Chapter 17

Be Mine

CHAPTER 17

Sungyeol gently set Naeun into one of the beds in the infirmary office while they awaited for the nurse to come back from wherever she headed out to. 

"Why didn't you just let Myungsoo catch you?" Sungyeol eyed her wierdly, not forgetting how Naeun pratically shoved Myungsoo away the minute they came in contact with each other.

Naeun only shrugged, dropping her head into the bed while her legs hung on the side. "I was just surprised that someone caught me."

Sungyeol didn't buy it, but he didn't want to continue questioning Naeun about it either. Honestly, if there was some kind of conflict between the two, it was not in his position to make a fuss over it. Him and Naeun were nothing but friends right now, and Sungyeol had a clear feeling it'd always remain that way.

The two sat in silence for a while, no other topic to talk about coming to Sungyeol's mind. Naeun didn't feel the need to purposely speak either, her feeling comfortable from the silence with Sungyeol. Just then, Sungyeol jumped out of his seat, completely frantic, causing Naeun to jump up in the bed too.

"Naeun, I forgot I had a test this period. Aish. I have to go. I'll come back as soon as possible okay? Stay here and wait for the nurse and me to come back."

Naeun laughed at the sight of Sungyeol scurrying out the infirmary doors, almost slipping in the middle of the hallways from his abrupt turn.

She laid back down in the bed, letting herself relax once again, even unknowingly falling asleep.

___________________

Myungsoo glanced towards the front of the room when he heard the door being opened a bit too loudly than necessary and smirked when he realized it was Sungyeol. 

I guess he remembered there was a test.

The teacher frowned at Sungyeol's ruckus in the middle of the exam, even going as far as giving him attention. Not only was he late for an exam, he was disturbing the other students from taking the test.

Sungyeol was about to object but decided against it, seeing he has already made quite an entrance already. He didn't want anymore attention on him.

Sungyeol quickly took his seat near Myungsoo. Myungsoo then took this as que to hand in his test and stepped out of the classroom. The teacher couldn't even object, since he was never able to refrain Myungsoo anyways. Besides, he was number one and the smartest in class, there really wasn't a need to go against him. Not to mention the influence his family has on this school.

The test was so easy, Myungsoo was done the first ten minutes it was handed to him. Taking out his phone, he quickly inserted all the answers of the test into the text before sending it to Sungyeol. 

This was their system of cheating. Well this was what Sungyeol came up with after failing his 3rd exam. Myungsoo would leave the classroom once done, since he's always so quick and send him all the answers. The system helped Sungyeol pass to a sophmore for college and he wasn't going to stop using it.

Myungsoo walked around, bored out of mind after having sent Sungyeol the message and decided he wanted to get some sleep. He headed straight for the infirmary, a usual spot he goes to when he wants to skip class or just get away from everyone. He even got close to the nurse because of this.

As he stepped foot into the empty infirmary, Myungsoo went straight for the second bed after seeing the first one was occupied by some girl. Having to pass this girl to get to the second bed, he took a glance at her only to realize that it was actually Naeun.

Myungsoo scoffed and was going to go on his way when Naeun's legs gently swung off to the side of the bed, catching Myungsoo's attention when he saw the movement from the corner of his eyes.

He saw the blot of purple on the girl's ankle, frowning immediately. From all the times he went to the infirmary, he has gotten to know where everything was in there. He went over to the desk and opened a cabinet where there was a mini fridge in there and grabbed a pack of ice.

He then grabbed some paper towels, wrapping the ice within it and walked back over to the sleeping girl. Ever so gently, he placed Naeun's legs on the bed and settled the ice on swollen wound.

Clapping his hands as if to get rid of imaginary dust, he moved over to get to the second bed and finally sleep when he heard a plop. Looking towards the fallen pack of ice as the girl had turned her ankle, he frowned.

Myungsoo stood there for annother few moments, not knowing what to do then decided to grab a chair, placing it next to the bed. He moved the girl's ankle so it was facing up and gently pressed the ice on the bloated area.

He then looked at his watch, which read 12:23. There was another hour before the next class would end, and he was sure Naeun wasn't going to wake up. He only needed to place the ice on it for half an hour only anyways. 

And that's what Myungsoo did for the next twenty minutes until he got tired of holding the ice in place. It was then that he suddenly seemed to realize he could just tape the pack of ice to the girl's legs, which was exactly what he did before hopping into the bed next to her. 

He turned his body so he was facing Naeun, immediately shutting them tight when he saw her fidget just the slightest.

Naeun stretched and let out a groan from the nap she had just taken. Feeling the cold tempurature on her skin, she looked towards it before looking around to see who could have maybe put it. When she caught sight of the sleeping Myungsoo, she frowned.

"No way it could've been him. Sungyeol must've done this when he came to see me in the middle of his test and check if I was still here. Or maybe it was the nurse."

Myungsoo internally shouted at the girl. "Yah! This girl. To think I was being nice to her. She doesn't deserve it at all. If you're thinking , at least keep it inside. Was there a need to say it out loud? Aish."

Naeun got up from the bed, seeing as she already got treatment and the nurse didn't look like she was going to come back yet. Hearing the small sound of rustling, he opened his eyes and got up from the bed, yawning loudly to catch Naeun's attention.

Naeun froze at the loud yawning and decided it has nothing to do with her, so she continued walking to the door without taking a glance back.

Myungsoo sat there flabbergasted. "Yah!" 

Naeun's eyes widened at him calling out to her. But then again, she wasn't required to pay attention to him and without sparing a glance, continued to walk again.

Myungsoo breathed out in annoyance. The second time. This was the second time, this girl ignored his existence.

He jumped out from the bed and ran over, grabbing onto her arms.

 

I know this chapter was looooong overdue and I apologize for it. But inspiration wasn't coming to me but I have found a resolution to this. From the next chapter onwards, each chapter would be based on a line in the song, Be Mine. At the end of the last line, would be when the story ends, so there'll be about 20 or less chapters left before the story ends :D