Chapter 11

Be Mine

CHAPTER 11

 

"Another fight already?" Minho grumbled as he made himself comfortable on Myungsoo's bed. School had just ended and it was another of those days where Minho went over to Myungsoo's house just for the hell of it.

"She was being unreasonable!"

"What'd you guys fight about now?"

"She was complaining about me not remembering our third month anniversary!"

"Girls really treasure these dates, L. You should go apologize."

"It wasn't like it was on purpose! It was the day father came to check on me and my grades. And you know how things can get out of hands."

Minho nodded in understanding. "Did you tell Krystal about this though?" 

"Why should I? I'm a guy! I can solve these problems by myself." Myungsoo attemtped at a manly pose only to become the laughing stock for Minho.

"Doesn't seem like it if you guys are fighting over something so stupid and trivial. Just be the bigger man and apologize Myungsoo." Minho further urged Myungsoo when the whole time his mind thought about was how Krystal would come running to see him tonight. It didn't matter to him that she'll be ranting about Myungsoo. It just made Minho happy just to see Krystal's name pop up on his phone telling him to come out and meet up with her. 

While Myungsoo continued to spray a bunch of bull, Minho cautiously glanced at his phone to see it had read 5:17. 

"Crap!" Minho jumped off Myungsoo's bed and ran out the door while screamng back, "Myungsoo! I have somewhere to go. Just solve the problem yourself!"

Myungsoo rolled his eyes at his friend who easily fled his room without much consideration. Myungsoo plopped down on his bed, blowing a few strands of hair out of his face in frusteration.

 

Minho burst through the doors of a small coffee shop several stops away from Myungsoo's house and sped over to Krystal. 

"Sorry I'm late!" He panted as he settled himself down on the opposite booth of Krystal whose poker face only made his apologetic grin vanish. 

"Myungsoo told you already right?" Krystal pouted as she sipped on her ice mocha. Minho only nodded.

"So who do you think is in the wrong?"

"Obviously L! I mean its you guys' third anniversary. How can he not remember!" Minho brushed out what Myungsoo had said about meeting his father and focused on Krystal. 

"So why is he so stubborn to just apologize?" Another pout emitted from the blemish free face. 

"C'mon. Don't be so down. I'll bring you somewhere to make it up for you."

Minho hastily grabbed Krystal's hands and dragged her out of her booth. 

"Where are you taking me? You just got here."

"Somewhere special."

Minho dragged Krystal onto a train and was nearly squashed by the overwhleming amount of people on the train. Krystal stumbled as the train made a small turn and Minho easily grabbed onto her waist, showing a goofy smile down at Krystal who smiled back.

An hour or so later, the train finally arrived at its final destination. Krystal followed Minho out of the train when her phone rang.

Taking her phone from her small bag, the caller id read Myungsoo and Krystal immediately flipped it open while the oblivious Minho continued to stride down the platform. 

Babe, I'm sorry. Please forgive me?

Krystal rolled her eyes but a smile danced around her face as she saw the picture Myungsoo sent to her. He was in a kneeling position with his hand on his ears and an overly exaggerated frown was seen on his perfect features. After a few more moments, she replied.  

You're forgiven.

Myungsoo grinned like an idiot to himself upon receiving the message and set his phone back down to go take a shower. 

Krystal's smile only got bigger every second that passed as she continued to stare at the picture. "Krystal! Hurry up!" Minho called out to her but when he saw the wide smile, he knew they had made up again. His lips turned into thin lines, but he shoved the feeling of losing out and hopped back over to Krystal.

"Whats taking you so long?" 

"Nothing. Nothing." Even though Krystal tried to hide her happy features, the warm glow emitted from her was enough to tell everything. 

"C'mon. I still haven't brought you to the place yet." Minho once again shoved the feeling of hurt aside and plastered a smile on his face.

"But Minho. Its getting late. Its already 7. Theres still school tomorrow."

"Aww don't be a party pooper. Just one more hour and I'll let you go. I'll make sure to bring you home safely."

Krystal could see the sadness in Minho's tight smile and sympathetically, said yes.

Minho took hold of Krystal's hand immediately and brought her to the place of what seemed like a rundown shack. 

Krystal's face immediately showed disapproval at moving any closer but Minho's reassuring smile caused her to willingly follow him inside.

Contrary to what was seen on the outside, the inside was a cozy little place with a game system and small television attached. A mattress was off to the side along with blankets and pillows. 

"What's this?" 

"My hideout place I guess you can say. When I want to be all alone, I'd come here."

"How did you get everything over here though? Does anyone else know about this place?"

"I have my ways and you are the first ever person to be shown this place. Not even Myungsoo knows about this."

"Well I feel special." Krystal grinned in a joking manner while her hands glided over the little trinkets and furntitures around.

"You are."

Krystal turned back to Minho in alarm, trying to play it off as another joke. "Ha. Ha. Ha. So funny Minho."

"I'm not lying!" Minho approached Krystal while she only backed away.

"I'm your best friend's girlfriend Minho! You can't be serious."

"Oh c'mon! Don't act dumb Krystal. Would I keep trying to become friends with you for the past three months if it wasn't anything? Just give me a chance. ONE. That's all I'm asking for."

"Minho-"

"Just one! Date my for a week and if you don't fall for me by then, I'll treat you as a little sister from then on. Sister in law."

"How am I supposed to do that? I'm currently unavailable!"

"We'll do this behind L's back. Its just one week. He won't find out."

"Are you out of your mind? How can you call yourself his best friend?!"

"Krystal I REALLY REALLY like you! Its the first time and I'm willing to do anything for it."

Seeing the determined look on his face, Krystal solemnly nodded. "One week. One week and thats it. No more. No less."

 

 

 

Minho frowned when the memories came back to him. Him and Krystal were currently sitting under a big oak tree as it hid them from the others and covered the sun. Krystal was sleeping soundly on his lap and he could only smile, still contemplating over his decision from back then.

 

Off on the other side of campus, Naeun was seen trying to run away from Myungsoo. Key word being trying. Myungsoo had a hard gaze on her and even though Naeun gave it her all to walk away from him, Myungsoo easily grabbed her back and made her sit next to him. 

"Argh! What do you want!?!?" Naeun shouted in annoyance while Myungsoo's hard frown didn't falter at all.

"Why were you talking to him?"

"To who?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Don't act dumb." The slits of anger clowly became more narrow.

"How the hell am I supposed to know who-" "Oh. You mean Minho?"

"Wow you guys are so close to just be calling each other by first names now?"

"Whats it to you?"

"Don't go near him. Hes not as nice as he portrayed himself to be."

"I'd say more nicer than you though."

"I said. Don't go near him. And thats final."

"Why would I have to listen to you?" 

"Well maybe because you'd like for me to stop annoying you?"

"As long as I don't talk to Minho, you won't talk to me either?" A big smile made its way on Naeun's face and she started to jump in joy.

"Yes. I promise."

As long as Krystal is happy with Minho and Minho don't hurt Krystal, I'm willing to do anything for their happiness.