Chapter 3

Be Mine

CHAPTER 3

 

Naeun scanned the area for any guards and when she saw none, she slowly ran to hide behind the tree. Checking again to make sure its clear, she quickly hopped over the wall. She actually brought a ladder just so she can hop over faster. 

Checking once again to make sure the coast was clear, she ran up the stairs and hid behind the statue in the front, hearing voices coming near.

"Damn students. They made more work for us. Why the hell would you SNEAK into a goddamn library!" A guard rants. The second one gave a chuckle and agreed, but that was all Naeun heard since they already walked away. She mentally apologizes to the guards.

Quickly opening the door, she slipped in and closed the door quietly but quickly. Once inside, she looked before her at the huge shelves of books and smiled her usual warm smile for the first time that day. 

Running over to the action novels again, she grabbed another book and made her way back to the very same windowsill that she saw Myungsoo sit at yesterday. Expecting him not to be there, she hopped over happily like a big kid but skidded to a stop when she saw him sitting there.

"Ugh. To think i wouldn't see this bastard today." She purposely voices out.

Myungsoo gave a half smirk. "Can't believe you actually came again even after the notice. You've got some guts."

"I know I do. Unlike the who goes back on his words. Saying he minds his own business and won't tell anyone, but seconds after, there is a notice on the board. Stupid son of a biscuit."

"You DO realize I'm Myungsoo, L, one of the most influential person's son right?"

"Tch. So what if your father is one of the most influential people in korea. Thats your father. Not YOU.  The only reason people don't go against you is because they are afraid of your father. You? PSH. I bet they all laugh behind your back for being sucha daddy's boy. Going to him for all your problems like a little baby and making him solve it for you!" Naeun puffs out with rage. Never had she seen such an arrogant and annoying boy.

Myungsoo's face darkened, hearing what she said. How dare she talk to me like that! He got up off the windowsill and slowly walked over to Naeun, but she took a step back everytime he took a step forward. 

While she kept backing up, she manages to trip over her own feet and goes tumbling to the floor. 

Myungsoo hovered over the fallen Naeun, their faces centimeters apart. "I dare you to repeat what you said." He says without emotion, but inside hes furious.

"I said YOU ARE JUST A DADDYS BOY! NO ONE IS AFRAID OF YOU. THEY'RE ONLY AFRAID OF YOUR FATHER!" Naeun starts off calmly but then shouts boldly, at the same time pushing Myungsoo away from her, making him stagger back.

Myungsoo scoffed. So thats how you want to play? You want it rough? I'll give it to you rough. Better watch out you poor girl. This isn't the end of this. He fumes silently then walks pass her and openly pulls the library door open.  

He walks towards the gates, leaving the library door wide open, but gets interrupted when the guards came around. They bowed respectfully towards him even though he was younger. 

"Leaving already?"

"Yeh. You should check inside the library by the way. Seems like you might finish the job tonight." 

The guards glanced at each other before bowing at Myungsoo for his help and rushing over to the wide open library.

Myungsoo watches as they scurried inside and gives a small chuckle. Lets see  how you'll deal with this. You worthless girl.