Chapter 14

Be Mine

CHAPTER 14

 

What Naeun assumed to be a tactic for Myungsoo to release his grip on hers became a smothering kiss in the middle of the streets. Not only did Myungsoo not release his grip, he pulled her closer and deepened the kiss, even sliding a tongue in when Naeun's eyes opened and she attempted to shout stop.

Myungsoo only smirked into the kiss at Naeun's widened eyes as he continued with quick steps to the car. Naeun was too shocked with the kiss to do anything or even realize anything. She saw nothing. Heard nothing. Smelled nothing. Well actually a slight swiff of Myungsoo's cologne.  

This time, he laid her down gently inside the passenger seat but he still didn't break the kiss, even hovering over Naeun during the ride home. He had made his driver close the door behind him with his hands full and a wee bit too short to pull the door when he got back into the car. 

Naeun, who was still so lost in the moment and actually found herself liking just slightly the way their lips intertwined and felt against each other remained in position, completely frozen in place. She was so lost in the kiss, not exactly in a good way that she hadn't even realized she was currently inside Myungsoo's room until she felt a soft cushiony feeling behind her and looked past Myungsoo's head to see the room light hanging in the middle of the ceiling and wallpapers that were obviously not the scenery inside the car. 

Myungsoo found himself liking every instant of the kiss and being unable to break away from it, even with the slight taste of iron from the blood that seeped out of Naeun's busted lips. He touched her injuries gently from the cut on her eyebrows to the bruises on her arms, pulling out random leaves that managed to remain placed in her hair even after the movements of rejection she has made. 

And before he could even stop himself, he found his fingers slowly removing the school uniform shirt that Naeun wore, her pink bra already making a slight appearance. Naeun felt the fingers at the buttons of shirt and this was when she finally snapped out of the trance. She shoved Myungsoo with all her strength, forgetting about her constantly stepped and kicked arm.

Myungsoo covered his mouth in astonishment. Not only had they just have a thirty minute make out session, his fingers had actually suddenly have a mind of its own.

Naeun hoisted herself off the bed, quickly hopping over to the bedroom door on one foot. Myungsoo remained planted in his spot, still shocked at the sudden step forward in their relationship that was supposed to be nothing but platonic feelings and a plan to have a bit of amusement in his all too boring black and white boring world.

With the best of the ability that she can, Naeun hopped down the spiraled stairs but was obviously a little too slow with her half limping. By this time, Myungsoo had already recollected himself from the unexpected moment, and for the third time that day, scooped Naeun up into his embrace. He set her down when they got to the bottom of the staircase, Naeun being unable to even look him in the eye. 

She was awaiting him to start a conversation, saying the kiss didn't mean anything. It was just a mistake. When silence remained in the air for another ten seconds, Naeun already couldn't take anymore and continued half limping and half hopping over to the doors. Myungsoo followed her out silently from behind, just to make sure he wouldn't have to open the door tomorrow morning to a dead body in front of his house for falling head first into the concrete steps.

"Hey!" Myungsoo finally decided to call out to Naeun after she was already just a step before exiting the gates. Naeun stopped for a millisecond in instinct but mentally slapped herself and began walking again. She didn't want to stay another minute there. She felt she had lost all her dignity and pride, being the one to initiate the kiss. 

Myungsoo squinted his eyes irritation as the limping figure slowly got out of sight. He looked towards his driver who was awaiting next to the limo and motioned his head towards Naeun. The driver simply nodded before getting into the limo to catch up to Naeun.

As she heard a beep next to her, she was positive it was Myungsoo so she continued walking, deciding to not give any attention again to him. But when she heard an all too familiar jolly voice calling out to her, she looked at the limo to see Sungyeol. He was waving energetically as his head hung out the opened window. 

Naeun could hear Sungyeol shouting for his driver to stop the car more in excitement rather than authority. The driver did as told and Sungyeol leaped across the streets to Naeun, seemingly forgotten his little sudden lash at Naeun the other day.

"Hey what happened to you? You look like you got into a fight."

Naeun wasn't exactly sure how she was supposed to react. Sungyeol was clearly the one last time who suddenly got angry at her for apparently no reason but now here he is, worrying about her. Deciding that it was probably just a little mistake on Sungyeol's part, Naeun gave a smile.

"It's all thanks to your precious friend." Heaving a sigh, Sungyeol only continued looking at Naeun in confusion.

"You're gunna have to be alot more specific than that."

Naeun rolled her eyes. "Who else would I know that is part of the elites other than Myungsoo?"

Sungyeol's eyes in realization, clapping his hands as if he was the one who solved the riddle himself.

"Why? What happened? As cold as Myungsoo seems, he'd never put his hands on a girl. He rarely even puts them on guys."

"He won't. But his fangirls would." Naeun heaved another deep sigh before catching the sight of Sungyeol's car still behind him.

"Do you mind driving me home? It's kind of inconvenient for me to walk all the way back right now."

"Of course not! Here lemme help you. As apology on behalf my friend." Sungyeol took a hold of Naeun's left arm, carefully guiding her across the street and closed the car door behind her. 

"So what is going on between you and Myungsoo?"

"What can be going on between me and him?" Naeun decided it was better to use more appropriate words remembering Sungyeol's sudden shouting towards her the other time.

"It's been so long since Myungsoo has actually spoken to a girl its more than surprising to see him hanging around you all the time."
Now that Naeun remembered, Sungyeol had overheard Naeun confessing she didn't actually like Myungsoo. 

Her eyes slowly turned into slits as she stared a hole into Sungyeol. He gulped nervously, not exactly thinking he'd like the next thing that comes out of with the glare shes giving him.

"Did you tell Myungsoo that my confession was fake or something?"

Sungyeol put his hand over his heart and pulled off a saddened look. "To think you'd have more trust in me than that." He then went on to put his head into his hands and began to 'weep' in the fakest cry ever. Naeun laughed at this, leading to Sungyeol laughing back too.

"There we go. You look best when you're happy. And I'm sorry for the sudden backlash at you the other day. It was just that bastard can be quite a sensitive word."

"Should I question the sensitivity?"

Sungyeol shook his head with a straight face, obviously meaning he was not joking about this.

Naeun let out a small smile. "I'm sorry for using that word around you then. It won't happen again." She had come to the conlusion that maybe the word bastard was connected to Sungyeol and not the person she had labeled the word with.


Second daily update since the lack of updates the past month :D