someone."

"So the rumours are true?" Dongwoo interrupted, a huge smile forming. Dongwoo had always been the happy and bubbly type. Seeing him smile wasn't out of the norm. Especially when he was excited. 

"What rumors?"

"About you and the - um that girl. What was her name again? Eunna? Nahye?" Dongwoo tapped his chin as if trying to remember which irked not only Sungyeol but also Myungsoo.

"Naeun is her name." Both of them said at the same time. Dongwoo looked at Myungsoo and then Sungyeol while the two were in one of their own staring contests.

Myungsoo was the first to break the eye contact. "If you're going to gossip about someone, at least remember the name right." He began while he himself grabbed a piece of cabbage, putting a piece of meat and rice into it as he continued grabbing other ingredients to put into it.

Sungyeol snickered. "Talk for yourself. When you try to gossip with us, you call the people person a or girl a or boy a. As a matter of fact, you don't even usually gossip with us. Are you by any chance interested in this girl just cause she confessed to you?"

Myungsoo immediately choked on his wrap, grabbing for the cup of water and gobbling it down. Continuous coughs were emitted.

"Why would I be interested in this girl? And how do you know she confessed to me? You know better than anyone that I don't care about girls."

Sungyeol let out a sigh of relief. "That's good to hear because I don't know what I'd do if we liked the same girl. Afterall, you're like my brother."

Myungsoo nodded at his statement. "Of course I won't like her. What is she even?" Of course I won't like this poor girl.