Chapter 16

Be Mine

CHAPTER 16

 
Myungsoo dragged behind from the others of Infinite, an expression of annoyance and partially worry covering his features.

He was so into his own thoughts that he didn't even realize he ran into Krystal. As they collided, Myungsoo only looked up to see who had the nerves to crash into him but eyes of fury immediately replaced the annoyance and worry he had seconds ago.

Only scoffing at her appearance as she slowly regained balance, he strutted past her with a quick pace, hoping to get out her sight as quick as possible. Krystal frowned at the cold actions of Myungsoo.

"Why can't we just be friends?" She called out after him. And this drove Myungsoo over the edge. He turned his head around, a look of incredulous nerves of the girl to actually say something like.

He stomped back over, standing right in front of her as he moved his face closer to her until the point where they were only at most two inches apart. Krystal her lips in nervousness, not too sure what would happen at this point. Was Myungsoo going to kiss her? What was he planning?

"Friends? After the betrayal you put me through? The betrayal that cost me my best friend and the girl I assumed was my soulmate? Friends? To have the nerves to even en ask me that! Wow you must not have any shame do you."

Myungsoo scoffed one more time, grilling into Krystal until she couldn't even meet his gaze anymore. She wasn't sure how to respond to this. She knows it was her fault. But what can she do when she actually finds herself falling for Minho? 

The least she could do was tell him the truth as soon as possible which she did. 

______________

Myungsoo sat in front of his computer screen as he scrolled through the accessories and jewelries showcased on Tiffany & Co's main page. His and Krystal's one year anniversary was coming up and he had planned to give her an extravagant surprise.

He was going to bring her to a high class restaurant, just the two of them with the credit card he had used so much efforts to get his father to make for him with an average of at least 95 in each class and ranking number one in at least three. He had done it. Came home with an average of 97 and becoming number one in almost all of his classes. Except for literature where a girl, he had never taken the chance to learn her name, placed number one in the class with an average of 100.

But no worries because he did as his father had told him and now he was here looking through countless numbers of pretty neckalces and other accessories.

Myungsoo even ordered a bouquet of one thousand three hundred fourteen roses. Quite the romantic man he was back then. As he continued scrolling through the webpage, he felt his phone vibrate next to him on his bed. Reading the Caller ID to be Krystal, a grin immediately found itself on his lips as he quickly answered.

"Myungsoo? I have something I want to tell you." Missing the clear seriousness of her tone, Myungsoo only giggled some more.

"Alright. Where are you right now? I'll come pick you up."

"I'm already outside your door. Come open it?"

"I'll be there in a second." Myungsoo leaped from his best and dashed down the stairs, flinging the door open with so much force, its a surprise it didn't unhinge itself from the screws.

There, standing at the door was none other than Krystal. She has a solemn look on her face and behind her was Minho who wore a similar expression.

"Oh you're here too Minho! So what's the matter?" Myungsoo led the two back to his room where he flopped down into his bed, putting his arms behind his head to act as a pillow while he stared up at them in cheerful smile.

Krystal turned to look at Minho, still not sure how to say this aloud. Minho squeezed her hand in reassurance before walking in front of her and shielding her behind him, a sign of protection.

Myungsoo finally snapped out of his own little world thinking about the ten thousand ways he can celebrate with Krystal. He sat himself up, his hands pushing into the sides of his bed to keep himself up. He stared at the little gesture from the two and immediately felt something starting to burn in the pit of his stomach. A bad omen that he hoped was just him thinking too much.

"Myungsoo. I need you to calmly listen to us explain."

Us. That was all it took for Myungsoo to get everything that was going to unfold. From Minho squeezing Krystal's hand in reassurance, him shielding Krystal behind her, and the countless number of Krystal skipping out on their dates. She had said her mother hired her a new tutor and that's where she was when she couldn't come meet him. Yet he couldn't find himself to believe it would really happen.

He let out a laugh. "Eyyy why are you guys so serious today? It's our one year anniversary today Krystal!!!"

Myungsoo took a few steps over to them, attempting to grab Krystal's hand but she only dodged it, looking up at him with a guilt ridden face. 

"I'm sorry L. I really am." Tears threatened to spill from her eyes at the sight of Myungsoo trying to not break down. Yet with those words, Myungsoo still couldn't find himself to believe the bad feeling he was getting that was slowly rising. 

He ran out of his room, dashing out the doors of his house and went as far as legs could carry him. And just like it was in melodramas, the clear blue sky darkened, clouds covering all of the sky and it began to pour. With the rain running down his face, Myungsoo used it to hide his tears that could no longer be held back. 

He kept running and running, even when he heard Minho and Krystal calling after him. He continued running even when he felt his phone in his pockets vibrate before snatching it and hurling it at the ocean that stood beside him. 

When exhaustion finally got to him, Myungsoo slumped down in a public bench just outside a convenience store where it was pretty secluded. Night has fallen already and the rain stopped an hour ago. But that didn't stop the tears from continuing to run down his face. He bit his arm that he used to cover his mouth, attemping to stop the crying like that. It wasn't like anyone could see who he was anyways with the street so dark and without a street lamp.

He put both his feet onto the bench, crying into it, not even realizing that blood had slowly formed on his now dirt and sand filled white socks.

From inside the convenience store, a girl of the age of 14 who was visting her mother grabbed a box of bandaids off a shelf and snuck outside the store, settling herself next to the boy. She handed the box over to the weeping boy who only got startled by the little girl and continued to stop his own crying but failing. The girl, seeing as the boy was still crying and not understanding the box of bandaids, crouched down before his feet that were propped on the bench, taking off his socks while he squirmed from the touch. Yet the girl didn't give up as she continued to grab it and eventually, finally got the bandaid on a cut under the boy's feet. 

She then sat back onto the bench where the boy's sobbing has decreased and he watched the little girl in annoyance. Who was she to be putting the bandaid on him when he didn't need one. Not at the feet at least. The girl, whose face was hidden in the dark, Myungsoo could only catch the smile caught under the small light from the convenience store. A wide grin danced around her mysterious features and then she began to sing.

Don’t worry go~ I’ll be OK! I will let you go
Because I don’t need your love no more
Because of you, my heart is frozen
Go over there go away, go over there boy go home
 
Out of all songs, why did she have to sing something like this? Despite the lyrics and the tone of the song that he assumed was supposed to full of spite, the girl sang it as a smoothing melody, humming bits of it while she sang other parts with a sweet voice.
________________
 
Myungsoo slowly began to hum the melody of the song that suddenly came back into his mind as he walked away from the still speechless Krystal.
I wonder how this girl is doing. Is she younger than me? Or maybe a noona? Is she getting good grades? She has probably gotten herself a boyfriend by now."
The rage that was forming in his stomach before from seeing Krystal was dismissed as he thought back to her kind actions though he doesn't know or remember any of her. Not even that bright smile that illuminated from the little light the secluded convenience store gave.
 
 
A laughing Naeun nearly crashed into Myungsoo when she was too busy running away from Sungyeol who held a bug in his hands, whether real or fake, she was not sure at this moment as she didn't take a good glance at it. Another frown immediately found its way onto Myungsoo's face. He was gone for no more than a minute or two and already, Sungyeol was already playing around with Naeun.
 
Did she not have any shame to play like that with him even after the breaking out of the rumours? Maybe when she got beat up last time, it was because Sungyeol's fangirls wanted her to stay away from him.
 
Myungsoo attempted to sidestep Naeun who was still oblivious to him being behind her as she was running backwards, accidentally slipped on a rock and her already half limping legs gave way immediately. Yet when she felt something cushiony behind her, she looked up to realize that Myungsoo had taken a hold of her arms to prevent her from plummeting to the ground.
 
Naeun looked at Myungsoo, the memories of the day before all coming back and she immediately flail her arms around to make Myungsoo lose his grip on her which ended up happening. She fell to the grass and Sungyeol quickly ran over to aid her. 
 
"Yah. Why did you flail like that? Myungsoo had a hold on you already." Sungyeol reprimanded Naeun who only looked down in embarassment, still not able to look Myungsoo in the eye. And she still hadn't forgotten his cold attitude this morning. 
 
Naeun leaned on Sungyeol for balance, more pain seeping in from the bruise that formed yesterday. Her foot was getting more swollen from hitting the rock just now. Once Sungyeol realized this, he scooped her up and began to carry her back into the school building, probably going to the nurse's office. 
 
Myungsoo continued to frown, seeing the blush and embarassed laughter emitting from Naeun as she attempted to get Sungyeol to drop her down. While he continued watching her, he can't help but get more images of the mysterious girl in front of the convenience store.
 
Sungyeol seemingly remembered his best friend, turned back around with a huge grin. "YAH SOO! Tell the teacher I'll be late to class."
 
Myungsoo nodded absentmindedly, forgetting the memories of the convenience store girl once again. He walked to class, clicking a few pebbles and rocks in annoyance though he wasn't so sure what the cause of it was. 
 
Was it because he ran into Krystal and she had the nerves to ask to just be friends? Or was it cause he can't remember anything about the girl. Or was it because Naeun-
 
Nope. Definitely not. He shook his head. The reason for his annoyance could be anyting but it was definitely not Naeun. Not Naeun who was bashfully smiling in the arms of another man. Or her bright smile that appeared wherever she was except when he came into view. Or when she would rather fall and hurt her bruised ankle then having him touch her.