Chapter 8

Be Mine

CHAPTER 8

 

Naeun woke up the next day, frantic about seeing Myungsoo. She looked out her windows and sure enough, there was Myungsoo leaning on the car and staring up at her house window. 

Naeun gasped and flung the curtains closed, causing the watching Myungsoo to laugh at her cute reaction.

"I never actually thought someone would confess just to get me away from me." He said to himself then laughed again. 

Back in the house, Naeun jumped back into the bed when she heard footsteps coming up the stairs. She closed her eyes abruptly, wanting to at least pretend she has overselpt so she can avoid Myungsoo.

Footsteps neared Naeun and she was mentally cursing. "Naeun-ah." She felt a hand nudge her back lightly but refuses to react, still stiff and frozen in spot. 

Her mother, stood and frowned with her hands on her hips. She bent over and nudged Naeun again but again, was faced with no reactions. 

"Miss Son Naeun. If you don't get up right now, the noodles I made you for breakfast would end up in the garbage can.

*Crap. Cannot let food sway me. Cannot let food sway me." Naeun kept thinking to herself over and over again. *But its food! I'll get hit by lightning if I don't appreciate it." 

Naeun then opened her eyes and peeked from her covers at her mother. "Mother. I'm sick. Can I stay home for today?" Naeun whined, still hoping to avoid Myungsoo at all costs. 

"Yah get up young lady. Anyone can blindly tell you are far from being sick. Besdies you have a free ride to school. Look at the handsome guy standing outsdie the house. I'm not stupid enough to not realize hes here for you."

"But umma!!" Naeun whined again, even hitting the blankets in aggravation. "I don't even know him!" 

"Okay Naeun. you don't know him, that's why such a good looking guy is standing out there for you. You aren't exactly a drop from heaven my daughter to cause all guys who only see you once to fawn over you."

"Hey thats offensive! I'm not that bad!" Naeun pouted childishly.

Naeun's mother giggled. "Okay okay. Just get up and get ready. He may run out of patience if you don't go down soon."

"I hope his patience ends really fast." Naeun mumbled, but got up nonetheless and headed towards her bathroom.

When Naeun was done with her monring routines, she went down the stairs, sitting at the dinner table where she dug into the fresh made bowl of soup noodle while her mother finished cleaning the kitchen. When she was done, she took a seat across from Naeun, watching her eat intently. 

The unaware Naeun, looked up when she felt the strong gaze and nearly choked on her food. Her mother's mysterious glint never dissappeared, causing Naeun to flush.

"What do you want mom?"

"So whose the boy outside?"

"Huh?"

"The boy outside. Don't act stupid. When did you guys meet?"

"School." Naeun answered abruptly then went back to eating, avoiding her mother's gaze the whole time.

"More specific?"

"Mutual friends?" 

"So when'd you guys start?"

"Mother! Why is it so wierd for a guy to be waiting for me? I'm friends with almost all the guys in school for being like one of them. He's just an aquaintence."

"Ah thats right. I shouldn't put much hope in your love life." Naeun only nodded her head while slurping down the remainder of the noodles. 

"I'm done. Gotta go now, bye mom!" She scurried out the door after getting her bookbag from the chair next to her, trying to pass Myungsoo and pretend she didn't see him.

Myungsoo only smirked at what Naeun did. He lightly jogged next to her, continuing to watch, making her feel uncomfortable but her stubborness prevented her eyes from wandering to him.

She then decided to run for it, but Myungsoo was quick to grab her arms before she got too far away.

"Didn't you see me next to you, Jagiya~"

"Ehh? You were here the only time? I really didn't see you there. And now i have to rush to school. Don't want to be late." She tried to prying her hand out of his but his grasp was strong and ended up dragging her back over to the waiting limo. 

"After shoving her inside, he closed the door quickly and locked the doors, telling his driver to speed off.

"Now you definitely won't be late." He said with a sly smile.

 


I think i will be leaving aff soon so im turning this into a short story. trying not to drag it out. sorry if it seems a little rushed!